Giving Birth

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
fatale
Level 3
Level 3

Giving Birth

Post by fatale » Mon May 08, 2006 7:07 am

I am pregnant and my baby is due on July 16. We are very excited to welcome our third daughter. My first two children were born completely natural, no anesthesia, no epidural, no c-section. This was not a conscious decision, but just plain luck. I didn't need any medical assistance and I also was not very concerned about the "ethics" behind this decision.

Now I'm thinking about getting some pain relief this time, but I was wondering if the pagan/wicca religion has a standing point on this one.

Thank you

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon May 08, 2006 10:26 am

I am not sure there is an official stance. Personally I would say listen to your body. But there are a few healers kicking around here who might say different or know better.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Firelord

Post by Firelord » Mon May 08, 2006 5:15 pm

Supposedly, it gets easier each time. If you didn't need and pain relief the first two times, why subject your body to this your third time? You'll be much healthier and feel much better sooner without the pain relief.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 09, 2006 9:01 am

Listen to your body, I think. I'd say have some kickin' around just in case. The health of the mother and child are of the utmost importance, and preferably there would be a birth where, bing bam boom, it's born, no stress, no strain. The fact is that there is no reason for any human being to go through pain in something they cannot control (say, birth and the dying process vs burning hand on a stove or in a fire). The medicine people of ancient times used to know how to give nearly painless births, and maybe this is what you need to check into. There are many safe herbal supplements to take (always check with doctor!!!), and one thing you may consider is energy therapy.

There are many women who have given quick, easy, nearly painless births with the help of Reiki. Try getting weekly or bi-weekly treatments until you have your child, and, if things can be arranged (say, especially, if you have a friend in Reiki who will not charge), during the labour (she/he would be at your head/shoulders at the actual pushing time, and various other places like your back or hips during the rest, most likely).

I say, if you want pain control, do it. Less stress on you and the baby. BUT, if you want to do it with minimal help from Western Medicine's drugs, there are many gentle and effective treatments out there.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

fatale
Level 3
Level 3

Post by fatale » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:24 am

Our third daughter was born on July 10 by c-section. I could not find a Dr. in my area willing to deliver a breeched baby. (my oldest daughter was breeched and I delivered naturally - but that was in Germany, where lawsuits are not that big of a problem)

Thank you very much for the input regarding my question. Obviously, I had an epidural for the surgery.
Compared c-section and natural delivery - c- section is easier and faster, still, if I could choose, I'd always choose natural delivery.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:46 am

Congratulations on the new addition to your family!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:28 pm

Congrats!!!! :hug:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:26 pm

:-D OHHHH BABIES! =D> I just LOOOOVE me some babies!!!
Congradulations! [-o< I hope you are wel.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:20 pm

Congrats on da baby,

And I am glad you are safe as well.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Wbdsgnr1

Post by Wbdsgnr1 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:57 am

My daughter was breech and born by an emergency C-section on November 15th, 2005.
It wasn't exactly the birth I was planning for, and thank god for the spinal and the demerol (spelling?) but Im just glad shes happy and healthy and so am I. Altho a c-section does have a longer recovery time then natural delivery.

Congrats on the baby.

fatale
Level 3
Level 3

Post by fatale » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:43 am

Wbdsgnr1 wrote:My daughter was breech and born by an emergency C-section on November 15th, 2005.
It wasn't exactly the birth I was planning for, and thank god for the spinal and the demerol (spelling?) but Im just glad shes happy and healthy and so am I. Altho a c-section does have a longer recovery time then natural delivery.

Congrats on the baby.
Congrats to your baby too. Her first b-day is coming up! They grow way too fast. (I can not believe my oldest starts highschool next year! :eek: )
Do you plan on having more kids?

I hated the way demerol made me feel - I guess it was great for the pain, but it made me feel like I was completely out of control, my head was like a fluffy cloud! My parents were here (from Germany) and the last few days of their visit, I couldn't even have a conversation with them, because I was totally drugged up.

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:50 am

First of all Congrats on the Babies Both of you, I love children, They are sweet as can be, I am no longer able to have children and I enovy those who can. My sister Had her Baby on the 4th of July and it was a little Girl. We caller her our little Firecracker :lol: She actaully kicked my sister so hard it broke her water :lol: But they did a c section on her and she had no contractions. I'm alittle upset about that it just didn't seem fair, she needed to feel that pain first but ah well such is life isn't it.

I had my children all natural, I did get some demerol on my son but it made me so sick I think I threw it all up. I know I still had some in my system My son was alittle stoned,when he was born, it took awhile for the drug to wear off and I decided I didn't like that in my kids so I did the next labor and delivery natural.

Breech babies can be turned around if the dr's try, but from what I hear it's very painful to the mother and not really a recommended procedure because of the pain.

If you ever decide to have another child I would recommend that you research about herbal remadies and modern medicne first and then choose there, the doctors will help you as well if he is an informed Dr.

On a side note, did you know that if you are selling Herbal Remedies and saying it will help heal this that the FBI or whatnot can come into and arrest you for practicing Medicine without a liscense? So if you are selling herbals and saying it has healing properties I advise you to be careful and see about getting an herbal liscense.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know