Celtic Myth Podshow

Television, radio, RSS, podcasting... Anything you can record and take with you that promotes Pagans.
Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

Celtic Myth Podshow

Post by Sìle » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Does anyone else listen to podcasts?

One of my favourites is the "Celtic Myth Podshow". :good:

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Celtic Myth Podshow

Post by Max » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:37 am

Only comedy podcasts I'm afraid. I used to listen to the Gervais-Merchant-Pilkington ones teehee. "Celtic Myth Podshow" any good?
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sìle » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:08 pm

Max wrote:"Celtic Myth Podshow" any good?
YES! That's why I gave it a "thumbs up" emoticon. :-)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:15 pm

What do they cover? Do they tell the myths and some history? Or do they just rattle off books where you can find mythological information?

Do they go into the evolution of the figures as the different tribes and peoples came together and merged? Do they talk about the Christian appropriation of some figures and stories to spread their message?

Brevity is wonderful in places, but it doesn't sell things your interested in to others. ;)
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

Celtic Myth Podshow

Post by Sìle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:33 pm

They dramatise the myths and recount them in the bardic style. They have just finished the Irish mythological cycle are are now moving onto the Welsh.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:11 pm

I tried listening to them... I have found that I can not stay immersed in the Irish/Welsh mythology. It puts me to sleep. Even the really old stories of Fey will do it to me.

However, I do listen to Spiritscast by Feithline Stuart. Great podcast, the host is really something. She used to do the Darkside of Fey, but had a few issues with podcasting on a schedule. She seems to be keeping up with the new show though.

I am starting to listen to the Wigglian Way, but I'll have to let you know how that turns out. The guy reminds me of Bob McKenzie... ](*,) And I'm just not sure if I can stand listening to that on a weekly basis.

The Firefly Chronicles was a great one that went on hiatus. It looks like they tend to do 2-3 episodes nowadays and then skip a few months though... Worth listening to though.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews