Hay fever

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Hay fever

Post by white_harmony » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:06 pm

Just wondering if any of you know any natural remedies for hay fever? Spring has been upon us here in Oz for about 4 weeks now ... And my hay fever has been so much worse than usual (I suppose the 2 days of dust storms hasn't helped me much either ugh). I don't mind using normal chemist bought medicines for it, but I figured there is probably something out there of the natural variety lol.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Hay fever

Post by Max » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:57 am

This is a long term thing rather than a quick fix - I hear if you eat local honey (or at least from your country) it lessens the effects over time because you get 'used' to the pollen.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:56 am

I'd heard that before also. It's a case of like curing like.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:07 pm

Interesting. Haven't heard that before. I'll have to go out and find me some honey next time I'm out at the shops lol. I'll give anything a go to be honest ... And considering this is something that will have a long term effect ... All the better I say! I would be much happier without this nonsense everyday that's for sure lol

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:38 am

The only thing I have for right now other than bee pollen is if your sinuses are blocked due to the allergies, alternate pressing between your eyebrows and pressing your tongue against the roof of your mouth. This wiggles a loose bone in your skull which in turn will dislodge blockages in your sinuses and allow them to drain.

Hope none of you were eating breakfast :badgrin:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:42 pm

lol Fortunately, breakfast time is over here .... Just :lol:

But I'll give it a go. It's only first thing of a morning that it's really really bad. Just so sick of waking up every morning all stuffed up ... Then spending the next 3 hours dealing with the sniffles and constant nose blowing.

And the great (NOT!) news is ... We are apparently in for another dust storm this weekend. I tell ya what ... This is the weirdest weather we have ever had (our city never gets dusts storms, so 3 in the space of a month is kinda weird), so it could be that it is contributing to making it so bad this year for me. Arcanum, who is usually worse than me, seems to be just fine and dandy! Wish I knew his secret lol But we are hitting the shops tomorrow to shop for all the novelty paraphernalia that will be needed for my hens night (I can't remember what you lot call it up your end of the world ... Bride-to-be's last night out with the girls?) so I'll be adding the honey to the shopping list for sure. I stopped eating honey for a while, but I don't know why exactly. So, time to get back into it! lol

Thanks so much for the tips guys! :-D

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 pm

white_harmony wrote:we are hitting the shops tomorrow to shop for all the novelty paraphernalia that will be needed for my hens night (I can't remember what you lot call it up your end of the world ... Bride-to-be's last night out with the girls
Stagette ^__^ I had mine on Saturday. We went to the spa and were pampered like crazy, then had sushi and I swear to the gods that I looked exactly like Jessica Rabbit the way we dressed (in our finest!), and went into the pool after closing hours and leisured in the hot tub. Then, the six of us played a game called "Dirty Minds" and crashed on my friend's kingsize bed in our undies. Best night ever ^__^

What have you planned for your Hen's Night?

I love that our weddings are so close together!

Good luck with the storm! A girlfriend of mine and her daughter are visiting her other daughter in your area. Here's hoping the dust stays where it's supposed to!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:00 pm

I've always heard them called "Bachelorette Parties."

In my neck of the woods, most times, the Maid (Matron) of Honor plans with the Best Man to have the Bachelor and Bachelorette parties on the same night so that the Wife-to-be can't give the Groom-to-be grief over his drunken stupidity...though I know some families who do the Bachelor party while the woman is having her bridal shower. Sort of a "what she don't know can't hurt us." sort of idea.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:47 am

We're having a cocktail night .. And since it's been so hot, we've decided that it probably won't be beside the pool .. More likely it'll be cocktails in the pool lol. Usually, the maid/matron of honour would organise it here as well, but I'll be honest, mine ... While she is an old and dear friend, she doesn't have an organised bone in her body whatsoever ... And isn't exactly reliable. So one of my other bridesmaids and I decided on a theme, and since I have more spare time than the other girls lately, I designed the menu and invites myself. I am however leaving it up to them to work out games and what not between themselves lol. I have enough to organise as it is :-D But all in all, looks like it will a really fun night. Looking forward to catching up with alot of friends on that night and just having fun. Arcanums bucks night is on the same night .. However, since he's like me and we're not big on going out to clubs and drinking ourselves stupid like some do on their hens/bucks nights .. He is organising with his best man to do a golfing afternoon on the same day. Going out on the Saturday afternoon, play 9 holes, then back to a restaurant for dinner, followed by drinks lol. So all in all, should be a nice, relaxing yet fun day/night lol :-D And if you see any embarrassing photos thrown up on facebook, I'll swear black and blue it really wasn't me :lol:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Hope you enjoy it!

I never actually got one... I still swear that I'll have to have a "belated" one eventually. 8-)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:32 pm

white_harmony wrote:Usually, the maid/matron of honour would organise it here as well, but I'll be honest, mine ... While she is an old and dear friend, she doesn't have an organised bone in her body whatsoever ... And isn't exactly reliable.
Same here. My girlfriend is a kind of "Plan it, said plan falls through, freak out, everything works out better than dreamed of at the LAST minute" kind of person. The good part is, she creates miracles on a regular basis. The bad part, you're left biting your nails an hour before everyone is supposed to meet, and no one knows where.

It sounds like a great night you'll be having!

How's the hay fever coming? Or, hopefully, going?
Crazy Healer Lady

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:03 am

lol Mine doesn't even have the brief miracle .. Like ever. So that's why I very carefully pried out the hens night organisation from her ... Did 99% of it, and left her to do that last little bit so she doesn't feel like she's being left out or something ... Lord knows what, cause she's one of those ... Extremely volatile temperament kinda people. But since her Aunt is now getting married this weekend in fact, she's been busy helping out with that, so she hasn't noticed all the little things that I've just done instead of waiting on her to eventually get around to it ... I'm patient ... To a point lol. When I get screwed around too often, I just take the lead, it's far easier lol

Kitsune - IF .. and it's a big if at the moment, but we're trying ... IF Arcanum and I get to Canada next year .. I say we dump the boys and you Canadian lasses and I can go out with your friends and give you that belated gals night :-D

CHL - My hay fever is feeling much much much better lately. That neat little trick you told me about is FANTASTIC! I love it so much .. It makes breathing so much easier. We had another dust storm today, however very very brief, and hardly anything to it, so here's hoping I wake up sinus-problem-and-eye-problem free tomorrow morning! :-D

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:50 am

If you do, we'll try to get CHL up here as well, cause that would be an excellent night!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:25 pm

.. and it's a big if at the moment, but we're trying ... IF Arcanum and I get to Canada next year .. I say we dump the boys and you Canadian lasses and I can go out with your friends and give you that belated gals night

Gasp...happy dance \:D/ , that would be the coolest thing ever!!!!!!!! If you come all the way from australia and head out west there must be some excuse I can find to go west again. Of course you would probably fly through Toronto, after all it is the centre of Canada :-" Although I think australia tends to go through Vancouver...anyway, glad you are feeling better!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:58 am

Willow wrote:Although I think australia tends to go through Vancouver...
Nice 8-) I'm feeling pretty happy about that!
Kitsune wrote:f you do, we'll try to get CHL up here as well, cause that would be an excellent night!
Sounds great! Although, NO BUS this time for me! Chris wants to be there my first time in a plane, so I better get my friend busy so she can take us up in hers before then!
Crazy Healer Lady