Canapagadians

Looking for people in your area? Events in your area? Post it here.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:21 pm

Oi, the west seems to be taking over, both in politics and in the pagan library!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:20 pm

It is a creative area, Western Canada. Though I profess I have not travelled anywhere else, I am amazed at the works of art and music that have been born in these areas, the number of artists, and think it sensible that the creative force and Paganism, which celebrates the creative force, should be widespread though we have our own bible belts and Fundies, and the Coles bookstore in the city which I work (where there is a church on every corner) does not even dare to have a metaphysical section!

Though how they find their way here... lol ;)

Welcome, Terri! You're up near where my family is. Tell us a bit about yourself in the Newbie section!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:51 am

Really? Like coles needs to worry about losing money though, they are owned by chapters. It;s like the walmart of books, they can do almost whatever they want.

I agree though, we have some great artists from out there. I think it is in the land, look at Emily Carr, a few good canoe trips changed her life.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:56 am

Well, in a bible belt town, in the mall where the old Mennonites go to spend their time... Their religious section is new, though, and is mostly new bibles.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG