Soy Milk, Not Cow's Milk!

Health, nutrition, medicine, & healing.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Re: Soy Milk, Not Cow's Milk!

Post by Willow » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:36 am

Ahhhh Peta...People eating Tasty Animals.

I sometimes get lumped in with them because I am a vegetarian, not cool at all. I don't do extremism well at all.

I find the breasmilk thing creepy too, I think up to two years I could be comfortable, but I think it would start creeping me out when my baby asks for it.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:53 am

Ha ha ha, awesome, Lotus! I like anti-PETA rants.

You know, that *is* a very good point about humans often treated with hormones, antibiotics, etc. In fact, not that long ago, they discovered that breast milk is polluted due to all the stuff we put in out bodies, the air, etc.

I am getting a good laugh from imagining "free-range" humans, though ;) I think that's something that was left out of A Modest Proposal...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

unicornvr
Level 1
Level 1

Post by unicornvr » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:15 pm

The difference between treating humans and cows is that cow feed and chicken feed often has antibiotics in it for regular use. They don't use antibiotics to treat illness, they use it to prevent illness. This leads to creation of superbacteria which is highly undesirable. Also, some humans are sensitive to hormones, so these ones would at least like the option of having their meat/milk untreated. I like to see farms making the switch to more humane practices, which often coincide with the more organic aspects.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:37 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:
I am getting a good laugh from imagining "free-range" humans, though ;) I think that's something that was left out of A Modest Proposal...
Since the babies are being eaten then it would be a waste to not use the milk. :roll:

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:44 am

Muhahahahaha

I am glad there are other people out there with a dark sense of humour.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)