Fibromyalsia and neurological headaches

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
Draconia
Level 4
Level 4
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Fibromyalsia and neurological headaches

Post by Draconia » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:10 am

Okay guys, here's one I really need help with, and I'm sure there are others of you out there that could use the same :-" :-# . I have done a little internet research, but am unsure what sources to trust, so I'm presenting to you all. Has anyone found or has heard of herbal relief and/or remedies that help alleviate the symptoms of fibromyalsia and neurological headaches?
The medical community has come along way when dealing with fibromyalsia. Doctors no longer think that you are crazy or a hypochondriac when you go in and explain all these pains that don't see to have a legitimate source. They now know that it is caused by overactive nerves and have started treating the symptoms with anti-depressants. Pain killers have no effect on the pain. There are times that I feel as if my shoulder is dislocated, while at other times I feel as if I'm laying on cactus and all the thorns are poking into my body, one of the strangest symptoms are the weird vibrations that kick up in some of the most unlikely parts of my body. It feels like I'm carrying a cell phone and it goes off on vibrate.
As for the neurological headaches, many of you know I have a golf ball sized vascular malformation in the right size of my brain. It causes me seizures and a lot of other problems. For about the last two years I have been trying to get it taken care of, but due to MANY delays #-o and obstacles ](*,), I am only half way through the procedures. After they are done with the procedures, I still will have about four years before it shrivels away.
I don't like taking pills, though I still have my rainbow cocktail of them every morning. I've seen to many people become addicted to pain killers, which is unacceptable to me (especially when they don't work well in the 1st place). So if anyone could help with this problem or at least shoot me some reliable sources to check, it would be most appreciated. I would like to go a more natural way than what I have been if at all possible. Thanks!
" Drive my dead thoughts over the universe like withered leaves to quicken a new birth!" -Shelley's Ode to the West Wind

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet again and may the god's perserve the craft

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Fibromyalsia and neurological headaches

Post by white_harmony » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:14 pm

My grandmother is a longtime sufferer of FM, not that you'd know it, she always appears to be fit as a fiddle and as young as she wants to be. I'll give her a call this week and find out her secret for you :-D >:D<
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:34 am

I've been researching the last few days and other than a complete diet change, this is what I found: Avoiding nightshades (tomatoes and white potatoes, peppers, etc), MSG, and eat alkalizing foods. So, fresh lemons, apple cider vinegar, etc. I'd recommend the Master Cleanse for a few days but because of your injury that might not be a good idea; anyway it is very alkalizing. Apparently Tumeric helps a great deal, and studies have shown Rhus Tox (homeopathy) also helps. Tai Chi, too.

Other than that, all I can suggest is go to a qualified healer. :) If you're ever on coastal BC, I'd certainly be happy to help a friend.

Blessings!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Draconia
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Draconia » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:14 am

Thank you, CHL! =D> That helps considerably.Though I'll take it easy on those fresh lemons (allergy to excessive citric acid/Vit C :oops: ). Since fibromyalsia is caused by overactive nerves, I figure anything that would calm the nerves might help. I am open to any other advice as well, the Cymbalta they have me on only does so much and I tend to grow tolerant to meds. I'm willing to try alternatives instead of having to continue pill popping, and I will definitely use this info.
Gods! I had a horrible realization this morning. It just dawned on me that I turned the BIG 40 last month and that the night sweats I've been having most likely are not caused by the biological furnace that snuggles up to me at night :-? . So, ladies, any advice on that little problem would be helpful also. LOL! This all might not be so bad if it happened one thing at a time :roll: . To top everything off, the grandsons came down with bad cases of strep, I've been experiencing a sore throat myself, and I have gallbladder surgery on Tues. Going to the doc today, though. ](*,)
" Drive my dead thoughts over the universe like withered leaves to quicken a new birth!" -Shelley's Ode to the West Wind

Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet again and may the god's perserve the craft

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:13 am

Cher, I truly doubt that is your problem. I didn't sense that kind of change when I was there and I was there more than long enough to feel that one.

Also, after doing a lot of research lately, there is no evidence that can be backed up about nightshades being detrimental to FMS, just a few people who have noticed a benefit from cutting them out, but a whole lot more who've had no benefit from doing so. It's likely an allergy, imbalance or secondary issue aggravating the FMS. Kind of like I've always had to be careful about not eating too much cooked tomato or it would screw up my digestive system, but raw tomatoes don't.

Additionally, nightshade, in the form of belladonna, is one of the major homeopathic treatments for migraines and other neuro issues, as well as heart issues and inflammation issues. So, I believe the nightshade thing is individual specific, kind of like trigger foods for migraines and cluster headaches.

That said, St. John's Wort, Valerian, Skullcap and Grape Seed have been shown to help a lot of folks internally taken for FMS. Also, on the external side, muscle rubs (oil or salve) that have primary ingredients of Arnica and Cayanne tend to help the muscle, nerve and joint pains (as you discovered with the minor relief from me using the cheap, over the counter Arnica oil on you while I was there).

I am still researching and will summarize when I am done, but as y'all know, I can't be on the computer for very long before my head lights up like chain lightning these day (and you know what happens with that level of pain in my body from first hand experience Draconia, cherie).

I won't be able to say much about how effective these items actually are from personal experience until I get my tax refund back and can afford to visit an appothacary, but they seem to be some of the more effective treatments, along with several long, hot baths per day to ease the build up of stiffness, lactic acid and calcium in the muscles from the spasms and twitching.

You can try cutting those items out, but we both know y'all don't eat much of that anyway. A general system cleansing might help a little as well as more fresh greens in the diet, but that's general nutrition.
:hug:
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:55 pm

OK, I am so very sure you are all extremely sick of me bringing this up, but I wouldn't be true to my heart if I didn't.

http://www.hacres.com/library/testimonies/fibromyalgia

Up to you if you want to read or not and it really won't effect me either choice you make. Herbs, snake oils, pills, I can recommend them forever, but this SO often, not always, hits the foundation. Intuition, everything is screaming at me to share this. And if it's really getting on nerves, I'll even resign my post here on the PL, because you can't ask the healer lady about a problem and not get an authentic answer. This, truthfully, I have seen cure almost every disease out there, almost 100% of the time, if actually given a chance. Like I said, whether you do it or not won't effect me. But if people ask, I answer.

And that's the last I'll speak on the subject. Much love to all of you!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:46 pm

To each their own, hon... However, diet based on biblical BS isn't a bright route to go as a suggestion. There are lots of "snake oils" like this as well. If you're gonna recommend diet as a cure, you need to look into a person's cultural background, as some things are better for you than others, based on your ancestry, others less so. There are common items that are common sense, like ensuring you get enough vitamins, lean proteins, etc. However, as an example, try feeding barley based products to south Americans and you can end up with some issues, as their genetic background has no basis for that grain. That's a really blatant example, but it is also like those who don't have a background where cow based dairy was common often have lactose issues, whereas if goat based dairy was common to their ancestors, then they don't have an issue with goat dairy products, etc. Diet has some general rules, but it really has to be tied to the individual. Also, anything in excess can be bad for you.

Don't knock herbs either hon, I've been at the healing thing since you were a toddler and am extremely successful and herbs and energetic healing are my primary methods. Nutrition is also important, but you can't classify one diet as being the end all and be all for every individual and for every issue. As an example, there are known migraine triggers there too, just depends on the individual migraine sufferer.

I'm not tryin to shoot you down here hon, but you need to look at things with a wider view sometimes and less discrimination. That diet is not a winner for everyone, just like Atkins, south beach, etc. work for some and are harmful to others (like Dr. Atkins who destroyed his heart on his diet).

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:13 am

Rune you know I'm all for herbs. All of my suggestions in past for healing have all been about herbs. Herbs rock. They're natural healers. There's definitely been a miscommunication.

The point of the post above was that I've been asked what helps, and as a moral person, I'm going to share what I know. What I'm saying is there are solutions to get at the root. Herbs, medicines, they all help, but as the healer lady I'm going to recommend what I have seen work. It happens to be nutrition. And you're right, it DOES have to be individual, but again, I've seen this work. If Malkmus doesn't rock your socks because he's Xian, try non-religious types like David Wolfe, Kevin Gianni, Matt Monarch, Angela Stokes, Natasha Kyssa, Ann Wigmore. Malkmus is the site with testimonies specific to disease and categorized, so I send people there.

I'm certainly not going to pummel anyone for not eating live foods, or berate them for not, or even if they eat nothing but hot dogs and twinkies, but when asked, I'm going to tell them what I know, which is, I have seen this help people. It may work for you. It may not. But this is my recommendation. That's the point of this post, and the previous one, NOT to start an argument, NOT to say herbs don't work, because they DO. I just hate repeating myself and getting the same answers in return. "Ok, I want a magic fix I don't want to DO anything to help my health. I just want to take some herbs, because I don't like pills, and that'll make me better." It doesn't always work that way.

And DEFINITELY not saying that's what your situations are! That just happens to be the majority of the people I talk to.

I'm just going to shut up now.
Crazy Healer Lady

Draconia
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Draconia » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:20 am

Hey, guys! I didn't mean to start such a stink. I just wanted to hear some of the alternatives out there.I'm getting so tired of Western medicine, and that doctors seem to keep pushing pills at there patients. I believe that nature basically provides everything we need whether it be diet or herbal remedies. Something that works for one person may not work for another. I'm just interested in knowing what my choices are. Doctors so often treat only the symptoms instead of focusing on the source, they also tend to ignore the simpler and many times more effective natural healing methods.
Please don't fight over which method is best, I'm not going to foolishly go out and try something that I'm not sure of. I just want a broader base to research. Every time I look it up I end up on a site for one of the medications. We are all family here, which makes the library such a wonderful diverse place. CHL, there is no reason to feel like you would have to leave the PL. All recommendations are welcome, I just hope that others are as intelligent as I am to look into a possibilities a little more deeply before actually trying it.
Now, lovelies, let's have a giant cyber-hug, and make up like families are supposed to do :GHug: =D> \:D/

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:30 pm

That is very good to hear! Personal research is always best. I'm joining the cyber hug <3
Crazy Healer Lady

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:43 pm

And thank you Draconia. I think about you guys very often.
Crazy Healer Lady

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:23 pm

LOL :hug: no one was meant to be upset, just a slight correction so no one jumps the gun after reading and tries something that may not help them. :-)