Television, radio, RSS, podcasting... Anything you can record and take with you that promotes Pagans.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:04 am

It was a matter of time, wasn't it, before the movie had its own post here?

Wow. All I can say is that they have successfully summed up my spirituality in a 3 hr 3-D movie. That is grumbly and yet also very inspiring. :)

If you haven't seen it, go see it, in 3-D. If you can't see it, find a way.

On a side note, hubby was thinking during the movie, "... the men are wearing corsettes. This is definitely Jess's movie."

If you have seen it, what were your favourite parts? Mine, when Neytiri cries out, "Eywa has heard you, Jake!" I lost it. I started crying. And, you know, all the wonderful connecting with Nature bits :) and the cat-like nature of EVERYTHING COOL in the movie!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Avatar - Spoilers Inside?

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:08 pm

I can't argue, the movie is incredible.

I don't know if it summed up my spirituality in 3 hours, but it was definitely close. I found myself growling quite a bit at the humans in the movie. That said, it made me growl at it... showing that I was in the movie experience.

It was brilliant (I saw it in 3D as well). My favourite part was when Neytiri was walking with him when they first met and she was taking him to Home Tree. When she told him "You are like a child" with that tone of disdain, I fell in love with her. Other favourites were when Jake got his raptorian (name - correct? I could be wrong) and the moment when he captured the huge red one.

Also, I want to be a Na'avi now! :lol: :oops:

I did have a few small issues with it, but nothing movie killing or experience killing. Honestly though... "Unobtainian"... really? Landing Ground troops for a simple aerial bombing run? Why? The Na'avi and maybe two other species being the only creatures with 4 limbs? Every other creature had at least 6 if not more. It threw me out of my experience to realize that they were almost a throwback or something on their world.

Other than that though, I can't argue... at the very least if was an excellent movie. It will definitely be going into my collection when it comes out.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by Rowan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Seen it.
Loved it.
End of story.
I have lost my way.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Hytegia » Sun May 16, 2010 8:55 am

It summed up a good bit of my spirituality- te fact that everything is connected somehow in ways we can't dare to fathom.

But I think the whole point that got me was that this is what we did to the Indians. It's not close to it. It's not almost it. It's EXACTLY what we did. And for what?
Pretty rocks? A place to build? For teh lulz?

:[
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."