Looking in Upstate New York

Looking for people in your area? Events in your area? Post it here.
twosoul
Level 1
Level 1

Looking in Upstate New York

Post by twosoul » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Hello everyone.

I am looking for a trusted, legitimate psychic/pegan/etc spiritual teacher, someone who has some knowledge of entities, spirits, and other beings most human eyes cannot see. I am only self taught from my various occult problems over the years, and I have no formal religion. If anyone can help, or recommend someone who can help me, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Looking in Upstate New York

Post by davisherm » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:36 pm

I found my way much as you have, issue by issue and consider myself to still be a student. I'm solitary at present and certainly not up to being a teacher, but I'm willing to share what I know.

Although depending on where in upstate you are, you might want to check out http://www.witchvox.com/vn/gr/usny_gra.html and see if there's any local groups that meet your needs. There's a few north of Albany - some in Saratoga, one in the 'Adirondacks' but from their website they appear to be in the Glens Falls Area. There's one listed in Ballston Spa.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

twosoul
Level 1
Level 1

Post by twosoul » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Thank you so much for replying! I feel lost and confused about everything... no one I have found can help me as of yet...

I am in the Rochester area, so Albany is quite far. I'll still check out the link, and I am so thankful for any help you'd give me. :)

Edit: Wow... more to that list than I thought. o.o

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:33 pm

I suppose you could also check out Covenspace, where you could read the blogs and whatnot of people from your area before you go meet them...

It might be something to think of at least.

Also, some really good advice and help can be found in Covenspace and Forums like this one. Just take the answers you get with a grain of salt and common sense.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews