Protect Your Avatars

Virii, Trojans, hoaxes, oh my!
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Protect Your Avatars

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:07 am

Hey all! I just would like to make you aware of something that has affected a number of people as of late: Picture theft. I belong to a forum dedicated to raw food and healing, and there are many Before and After photos. What's been happening is fraudulent businesses are stealing these photos and adding them into their sites to promote their products with false testimony.

HERE
and HERE is where I was first advised of the issue. Right now, I'm only aware of before and afters being stolen, but just to let you know, it's a good idea to watermark any pictures you put online.

Protect your avatars - and be careful when investing in a product!! So many testimonies are false.

Just an FYI

Much love from the Crazy Healer Lady
-Jess
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Protect Your Avatars

Post by runewulf » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:10 pm

You're right about the amount of false testimonies that are out on the web... I tend to take the approach of always trying to verify with outside sources... i.e. do some searches for opinions and reviews and read them on boards (BBSes, like this one), in new groups, etc.

Someone once told me "trust but verify"... as I've aged and lived life, I have turned it around and more often than not approach is as "verify, then trust"... but hey, maybe I've just gotten cynical, lol.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com