Oil Pulling

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Oil Pulling

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:39 am

Hi, all! I would like to inform you about a healing technique called Oil Pulling.

It is said to strengthen gums, whiten teeth, stop or reverse tooth decay, help to "fix" loose teeth in the mouth, as well as to help other issues in the body, such as excema/psoriasis, allergies, sinus troubles, organ problems, etc.

The technique requires you take a tablespoon (no more) of sunflower seed oil in the mouth (on an empty stomach) and swish this around for 10-20 minutes, or until the solution is white (if it's still yellow, it's too soon). Then you spit it out, and brush your teeth, or clean your mouth well. During this time, you are not to swallow the oil, but if you swallow a tiny bit, no worries. The reason you are asked not to swallow it is, theoretically, the oil has become toxic, as it is pulling toxins from your body (hence the name "Oil Pulling"). You are asked to do this in the morning on an empty stomach before your meal, and up to three times per day depending on if you are healing a chronic condition. I have heard scores of testimonies from friends and hundreds online. It is not harmful in any way to the mouth, teeth, or body. It's just oil!

So I decided to try it. 5/7 mornings this week I have oil pulled, and wouldn't you know it, my teeth are a few shades whiter, and my body has initiated a cleanse (first time in many months that I've had blemishes!). My gums are raising (something I've been working on for a year now, as my gums had begun to recede due to over brushing), and they feel healthier/stronger.

Thought I would share a remarkably simple, easy, harmless healing method. It's too soon yet for me to notice long-term benefits, but I like what I am seeing so far ;) Apparently you can use any oil, but sunflower and sesame oil have the best results. I was originally using grapeseed oil, but have switched to sunflower oil. Both are almost tasteless.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG