Review of crystal-based deodorant

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
Max
Level 11
Level 11

Review of crystal-based deodorant

Post by Max » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:09 am

I'm not sure if I can name the specific brand, but there are a few deodorants who use natural mineral salts instead of aluminium products.

It is not an antiperspirant so it doesn't stop sweating. I need to wear clothing that is more loose on warmer days.
It doesn't last all day. On more stressful work days, after about 6 hours you will need to wash and reapply.
It was most successful when I applied after a shower and waited until it dried before putting my clothes on.

It does stop odour, but it is strange getting used to sweating again. It works, even on warm days.
Hope this helps any one who wants to make a start on using more natural products. Little steps first!
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Review of crystal-based deodorant

Post by white_harmony » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:28 am

I have used them before, and still do on occasion (usually in summer, we have killer heat down here >.<). It is really good. Love it :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:17 am

I actually switched from an antiperspirant to deodorant as well. I use the JASON brand apricot stuff. It's also all natural. It's pretty good although only works for about half my day.

If I'm doing anything other than general office work, like yard work or something it works considerably less and a shower is indicated. Although anybody who's been doing yardwork in the summer should take a shower by default.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:22 am

I'd second that hehe. That Jason product looks like it smells nice from the ingredients. I'm enjoying the switch over to more natural products, it's quite fun going shopping and trying new things out.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde