christian email

Post those fundie conversion, spell request, turn my little brother into a frog, UFO, and just plain freaky emails you receive here. We can all critique them.
auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

christian email

Post by auramoonsongs » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:40 pm

I had an email today from a christian woman who said that she had lots of money and no children and she wanted to give it to me a good christian soul (ha ha) if i help her fulfill her dream. Well you can imagine what I was like when I read that. ME a good christian girl ha.

aura moonsongs
blessed be

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:45 pm

lol now thats a spam mail gone horribly backwards

idea "accidently" drop off a copy of the email minus your email address to some local churchs, nice little firestorm will erupt over that one. the herd might do something good for once, get rid of spammers
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:30 am

what is the good of that particular spam?
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:45 am

its a rip off / modification on the Nigerian money scam
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:42 am

Yeah, my housemate got a similar one. Just ignore, delete, and don't open any emails unless you're pretty sure who they're from.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:40 am

good advice.
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:18 am

Or open them on your bosses / schools computer, or at an internet cafe. :-D

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:24 am

or you could do what the post office/rock stars do and send it back unopened with a note that says "i'm too cool for you"

although what rock star does that...?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:02 pm

I still use the one I posted for you all on "Dead Nigerian oil milionaires".

I just send it to ALL spammers now. The dead Nigerians have given up.:cry:
Which proves to me that they are coming from a central command. If not a central company. Three of my choice answers, and bang, no more Nigerians.

The main problem I do find is that the return addresses tend to be bogies, even when they are trying to sell stuff!! What IS the sence in that? :-?

(Ahh, "Bogies". 1) ghost, "monster under the bed"...or in the toy box, or any other place that looks like it may contain monsters, in a kids bedroom.
2) Bogy man, see 1). 3) "fake", or false. 4) what you pick out of your nose and is big and emerald green with veins in, that you flick at the tutor whils he/she is busy on the black board, or stir into their coffee whilst they are away to change the donut you hit with the first one. The stickyness of which pulled their false teeth out.)

But then, because I have explained it, using Sod's law, you will probably all know that, and Ragnar has wasted his time again. :cry:

If I hadn't, I would find about three letters tomorow asking. :roll:

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:38 am

i hate to ask in this topic, but why is the librarian's topic (fanatic opposite) locked? is it so that the "guest" can't come back?

i'd have a few words for him...

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:29 am

thats why its locked

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:53 am

It's a good thing, too! I'm glad. No use feeding the trolls. We don't need big arguments to ruin the homey feeling of this board. Best to just leave well enough alone.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:28 pm

Thats exactly right CHL. Why should we waste our space and time replying to that nonsense. I only wish I had of deleted it before someone replied to it, then we wouldn't be bothering to talk about this.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:35 pm

so sorry, me lovelies!!!!

i hate to start stuff... [-X

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:39 am

white_harmony wrote: I only wish I had of deleted it before someone replied to it, then we wouldn't be bothering to talk about this.
Well, as I see it, Kelreth's reply was really rather good, and a perfect note to lock it on. :-D