Fake or not?

Television, radio, RSS, podcasting... Anything you can record and take with you that promotes Pagans.
white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Fake or not?

Post by white_harmony » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:25 pm

I honestly don't know what to think. I've watched both videos. The first one made me jump a little, the second one was just unusual. But seriously, if this was my house, and it was for real, I'd be calling in the guides and angels and helping this one on it's way, cause I couldn't live in a house where this kinda thing happened lol. We have lived in some pretty freaky houses (noises, shadows, the feeling that someone was either watching you or right behind you, talking, doors/cupboards slamming that kinda thing) but we never really saw anything like this. Only heard it. Like, in one particular house, all the doors would slam shut down the hallway in succession, and that was something like 5 doors, so it was pretty loud, and not to mention annoying if the house was dead quiet lol.

Video Number 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r03M4mRR7Bk

Video Number 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njybUEW4Ls0

So what do you guys think? Fake or not? lol
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Fake or not?

Post by davisherm » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:33 pm

These videos popped up on another forum that I belong to, one that has more than a few ghost hunters as well as a whole lot of A/V professionals and the general consensus was that these vids were faked.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Tis what I thought. I will admit, he did a good job of it. It seems to have confused a fair few people as to its authenticity on other boards lol.

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:19 am

The angles and quality of the shoot are enough to disguise the means through which they made everything move. There's a lot of folks out there who are willing to accept anything video as real, forgetting that they go to the movies and see stuff on TV that most certainly isn't real.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:49 pm

As someone who has HAD things move on their own, and such, I honestly didn't see anything "Terrifying" in that video. I kept waiting for the "Good part" and it never came.

I've seen better footage on Ghost Hunters...stuff that's actually made my hair stand on end while sitting on my couch!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Ghost Hunters? I wish we had such shows here in Oz :cry: There's never anything of interest like that on TV here anymore. Used to a long long time back .. I remember watching some really good shows as a kid ... But these days? All we seem to get are reality shows, sports, soaps/sitcoms ... Want to bring back the days of putting fun stuff on TV! lol I shall look around see if I can't find some of that Ghost Hunters. I'm out of series to watch now, so maybe that'll give me something new to watch lol.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:20 pm

HULU!

Seriously, Hulu (www.hulu.com) has a HUGE selection of TV shows, including Ghost Hunters...and I think Ghost Hunters: International

The series is produced by the SciFi Channel...so if you get that, you just have to see when its on.

But the best place to find them is actually Hulu, since its free and all.

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Thank you thank you!!
To get Sci-Fi channel here, we have to have cable ... And we don't see the point in it, since we don't watch a heck of a lot of tv anyways. So Hulu, here I come! lol

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:56 pm

If you troll through earlier seasons (If they have them posted)...look for the Lighthouse footage...of a chair moving...and there's another Lighthouse with a face peering over the stairs (But the top floor motion sensor lights don't flick on!)

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:12 pm

OH yeah. Both those lighthouse episodes were great. The one in Florida was just fantastic though, chasing that thing up and down the stairs.

I love ghost hunters. Been watching it since the first season. It is the best of the real life paranormal shows that I've ever seen.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Oh, yes! Remember the Armory? Where the sound guy got slammed to the ground by his own equipment bag? Poor guy was freaked, but such good footage! The one camera actually got a shot of it lifting up by itself and almost flipping over his head. Something like 40 pounds of equipment, was it?

I can't remember which one, but there was an Asylum or Penitentiary with the man in the cabinet...showed up GLOWING on the thermal.

I'm not as fond of GHI as I am GH. The International team tends to call places haunted on much too little evidence.

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:16 pm

*cries* Hulu won't let me watch, cause I'm not in America lol ... However, I have found the lighthouse eps on youtube, so I've been watching them there lol

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:23 am

*HUGS* I'm sorry.

Say, if you're really interested, I saw GH season DVD's at Best Buy...maybe your library or video rental place could get them? Or you could order them cheap on like Half.com?

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:04 am

Kystar wrote:Oh, yes! Remember the Armory? Where the sound guy got slammed to the ground by his own equipment bag? Poor guy was freaked, but such good footage! The one camera actually got a shot of it lifting up by itself and almost flipping over his head. Something like 40 pounds of equipment, was it?

I can't remember which one, but there was an Asylum or Penitentiary with the man in the cabinet...showed up GLOWING on the thermal.

I'm not as fond of GHI as I am GH. The International team tends to call places haunted on much too little evidence.

The guy in the cabinet was at an Inn in Arkansas that used to be a funeral home or mortuary, I forget which. Then in that same episode, they visited a psychic who said there were spirits in his house and Jay consented to do a reading while they filmed with the thermal. There was all this trippy heat energy showing up from jay when he stated he was trying block the guy - the guy waved his hand and the head signature vanished. It was wild.

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:00 pm

W_H,

Check this out, this should allow you to bypass the whole AU thing http://www.torproject.org/index.html.en

As far as the videos go, that man needs to feed his dog better :lol:
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com