Soy Milk, Not Cow's Milk!

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
Ragnar

Re: Soy Milk, Not Cow's Milk!

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:57 am

O gee. The things ou thought had died a peaceful death.

ALL milk is bad for you.

99% of people that die have drunk milk, or consumed a milk based product within the previous 24 hours!

THAT makes milk drinking the MOST dangerous pursuit on earth.

Hel the life expectancy of a lone U.S Marine, in full dress ones, throwing pig entrails at people in the Baghdad market, whilst whistling "The battle hymn of the Republic", is better than that.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:24 am

:lol:
Indeed - and 80% of those have had a vegetable or vegetable-based bi-product in the last 48 hrs!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:52 am

So, NO cauliflower cheese!!!

unicornvr
Level 1
Level 1

Post by unicornvr » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:30 pm

So - anybody up for a game of "who can actually validate their facts and statistics through research with references?"

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Count me out - I am enjoying pulling statistics out of my foot.

Did you know that 95% of accidents in the home involve home-owners?

or that cats are 56% likely to prefer raw mouse over kibble?

or that Pagan-based internet forums are 70 times more likely to welcome their new members with jokes about no more mead, sitting by a hearth, and bar-tales?
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:33 pm

unicornvr wrote:So - anybody up for a game of "who can actually validate their facts and statistics through research with references?"
Easy.

When was the last time you had a milk based product?

I would bet a frog to a used paper hanky that it was within the last 24 hours.

Same for every one that has not got a milk allagy.

Theory proved. No need to pay researchers millions to tell you.

(Why can I not spell allegy this morning?)

unicornvr
Level 1
Level 1

Post by unicornvr » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:47 pm

I'm strongly against advertising a "one diet fits all" for people. What works for you may NOT work for your neighbor. Particularly advertising soy as an acceptable alternative, which it is definitely NOT to some people. Check here, and here, and here as well. You advertise something that could be just as harmful as you're claiming cow milk to be.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:59 pm

As I said a few posts ago, they're saying soy is actually pretty bad for you.

I still like it ^_^ and put it in most of my smoothies. When I go raw again, I'll be making my own almond and grain milks again. Mmmmmmm!

Speaking of which, I'm about to start reading a book called The China Study. If you're into this sort of thing, Unicornvr, I'd recommend it along. I've had no shortage of people telling me I need to read it - and I will be in a week or so. I can't give a review as of yet, though.
Crazy Healer Lady

unicornvr
Level 1
Level 1

Post by unicornvr » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:34 pm

I will look into it! Diet is a cool topic.

Though I'm pretty sure a lot of our "diet" problems also arise from our painfully sedentary lifestyles. I think people could eat higher amounts of calories from whatever source if they keep pretty active. Perhaps the book addresses this though - will find out soon enough ;-)

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:40 pm

Whoa... I'd say she had brain freeze because at least ONCE... once before I was thirteen I drank a half gallon of milk and not once was I sick. (It wasn't non-fat either. I cannot stand non-fat or low-fat milk, it's like coloured water to me...) Soy milk, eh, notsobad. But I still much prefer to have my milk. Goat's milk is rich stuff, mmm. My sister got some when she got her goats and although you'd have to get used to the taste that stuff is like milkshakes to me, just a teensy bit of sugar and chocolate. (Chocolate discussion below.)

I was thinking once... the only time we naturally need milk is as babies, but cow's milk is not naturally in our diets. (As of the last 200-300+ years, I'd say maybe it is.) But that doesn't mean EVERYONE should just drop the carton...

That's like telling me that I can never have Ben and Jerry's ever again. Poo-pooey.

Soda has carbonation in it - Not natural.
Preservatives in meat and veggies, fruits... Not natural.
Pure sugars (I.E. - candy and sugar.)- Not natural.
Pure salts and fats- Not natural.
Eggs... (Okay, who got the bright idea to eat something that came out of a chickie's poop hole?!)

And to the one comment about being able to eat meat raw - NO we can't, but that's what I know. Our stomach acid isn't strong enough to digest the bacteria and kill it off, therefore, eating raw meat subjects us to deadly bacteria.

Chocolate...
Chocolate, like coffee, tea, alcohols and other such things... are what I consider true 'luxury' foods. I've heard TONS of stuff about chocolate and acne, but nobody mentions that both coffee and chocolate have much the same stuff, as do chocolate and milk. And people who strictly oppose eating chocolate for caffeine/fat will drink two cups of coffee with milk? And the myth that chocolate has more caffeine than coffee... one bar of milk chocolate Hershey's versus a cup of coffee with 1/4 cup milk. Coffee has something like 8x the caffeine. (Drank/eaten in moderation, chocolate and dairy should NOT affect your skin... And also, look for quality chocolates. If you don't have to eat the wax/fillers they put it in that candy bar, DON'T.) In fact, dark chocolate has less sugar and has anti-oxidants. (Think Lipton iced tea...) And with coffee, come non-dairy coffee creamers. There's one brand that leaves a 'grime' in my cups... that cannot be too healthy.

While we're at it, more food for thought... SUGAR is definitely worse for you than milk ever has been, will be, or is as of right now. So why do we still eat tons of it a year? It tastes good. (As do salts and fats.)
I can only eat dark chocolate because I have pain in my molars from sugar*. I was thinking after that, when I ate certain foods, I could almost tell by how much pain the amount of sugar in the food. Or the salts and fats too... More sugar = More pain. So how do I avoid pain? Avoid sugar... problem is, 60% of ALL the food I eat has tons of sugars in it, to make it taste good.

To say, 'Everyone give up milk!' is a bit crazy, IMHO... but why is it only milk you protest? Milk isn't the leading reason why Americans have, on average, chubbier kids... It's all this super-processed, preservative-filled, sugar and salt coated stuff that we eat. Milk is actually one of the HEALTHIEST foods I see now... #-o

(*No cavities - The dentist replaced a filling on the one side that was originally painful. Since then both sides hurt, but they told me and my mother there's nothing else they can do.)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:35 pm

Beer, at least its a serving of grain...a much more palatable drink with breakfast.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:35 pm

The interesting thing is, if you consume 11tsp refined sugar, your immune system is shot for 3 hrs. That's one can of soda, or a piece of rich cake. Take into account the energy drinks and other sweets people eat/drink, and your immune system is shot for the day. No wonder we get sick. Creepiness factor is that most white sugar is made from the charcoal of animal bones. I don't know why, but that completely makes me shake, even when I ate meat.

White flour: OK, as a kid, what did you use to make glue? White flour and water. Eat that stuff, and it's doing the same thing in your colon. No wonder we can't detoxify nor absorb the nutrients from our food properly.

Caffeine... meh. I don't have an opinion on it. I don't eat or drink anything with caffeine in it, not even green/white/black tea, but that's a personal choice. My only beef with caffeine is that it is addictive to many people, and a stimulant, which, in my mind, has got to be wearing something out. However, as my boyfriend often states, sometimes you have to give your innards a good workout.

Given that most people eat red meat, carbs, refined sugar and flour, few veggies, and sit on their butts all day, it's no wonder the state of the Western world. I feel it has less to do with meat and milk than people not eating proper veggies, especially greens.

However, I also believe that if we'd stop pump all our foods, especially meats and milks with pesticides, hormones, salt, and other junk, we'd be able to eat milks and meats with far less trouble ](*,)
Crazy Healer Lady

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:22 pm

unicornvr wrote:I will look into it! Diet is a cool topic.
fascinating....I am sure.

Eat when your hungry, and drink when your dry, thats all you need to know (EXCEPT MILK!!!) the rest is all B.S with no scientific basis.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:05 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: Given that most people eat red meat, carbs, refined sugar and flour, few veggies, and sit on their butts all day, it's no wonder the state of the Western world. I feel it has less to do with meat and milk than people not eating proper veggies, especially greens.
Ha, you just reminded me of a friend of mine. The guy would not eat anything green. Granted, I have not seen him for years but I have always wondered (with his diet) how he managed to live.
Never have I seen him eat or drink anything even remotely healthy.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:34 pm

Get this, an article that I just found on Digg.com

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7519459.stm
A regular diet of even modest amounts of food containing soy may halve sperm concentrations, suggest scientists.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!