Chemo

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Chemo

Post by Lotus » Wed May 27, 2009 2:55 pm

As most of you know, my mother is undergoing Chemo therapy. I would like some suggestions to pass on to her to help her with this process. The only thing that I can come up with to help her is green tea with honey.
Right now she is so very weak that she is even undergoing physical therapy to help her walk. A combination of dehydration and malnutrition along with Chemo is really knocking her back. To boot, soon she will have surgery on her Cataract.

Any ideas would be great to pass on! :-D

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Chemo

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Green smoothies, in sips, if she isn't too nauseous. Blend up her favourite fruit with greens and water. I always do about 1 apple + 1 banana (or 2 bananas), 1-2 cups packed greens (spinach, lettuce, kale, chard, etc. Start with spinach and/or lettuce), 1-2 cups water depending on the consistency I like for the day, and at that point you can add cinnamon or whatever spices you like. Ginger is great for nausea.

What this will do is give her much needed energy and vitamins. Double X vits from Nutrilite have helped a number of women in our organization who have gone through chemo. Lots and lots of water, as well, is really important.

Blessings to her! Check everything with the doc first.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG