Soy Milk, Not Cow's Milk!

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Soy Milk, Not Cow's Milk!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:55 am

Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:53 am

I love that debate...humans just seem to change things no matter where we go.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kathyj
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Leo

Re:

Post by Kathyj » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:29 pm

silver spider wrote
Minuse the cow's milk, that's fine! However we must eat intelligently. For example, don't eat beef day in and day out. Stick to a low-fat diet. If you know how to eat SAFELY, you can skip fat altogether, but make sure you know! I'd recommend spinach, onions, celery, tofu, and beans anytime for veggies. For fruits, I'd say pears and apples are good fruits. Avoid chocolate! (Chocolate is for another topic.)

I hope I've cleared a few things. [-o<[/quote]

Personally I prefer goats milk to cow's but I do drink them both, but as far as I am aware certain kinds of fats are essential in our diets. I would be interested to know any research you have by actual nutritionists that backs up your claims. As for as what was said in a earlier post about humans being the only animals who choose to drink milk from another species, my dogs chickens pigs and cats seem to slurp it up as fast as I can pour it out, but maybe I misunderstood what was meant by that statement.

I am a like mind with several other posters on this topic, moderation is the key to diet and about every other facet of living. BB Kat

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:26 pm

Kathyj wrote:I would be interested to know any research you have by actual nutritionists that backs up your claims.
Silverspider has long since left, actually just a little before I came along. By the reputation he has by the original folk, it's a very good thing. (Just so you know why he/she won't respond...)

I'm amazed that such an old topic still keeps going!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:02 am

Silverspider never backed up their absolute claims with any evidence beyond what they presented in the initial post. They never gave the studies or source to their information. And they were convinced that they knew the absolute truth. If your opinion differed, they attempted to cram theirs down your throat.

There's a topic they started about color and magical meanings that I disagreed with them on...and it deteriorated into an argument about absolute truth. They refused to admit that what is an absolute for one person is not as cut-and-dried for another. It was actually so bad that they got warnings from the mods for their attitude.

Like CHL said, they left.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kathyj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Kathyj » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:42 am

Oh ok now I know and "knowing is half the battle" ........Still like goat's milk,lol BB Kat

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:53 pm

I've never tried goat's milk. What does it taste like?

The only problem with being vegan is that I want to know what all these exotic (or domestic) things taste like. I'm dying of curiosity about human. Pun not intended. O_O
Crazy Healer Lady

Kathyj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Kathyj » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:29 am

Goat milk can be really good and sweet like fresh cows milk, or it can be horrible, don't try the kind found in the supermarket...not good.
It has to be processed in a clean envirment and filtered and chilled quickly. The reputation for bad taste is due to not processing correctly or allowing that stinky buck around the does, as it tends to absorb outside flavors quickly.
At present I don't have goats but since we moved to more acreage they are definatly going to be an addition to my menagerie. *****Kat wonders of thinking of custards, puddings ,and homemade yogurt ,farmers cheese ......ummmmmmmm!******

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: I'm dying of curiosity about human. Pun not intended. O_O

Humans taste like ham. Do not ask me how I know....long story.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:23 am

Well now my interest is piqued...

but that makes sense, apparently you can use pig parts to replace some human parts and we are fairly similar genetically.

Has anyone ever seen that far side cartoon where the cow is eating a steak and saying "Interesting...I'd say we actually taste a little like chicken." That is what this turn in the conversation just brought to mind.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

unicornvr
Level 1
Level 1

Post by unicornvr » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:36 am

<<If you know how to eat SAFELY, you can skip fat altogether>> snip

Even though this has apparently been negated, just want to mention that you cannot go without eating any fat. You would not absorb your fat soluble vitamins properly without the fat in your diet!

Aside from this, were you talking about human meat or human milk? I'm sure someone has tasted human milk before - that remembers it!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:18 am

You're absolutely right. Fat is *very* necessary for the human body. We take it for granted now because we have it in abundance, but in the old days they knew how important it was. Your brain cannot function without. However, there is a difference between good fat and bad. Avocados and olive oil, for example, are wonderful fat for your body. Deep fried chicken skin, however, is not.

I've never tasted human milk in my life. I was not breast fed. However, I recently watched a creepy video on Youtube about a mother breastfeeding her kids - one stopped by her own choice at five, and the other is eight and still breastfeeding. O____O I... uh... huh? This is CHL confused because I'm severely creeped out, and yet all for whatever someone chooses... eh.... I'm going to hide now.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:10 pm

If that creeped you out, Crazy, you should take a look at this site...

http://www.news4jax.com/news/17539627/detail.html

It's a news article detailing PETA's latest request, a letter sent to Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc, asking them to use Human Breast Milk instead of Cow's milk in their Ice Cream... Thereby saving thousands of Cows and their babies distress! After all, according to them, "the Breast is the Best!" ](*,) ](*,) #-o #-o

Personally, I'm not fond of milk to begin with, but the idea of women lining up in hard times to sell their breast milk to these people for "national consumption" just makes me ill. It's just not nessesary. [-(
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:13 pm

LOL!!! I'm not creeped out by that! In fact, it's hilarious!! I'm pretty sure PETA is just doing that to show the sadistic nature of the whole thing. However, they are crazy...

See, the breastfeeding at 8 creeped me out because the kids are totally obsessed with breasts. And seeing it... uh... OK with babies and toddlers, it's adorable, and gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. Again, not saying it's wrong, just... creepy.
Crazy Healer Lady

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:36 am

I know someone somewhere tried to make a cheese out of human breast milk and reported that it was horrible and brie-like.

I could go on my anti-PETA tirade.....*tempting* I would argue that humans are not organic fed free range creatures. I would also argue that humans are often treated with hormones, anti-biotics, or other chemicals. Their milk would be unsafe for consumption.
:lol:
BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.