Reusable Stuff

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
lunaria
Level 5
Level 5

Post by lunaria » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:11 am

Yeah, why strawberries? Aren't they a fruit?
Hey look... I got a new icon....

So what if its Sailor Moon again? *shifty eyes*

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:55 pm

:oops: At first I wasn't sure, but I think I am slightly allergic. I never did like strawberries anyway (except straight from our garden).
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:19 pm

Chocolate? But...chocolate is a fruit, I swear! Lol, I could never give up the chocolate!
"Love like you've never been hurt."

lunaria
Level 5
Level 5

Post by lunaria » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:01 pm

So then I can drink a chocolate milkshake and say it is a fruit smoothie? Oh, heck yes! :-D
Hey look... I got a new icon....

So what if its Sailor Moon again? *shifty eyes*

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:12 pm

Ok, I cannot believe I am going to ask but *shakes head*......
Reuseable menstal thingies.....do you, um, ah insert them?
If so, then I would have to say: *ewew* gross. You are opening yourself up to so much bacteria...heck they tell you to clean your make-up brushes after every use and to dispose of them every 6 months.....and these do not go, um......well, you get the point.
If you actuall read the directions on a box of tampons then they tell you that *if* you did not ah, use it correctly to even throw it out (even if it did not hit the floor). [-X
As for diapers, my friend tried to use this method and she found that she is still costing the same $ and doing the same amount of damage to the environment. Here is why: all the times you have to wash it (wasting water) and all the detergent (pollution) outweighs the landfill thing. Plus, the cloth diapers leak like crazy and not practical out in public.
The hanky thing is really not a big deal.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:37 am

There are a few reusable products, cloth pads are worn just like regular pads and you wash them after you use them.

There is the Diva cup or the keeper (one is latex and one is not) that are cups worn internally that hold the liquid rather than absorbing it, as often as you need you empty and wash them. (Great for camping).

There are sea sponges which are worn like a tampon which you take out and wash. Let dry and reinsert.

As for dirt getting down there, tampon companies make their money convincing us a period is dirty and something to be embarrassed about. I won't go into detail because of G-rated rules but think of the schematics of intercourse, do people shower and scrub down every time before they copulate? Your body has a natural cleaning systems, studies are beginning to show that people who are too sterile are actually more likely to get sick.

As for disposable vs. reusable diapers, I have heard good and bad things about both. Like I said, it is an individual choice, but I just don't like thinking of one as grosser than another.

I love how varied the opinions are on this site. It makes me eager to check it every day. =D>
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:00 am

Willow wrote: I love how varied the opinions are on this site. It makes me eager to check it every day. =D>
Me too - and I also like the fact that this is the only site where we can have a discussion in which we disagree with each other and NOT get our panties in a knot over it and start flaming each other.

I wonder? Is getting panties in a knot unsanitary? :lol:
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:08 am

depends on the location of the knot :oops: :lol:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:40 am

My 2 cents...

I've never liked the idea of the menstal thing. But then, mine's never been in anyway stable. It's never been a by the clock sort of thing, the only constant being that I don't get pains, and that it's always at least a full month between cycles.

But apparently I'm just weird that way... :oops:

Anyways, to the point, I've thought about the sponges, but I always end up sticking with flushable tampons. Simply for convienance. It's hard to get stuff shipped to you when you don't have a credit card, and I haven't been able to find anywhere in Calgary that sells them.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:57 am

See, I've never been a fan of tampons (they make me feel very ill), and so the sponge idea is unappealing to me, and not just because I wonder about how ethical it is to harvest them. Willow is right, though. Our bodies keep us clean. You'd have to take it out just like tampons to prevent bacteria growing and getting TSS, but they can be washed and sanitized.

The Diva Cup sounds great, though. And the pads too.

And you're right. It's great not to get into a big fight about differing opinions :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:52 am

Its so awesome that we do not flame :-D

I hate wearing pads :roll: :oops: I have more issues with them since they move around too much for me #-o This is why I use tampons but, I sort of use them as you would a pad. This is because I had a bad experience getting drunk and forgeting to remove said item from my body. Thus far (although rather embarassing) seems to be the best method for me.
The sponge thing does not seem like a good idea to me since sponges are brittle. Sea sponges are living creatures and I'd have issue with the harvesting too.
I think that it has been hit on the nail...gotta use what is best for you.
Know thyself. :roll: :lol:

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:15 am

Know thyself intimately :lol:
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)