Local Shamanic Practitioners and Reiki Masters in ...

Looking for people in your area? Events in your area? Post it here.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:20 am

Best to look in any new age-y magazines, in the yellow pages, or online. Check around metaphysical shops and spas. (By the way Reiki isn't new-age-y it was rediscovered in the 1800's.)

For treatments the cheapest I have seen is $35 for 30 minutes, $65 for an hour. I charge $25 for 30 minutes to 45, and $45 for anything over that (first treatments are usually about 80 minutes, so it is an automatic $45). I've seen treatments go as much as $125/session.

To learn it, again, the cheapest I've seen in $70 for levels I and another $7- for II, and Masters $300. Usually it is about $120 and up for level I, and it can be around $600-$700 normally for Masters, or, if you want to go back to Takata's ways, you can pay $10,000 for level II.

It is all about finding the Master you feel good about, regardless of price. You can see if you can work something out, like give free treatments for a few weeks or months if she knocks a few bucks off the price. (Level I's traditionally do not charge, btw).

I hope this helps.

----------------

On the note of Kundalini
I was thinking that I must learn what the Kundalini feels like, as was mentioned in previous posts. Guess what my friend called me to last night? Osho Zen Meditation, free. I went, and it was a Kundalini meditation. There were no "feel it up your spine" things. It was active meditation! We stood in a dark room, eyes closed, and danced like wild monkeys!! Not trying to be monkeys, but just moving and shaking the way our energy needed to move. It was so amazing. I went all-out, because I cannot do anything half. I must do it all and do it right or not at all. So, 15 minutes shaking, 15 minutes dancing, 15 minutes standing still, 15 minutes laying down.
Craziness came up when we stood still. Past life, crazy crazy, I could not breathe.
When we layed down, where the base of my spine touched the floor there was this intense intense vibration. Not heat, but vibration. (I feel energetic heat and cold weird anyway.) I think this was it. It didn't feel like the microcosmic orbit. It felt alive and like a completely separate entity.

So, now I know what it feels like. Hurray! Thanks, Spirit!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:02 pm

Im a no charge worker myself. My Ra-Sheeba Master put it quite simply - its a gift to be shared, not profited from. Just a pity that there are those in the community that over charge something shocking. There is one woman who works a few hours south of where I live that will charge like $AU 5,000 just for lvl 1 and 2. In my opinion thats just ridiculous.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:12 pm

Sadly, high prices are claimed "justified" by Usui's experience in the slums of Kyoto. It's insane. People appreciate healing JUST AS MUCH if it's affordable!!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:53 am

yeah, but that's Kyoto, not America. and it's the slums, too. people are gonna be a little bit on the antsy side. deal with it.

btw =D> =D> =D> CONGRATULATIONS, CHL!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> i'm happy for you! was it fun?

if ever i learn it, i would probably only charge what was necessary to cover the cost of tools used, plus, like $5-$10 to keep me happy...
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:11 am

yeah, but that's Kyoto, not America. and it's the slums, too. people are gonna be a little bit on the antsy side. deal with it.

btw CONGRATULATIONS, CHL!!!!!!! i'm happy for you! was it fun?

if ever i learn it, i would probably only charge what was necessary to cover the cost of tools used, plus, like $5-$10 to keep me happy...
Many many Practitioners in the States. The thing was that the crippled that made their living off of begging were upset that Usui had healed them because now they had to get a rea job, and Usui was disillusioned and angry to see the same faces returning in the slums.

Yay thanks ^___^ It was August 20, but I'm still excited and happy. I love students. I really really love teaching this stuff.

Mmmm no tools necessary except a massage table and your own hands. $300+ for the table + whatever you were charged for the attunements.

It is good that you would not charge much. It definately should be a free gift to the world, but people gotta make a living somehow. ;) Unfortunately we're not in the days where the healer/Medicine Person would be fully supported by the community they healed, so I gotsta charge. (I would love to go back to those days... *sigh*)
Crazy Healer Lady

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:46 pm

you know, some people (although i wouldn't suggest doing this in the city) just tell people to pay them what they think they deserve.

in a big city, you could get burned seriously. #-o
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:04 am

Yes you can seriously get burned.

I've already been confronted with people who expect - DEMAND - treatments for nearly nothing, not because they deserve it, but because I'm white and because I'm white I owe them something. :evil: :evil: :evil:

*pant pant*

If you don't have a set price, you can easily get burned anywhere, boonies or city.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:20 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:I've already been confronted with people who expect - DEMAND - treatments for nearly nothing, not because they deserve it, but because I'm white and because I'm white I owe them something. :evil: :evil: :evil:
What?! Ughh..... Got to love reverse racism
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:25 pm

It's not reverse. It is racism plain and simple. The fact that people that look like me generations ago destroyed their culture has no weight for me. I did not do it. I support their activities and love their way of life. But because I am white, they call me a stupid whitey. If I were to call them names - which I would not because I feel that degredation of a race or culture is immature and morally (and spiritually) wrong - I would be in the hospital, or find my car in pieces.

Many people do not care to hear that their beef is with the Xians who created the school/prisons to wipe out their language and culture. Our culture has suffered just as much, for far longer, and, I think, more barbarically and violently, in many cases.

But this is not about who got it worse or who is to blame for what. If we are to move on as a spiritually enlightened society - which many cultures claim that only they have the key for - it is time to put away childishness and learn to get along, to forgive and honour eachother.

*sigh* I'm tired now.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:54 pm

I agree all peoples need to move on and seek some form of enlightenment. That is the only way peace can be attained. Not endless wars
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:02 am

god bless america... #-o

but back on topic, CHL, now that you're a master, can you TEACH reiki?

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:21 pm

Of course she can lol. Thats why they make us wait till they pin "master" on us to be allowed to teach. :-D

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:44 pm

Yep yep yep sure can ^____^ LOVE teaching!!
Crazy Healer Lady

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:25 am

We still have to sit down one of these days and arrange a swapping of masters degrees my dear lol. I'll get in and mail all the funky materials that we use when I have a spare moment, cause Im sure the last emailing didnt work properly lol.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:21 am

YES! Definately!

When we both are not swamped! :lol:
Crazy Healer Lady