Norfolk pine

For all with green thumbs and a few stray weeds out there...
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Norfolk pine

Post by Lotus » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:30 am

I got one of these pines around Yule and have kept it alive until recently.

Even though I can tolerate 80*F with reasonable comfort, this poor little pine cannot. *frowns* Most of its branches are curled and dying.
It took me too much time to figure out what the problem was since most sources say that the symptoms are caused by not misting or watering the tree enough. After careful reading I realized it was way too warm in my home….again being that I was comfortable I did not realize there was a temperature problem. I have pruned away the dead branches (as sources on-line have told me to). I fear pruning too many of the branches even though partially dead since it may be the kiss of death.
I have been misting it with water regularly and there is new growth on the very top of the tree.
I have turned on my air conditioner due to being vetoed by both my SO and Mr. Tree.

I was hoping if anyone knew how I can save it from dying. Maybe it is too late. *frowns again*

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:49 am

Do you have a basement? I would think if it's too hot upstairs, it might be tolerable for it down there.

Don't know, I've never tried to grow one of those.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:25 pm

Not enough light there for anything to grow.

I am thinking that turing on the air conditioner will do the trick. Its just that I am not an air conditioner person.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.