Miracle Plant Food

For all with green thumbs and a few stray weeds out there...
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Miracle Plant Food

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:31 pm

I have found the miracle plant food!!!!

I went to a friend's home and was amazed at their aloe plants... Full, healthy, and with about 100 leaves. Not exaggerating, either. He told me his secret: He puts the aloe leaves in a blender with water, adds it to more water, and waters them.
I tried it with my own. I am amazed at how healthy they are after just one dose! I have about 4 new tendrils after one watering, about a week later! And, they don't seem to mind over-watering with this stuff. It's crazy.
Just wanted to share ^^ makes all other plants super healthy, too ^^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:55 am

Interesting... but I wonder, if you feed a plant back it's own leaves is that self-cannibalism? :-D

Another really great fertilizer for plants is the water from either a betta's bowl or a clawed frogs bowl - when you change the water each week, save the old stuff for the plants.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:50 am

:lol: everyone says it is cannibalism. I suppose so. :P

That's a good idea about the Betta/frog water!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:22 pm

The real question is, and I know this is going to be bad and punny, but:

Will you end up with Mad Aloe Disease ?

heh heh

hey, it's 3:30 am and I'm still up, lol.

wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is VERY funny to me right now!!
Crazy Healer Lady

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Re: WOW

Post by MettaPax » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:22 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:I have found the miracle plant food!!!!

I went to a friend's home and was amazed at their aloe plants... Full, healthy, and with about 100 leaves. Not exaggerating, either. He told me his secret: He puts the aloe leaves in a blender with water, adds it to more water, and waters them.
I tried it with my own. I am amazed at how healthy they are after just one dose! I have about 4 new tendrils after one watering, about a week later! And, they don't seem to mind over-watering with this stuff. It's crazy.
Just wanted to share ^^ makes all other plants super healthy, too ^^
So, wait, when you say "makes all other plants healthy too" do you mean just the aloe mix to any plant or the specific plant mix from the specific plant you are watering? :-k
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

xAutumn_Leafx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xAutumn_Leafx » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:41 pm

A trick I learned from my Native American Grandma is to keep a bucket full of broken egg shells (instead of throwing them in the trash) and pour water over the shells, let it soak for an hour or two (she would sometimes soak it overnight) and water you plants with that. The water sucks up the nutrients from the inside of the shell.

I've never actually tried it myself, but I remember Grandma cutting her tomato plants down with an axe.
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration." ~ Claude Monet

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." ~Carl Jung

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm

Ah yes the eggshell trick really works well. We use it. Very good. We also make what my mother affectionately calls "Rose Tea..." meaning horse maneur in a plastic garbage can filled with water sitting for months... The roses (and our garden) LOVE IT!!

And to MettaPax: The aloe mixture to any plant :) Very good!
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:11 am

eggsehlls work, it is similar to having a compost and using that in your posts...so many yummy nutrients.

On a more metaphysyical level, I have heard that rose quartz can help plants grow.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:11 am

Really, I'll have to try that stone thing. I recently bought a jack pine bonsai kit. I was going to ask for some advice. The instructions on how to grow it suggested letting the seeds soak in water for 24 hours and then putting them in the fridge for 7 days... something about "cold stratification". Does anyone know what that is? And if you don't have an Aloe plant, how would you make this miracle leaf grow stuff? Thanks...
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:25 pm

Just as some seeds won't grow unless exposed to extreme heat (such as after a forest fire), some won't grow except when exposed to cold. It's a strange thing Mother Earth has done :-)

Well, let's see... I suppose any juicy, mild plant can be used. Roses and rose leaves, perhaps? GRASS!!! YES! that hasn't been exposed to chemicals. Say, if you grew barley. Barley juice! If you look at the wonders it does for us, what would it do, diluted, to plants??
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:59 am

Thanks, I will give that a try... Perhaps I'll try some of the "wheat" weeds that grow everywhere in Calgary... :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:05 am

Wheat Weeds? :-? :weedman: :-k

Maybe that means a different thing there?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:34 pm

Different thing. Here, wheat is so common that we actually have wheat that grows out the sidewalks and grassy type places. It's a lot smaller than the farmers stuff, but I put that off to being grown in the city under unsupervised conditions...

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:56 pm

Wow, that is pretty crazy, I just thought of that because my roommate just found a huge marijuana plant in his Mom
s backyard, just growing on their christmas tree farm, crazy eh?

I am now gettingmemories of driving through calgary and seeing tall yellow grass on the side of the road and my grandma saying, "look, saskatchewan in thirty seconds."
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)