Skinny Witches

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
fatale
Level 3
Level 3

Skinny Witches

Post by fatale » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:30 pm

Alright - as you might know from another post, I had a baby this summer. Happy! Very Happy!

Now - how can I get back in shape, look like I did before. I know how to diet and I even work out, but is there a special thing you do, to stay in good shape, certain herbs that make yummy tea that miraculously slims me down to my highschool size? I'd like to fit in my old clothes again. I like to eat and starvation diet is not an option. I'm still about 20 lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight and I don't know how many inches away from fitting in my old jeans. (Luckily my robes are big as tents - at least I can do magic in style ;) )

Maybe some of you have a similar problem. If so, let's support each other in our quest to get back to a healthy weight.

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:41 am

Oh Hunny, I hope you don't take this wrong and you never know for you it might be true but after having a baby your body won't be the same, Your hips are too big now and you won't get back into those jeans, I don't want to discourage you, As long as you eat healthy and exercise you'll be fine and maybe loose some weight, Breast feeding also helps you take off a few pounds.

I had 2 kids and I am now a size 16 I was a size 8 before I had kids, And I've been happy about it, I don'tlook at my body as gross or fat, well ok I am fat, But I look at me as vulumtious.(sp) I have spent many years being miserable over my weight (thanks to my mom) I was in Weight Watchers at the age of 12 cause I was too fat. But I learned after I had my baby girl I am who I am and I loose weight and gain weight I always have eaten healthy but I don't have the energy to exersise anymore, and so I say to everyone If you don't like me as I am then Go away.

I Am sending you blessings that you loose the weight if you give the ok, But Don't make yourself miserable over your weight, it really is not worth it, I know you eat healthy and so do I, but like you I love food. :hug: Good Luck

SageWolf

P.S. I hope I didn't sound like I was putting you down, I was in all that just stating don't make yourself miserable trying to loose the weight.
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:07 pm

On the other hand... It's nice to think you look good, so long as you're doing it for you.

And since I'm overweight, and comfortable with that fact, I still don't mind admiting that I certainly wouldn't mind losing some weight. So bring on the herb teas, and miracle (natural) drugs, and loose some weight. I'll support anyone so long as we're talking about an equal share sort of thing. :lol:

Heck it's about time we girls started not only being comfortable being overweight, but can also want to look good without thinking of ourselves as being vain.

(Not that I'm saying that anyone here is likely to do that... Just that some of my friends have that problem)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:45 pm

If you do your homework and make sure you're getting all the nutrients you need...

RAW VEGANISM.

O___O

I started it for health. Pimples, stretch marks, body odour, excess weight, all gone. It took 6 days for the pimples and body odour, and about a month for the others. I was fluctuating between 125 and 135lbs at 5'6", and I'd eat everything (that was vegan and/or mostly raw) and I'm a steady 115lbs. Make sure you get your b12, and I cannot say enough how wonderful soy milk is!!!

The Hallelujah Diet is something to check into. People go into it to heal themselves of cancer, diabetes, arthritis, everything, and they do, just with this diet. It's amazing. Filter out the Baptist preacher cr*p, and it's even better.

Ahhhhhh kay now time to get off my high horse. But, seriously, if I know anything will work, it is this.

www.rawfoodtalk.com/forum/index.php? is a good forum to check out if you want some inspirational stories and KILLER recipes!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:43 pm

I too would like to lose a few pounds however, I know what my problems are.
Personally, my body likes lots of movement and dislikes anything fried.
So, my conclusion is that it depends on your personal chemistry and what your body actually needs.
My answer is movement and moderation.

Not to knock CHL's methods that work for her at all but, the whole vegan raw diet would not be entirely good for me. I (my body) does not digest raw foods well and I'd be perpetually hungry. My tummy does not produce enough acid to digest unbroken down food (I also have to sometimes add vinegar or some other acid to digest something).

There is a trend now where you pick and choose foods based upon your blood type, body type, body chemistry. Certain people it is "ok" to eat certain things whereas other foods are not good for others.
For example, since I am type O positive blood then I should avoid heavy breads and artificial sugars.
There are even diets depending on your zodiac. Since I am an aries with my Jupiter sign in gemini....tomatoes, apricots, almonds, curries and yellow foods are really good for me.

Find what works for you by listening to your body.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:39 pm

WELL SAID!!!

Always do what is right for your body. What is right for mine may not be right for yours.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:38 am

lotus an excersise for you might be yoga or slow swimming, usually a body has to be trained to enjoy activity, and those are great places to start.

If anyone does decide to go vegan it is possible tofeel full it just means a lot of protien from penuts, beans and tofu!

Also, there are some great weight loss sights out there. A google search works but you have to give yourslef time to searcht hrought he crap.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:41 am

If anyone does decide to go vegan it is possible tofeel full it just means a lot of protien from penuts, beans and tofu!
And, after a while, even those are too heavy... at least for me. I really have to limit my tofu, beans, & nut intake. However, I adore soy milk. Eating mostly raw veggies, fruits, grains, etc, you feel really light, as if you could turn into wind. Cheesy description, I know, but everyone I talk to, including myelf, their body just sings.

"Great, she's on the raw vegan shpeel again"
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:34 am

Oh yeah, your body totally adapts. It has been a few years since i went vegetarian, if I were to try and eat a steak now I would feel like I had swallowed a brick.

I am addicted to chocolate soymilk, not so much the plain stuff. I still drink milk and eat eggs (although those are starting to get to be too heavy too).
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:53 pm

Okay. How do you guys find these pages? I would love to find out what works best for my body, but just seem to be really bad at it. The only thing I really seem to like is Fruit & Cheese. How do you get a healthy diet out of that? I don't like meat, but I like Chicken enough that I can't go vegan. I'm not fond of Veggies, except things like Cucumber and broccoli with dip. How do you make healthy dips that aren't fattening?

*Throws hands up in frustration*

It's enough to make a girl want to give up and eat nothing but cake.

:oops: Sorry everybody. I'm just having a bad period. Anyone know anything that will take care of some cramps and mood swings beyond fruit and hot chocolate. I hate feeling out of sorts. :-?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:37 pm

Do you ever use Guacamole, Baba Ganouj or Hummous as a dip?

There is also sweet potatoe dip and garlic dip. Any of those sound good?
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:13 pm

Anything with Garlic in it can't be bad... ;)

Yes, that sounds awesome. Perhaps we should be sharing some fat free recipes in the recipe section. I have a few that I certainly wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks for ignoring the outburst. :oops: I really am feeling much more myself today.

Unfortunately, I won't be "back to normal" for a few more days, but I'm still looking forward to it.

:-D

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:08 am

I will post some recipes in the other section later. I know the best thing for my cramps is a hot water bottle (although I think there may be an entire thread dedicated to that somewhere in this forum)

I am not saying anything here to judge, just lettting you know what worked for me. But growing up I hated a lot of veggies, so every month I try one that I know I hated as a kid or I make myself find a new recipe for an old veggie and try that. Doing this, the only veggies I can't seem to get into are rapinni and culiflower, and I still make myself try those sometimes. And I now even like beets, I always hated beets before.

The thing is no dip is low fat, you can do things to reduce the fat but most of them have a mayonaise, milk, oil, cream or starch base. I know some healthier ones but try eating veggies and noticing how much dip you put on them, I found that over time I could slowly reduce the amount without losing all the yummy dipness.

Another thing is how they are cooked. Boiled veggies are gross, plain and simple. Try grilling them on the BBQ and eating them with pesto and goat cheese on bread. Or in the oven. Steaming is also a wonmderful thing. Also a lot of ethnic food such as Indian or mexican food has veggies prepared in really neat ways.

As for chicken, eating chicken is fine as long as you remove the skin and bake it, grill it or poach it (which is really good if you do it in a tomatoe sauce). No frying chicken and avoid putting tons of sauce on it. So all in all Kitsune, you are doing ok!

Anyway, I wll dig up some veggieliscious recipes! And some mildly healthy dips too post!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:32 pm

I was actually never big on raw veggies or fruits. I ate a lot of grains, quite too many, and not too healthy ones (heavily processed, etc). When I started eating raw veggies, zomg, my tastebuds seemed to clear! A carrot is sweet and delicious. Cauliflower is rich with complex tastes. I find I rarely need a sauce or dip. I used to make giant salads out of the greens in my garden (no head lettuces! Little nutritional value), toss in some crushed almonds and sultanas, maybe a diced apple, and YUM! I have a huge sweet tooth, though. Now, I'm not so into that. I have this great balsamic vinagrette that I would just dip romaine lettuce in and chomp. I don't know why that was so satisfying.

I have some recipes for dips. You can make them healthy (still fattening, but oils help you absorb nutrients) by using soaked nuts (almonds, cashews, etc), blending with herbs and spices, and mowing down.

http://www.yourlifesource.com/saladdressing7.html
http://www.yourlifesource.com/drinks5.html
http://www.hacres.com/recipes/recipes.asp
Crazy Healer Lady

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:33 am

See I love Veggies, I went vegatatian once and stayed that way for sevral years, but I just one day got a craving for steak and baked potatoe, so I ate it, and now I'm no longer a veg. I Love all kinda of raw veggies, but I don't like Lima beans :cry: I can't stand them, I won't even buy them. I've traveled alot in my life and I have found that people in different places make different things, I have tried them all, My favorite is Stuffed Ham from Maryland, I have been trying and trying to find that recipe for ages, but I can't find it, it is stuffed with Kale and other things and it is AWESOME.

Trying new things is sometimes scary but i've never been afraid to try new things and I've gotten my kids to not be afraid to try them.

If you try the Veg Diet I recommend variety, that way you won't get tired of the same ole same ole.

I've never tried tofu but I've always wanted too, I love Veggie sandwiches with bean sprouts and mustard on them. Weird I know but something in the mustard brings out the flavor..

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know