Earthlings

Television, radio, RSS, podcasting... Anything you can record and take with you that promotes Pagans.
white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Earthlings

Post by white_harmony » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has watched this production at all? I heard about it via Damh the Bard actually, after he had watched it and posted about it on Facebook. And I thought, well, since the food poisoning over the weekend has really got me thinking about severely changing my diet, then this would definitely keep those thoughts going and hopefully move it into action. Which is now the plan after watching this.

Damh sums it up quite well here - http://damh.wordpress.com/2010/09/06/ea ... -the-film/

The link to watch the production is at the end of his blog. I would recommend though, that if you have a sensitive stomach for any kind of cruelty, then please, don't watch it. I am quite sensitive to that kind of thing, and still find myself with tears running down my face and quite shocked and saddened, and yes angry, at what I've just seen. I am not naive, I know that humans are intentionally cruel and that some horrific things happen in this world on a daily basis, but this was definitely an eye opener into what I did not know, in detail, of what is happening.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Earthlings

Post by davisherm » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:44 am

I haven't watched it yet either, but got it from his blog also. It encourages some choices that that my Sapphire and I have made already. It sure feels nice when somebody who's opinion you value highly validates a course of action that you're already taking. :) I imagine this would be right up CHL's alley as well. Paging CHL! Paging CHL!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Nuuuuuuuuu.... I'm fully aware of the atrocities of the human race and how a vegan diet can pretty much erase most of the damage we are doing... I hate watching those things. I've caught hubby crying after seeing some.

I will watch, though
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:16 pm

I'll probably give this a watch on a day when I'm not quite so down on myself.

Although it doesn't seem like the sort of thing I'd normally go for, I usually prefer looking for the good in everything instead of focusing in on the bad. I suppose I need to get both to be properly balanced.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:12 pm

I'm going to curl in the corner and cuddle my cats and snake now and try not to cry....

Personal mortification and crying aside, this was really well done. I'm not surprised Moby was playing during the majority of it.

How can anyone, no matter what religion but especially Pagan, see this and not want to change this???? How can anyone CONTRIBUTE to this????

Oh my gods people... if you eat meat and have pets, make sure it doesn't contribute to this!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:18 am

Even already knowing quite a lot of it, it's not any less horrifying. Don't think I'm watching it again and I don't think I'll recommend it to anybody else who's already aware. It's just plain heartbreaking to watch.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake