Bamboo Plant

For all with green thumbs and a few stray weeds out there...
morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Bamboo Plant

Post by morgana » Wed May 09, 2007 2:44 pm

Ok so today while I was at the store buying my mom her Mother's Day gift, I decided to buy a baby bamboo plant for myself. It came with instructions on how to care for it, but it doesn't tell you how to get it to grow in a spiral. Mine came with 5 little stalks, and I'd like to grow one of them in a spiral to wrap around the other 4, the way you see them in pre-potted, bigger bamboo plants sometimes. The only problem is, I don't know how they do that. Would anyone happen to know how to make them grow that way? Any help and suggestions would be appreciated!
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu May 10, 2007 2:37 pm

Oh gee... I found this!
It’s easy for you to make a spiral from your lovely bamboo. Bamboo is growing and aligning towards the light. All you have to do is to turn around regular the vase where it’s put.
http://www.flowersgrowing.com/bamboo/
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

aikenjones
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Bamboo Plant

Post by aikenjones » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:59 pm

Make sure the bamboo is exposed to the right amount of sunlight. Too much direct, bright sunlight will make most varieties of bamboo too hot and will stunt growth.