Sleeping on the Floor

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Sleeping on the Floor

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:30 pm

So hubby and I have just moved, and we've been talking about getting a new bed - kingsize, because we're young dreamers. I've been following a family that advocates sleeping on the floor, and their marked benefits definitely make one take notice. I convinced Chris to try it out for the first few weeks in our new house.

Hours of nonstop painting, scrubbing, lifting boxes and other physical labour for 3 days straight, we went to sleep each night in agony, especially laying down on a hard floor. Waking up, we were as limber as kittens and painfree, even broken muscles. I hurt my back lifting Saturday night, and woke up great.

If you suffering from any kind of body pain, give it a try. The family I mentioned even made wooden beds to make their rooms look "normal" but we won't be doing that, despite hubby's protests that people will think we're "weird" (the least of our worries!! Ha!). One of the best parts? A kingsize (or larger) bedspace for free!!!

Something to keep in mind is that sleeping on the floor IS an adjustment.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Sleeping on the Floor

Post by davisherm » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Our homeopathic doctor actually recommended this for my back pain and insomnia. He also suggested a traditional futon mattress, the one that's basically cloth - just put that on floor with no box spring or anything. I have to say that it works incredibly well.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Sleeping on the Floor

Post by Dark Waters » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:23 am

Have you considered Japanese Style Beds

Otherwise a futon stle bed could also work and is also used in many oriental homes and are folded into a closet during the day.

I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.