Exercise Balls for ADD/ADHD

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Exercise Balls for ADD/ADHD

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:49 am

Hi there!

With recent troubles with my back (hey! I'm workin' on it! Healer Lady WILL heal it!) I was going a bit mad at work. Every single chair that they had - and they are good chairs, too - hurt my back and made me very uncomfortable, something that was really only unbearable these last few months. I was consistently squirmy and in pain. Then a coworker suggested using an exercise ball in place of a chair. Well, my back is feeling much better (when I'm not stressed with my job and scrunched up by the screen trying to fix the urgent problem that may/may not involve police, ambulances, etc), but with an unexpected bonus.

I have far too much energy, and a desk job is horrible for that. I didn't realize how fidgety I was, until, using the ball (named Bally. That's creative marketing for you) allowed me to stretch, and move around, using a lot of my energy, and I noticed that at the end of the day I am much calmer, much more at peace, and I am not fidgeting with the phone cords or other things. (By the way, I'm not like this usually, so far as I know, just at work because of the high stress and no avenue to expell the energy.) The nurse I work with always laughs, because I'm rolling on it so much I've almost fallen a few times, in the middle of calls.

I was wondering, if anyone on this forum has ADD or ADHD, would a ball help? At work, at home studying? Would anyone volunteer to be a guinea pig to try it out for a few weeks and report on this thread with the results?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Re: Exercise Balls for ADD/ADHD

Post by Willow » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:51 am

I have ADHD and a ball is a wonderful thing. However, it only is one measure if you are someone who fidgets. I have a timer that I work too and I generally take a 5 minute break every 45 minutes to break up the day, and I very rarely work on one thing for a long time.

I find it also helps to have play-doh around,I fiddle with it while thinking.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

raventears
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Exercise Balls for ADD/ADHD

Post by raventears » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:08 am

i have adhd also and that sounds fun i like playing with my friend and it helps

ps hamsters rule
jack skellington is my husband