I have the flu

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
auramoonsongs
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Capricorn

I have the flu

Post by auramoonsongs » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:54 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows anyway to make the symptoms of flu not so mad as I hve the flu really bad and I feel really shit, sorry for my language.

aura
blessed be

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:49 pm

Hmmmm. Chamomile is good and calming. Really soothing. Ginger is GREAT for upset stomachs and sore throats, and general "ickiness." Peppermint is uplifting and great for the throat. All taken as teas.

Don't you hate it when something happens and people tell you should have done? "Thanks. A little late now." Well, I'm sorry :( A great preventative is echinacea, and eating lots of garlic.

A friend of mine's dad swears that if the moment he feels sick he drinks a cup of orange juice with a bunch of fresh garlic mixed in (I think a whole BULB) he doesn't get sick. Garlic is wonderful. Anything with vitamin C is great for colds and helping you heal. How about Old Dutch BBQ chips? They have LOTS of vitamin E and help you heal. Plus they taste good ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:42 pm

Those are all good tips CHL

Honey lemon tea always works for me, stay really really hydrated as well.

There have also been a bunch of studies done that show that chicken soup is great for you (If you eat meat), if you don't miso soup and vegetable soup with an onion broth are the next best things. I'll post some recipes

Hope you feel better soon.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:58 pm

Sleep, just sleep....
A week ago I was coming down with the flu, I slept 15 hrs a day.....it took me 3 days, but my body had regained enough strength to fight it off. (that and a load of Orange juice :lol: )

Blessings
/|\

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:54 pm

Eucalyptus oil in a nice hot, steamy bath will really help open your head up, and honey is a good natural remedy for a cough/sore throat as it coats your throat. Also tastes good! I found this out when I had my horse. Apparently horse owners have used it for their horses for quite some time. My horse loved the honey so much he would occasionally fake cough just to get some more. :lol:
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:31 pm

Willow: MMmmmmmmmmm miso.....

Morgana: Little Bu**ers! Don't they just know how to pull a fast one on ya ;)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:20 pm

LOL, a honey lovin horse

My horse Dandy onc sneaked a sandwich out of my packpack,Saran wrap and all, sat there chewing on it like a cow.

I love those animals.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:53 pm

My Friend Growing up had a Horse named Duke, his was Cherry Pie, you would have it on a disposable pie plate and be out and turn your head away and he would gobble it up like there was no tomorrow.

I can't wait till I get land and get my own horse, I'm so looking forward to it, I have the horse planned out on what breed I'm gonna get, but For some odd reason I have a feeling the Gods will throw one at me that I don't really want but I will take because I'm a softy,

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:28 am

Start popping Vitamin C like your life depended on it. My pharmacy friend tells me that you can take 2500mg a day when you're sick, but when you're feeling better cut back to 1000mg a day tops, lest you develop kidney stones.

Drink LOTS of water, sleep a lot, drink hot chocolates with marshmallows and watch cartoons in your pyjamas all day. (It worked when you were a kid, didn't it?)

Eucalyptus is good for clearing nose and sinuses. Buy some really soft tissues scented with it.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:47 pm

Garlic, Bah!

Everything I eat has garlic in it and I still get sick. :lol:

Mind you, I'm just snarky about it because on monday we had a workmate come in with a serious cold, and Bronchitis, and now he's given it to me.

Sore throat, and yesterday and tuesday was feeling dizzy even when I just sitting down.

Grrrr. I hate being sick, and if I stay home wrapped up in covers tomorrow, that'll be two days this month. And my boss is a bitch, who takes all sick days off of our checks even though we're on Salary!

Grrrr. New job time. Fortunately, I can still look while I work here.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:12 am

I made garlic butter the other day, but it didn't work :-( I think I'm too far gone though!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men