Local Shamanic Practitioners and Reiki Masters in ...

Looking for people in your area? Events in your area? Post it here.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Local Shamanic Practitioners and Reiki Masters in ...

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:52 pm

Hello
I am looking for Shamanic Practitioners and Reiki Masters in the Lower Mainland area of BC Canada - Either in Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Mission, Agassiz, Maple Ridge... even so far away as Vancouver. (Looking for a Reiki Master to give me my Masters for not an extravagent price.) I am very much into Shamanism but what I have learned is from my Guides and from books. :smt110 :smt087 I feel at this time I need advice and guidance from someone with real flesh... ha ha. Or just someone to talk to on Messenger, or to email, or something. It has become a lonely path :smt009
-CHL
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:08 pm

Well now I don't need my Reiki Masters, and I feel at this time things are really getting underway, and I need less human guidance than just socialization and the knowledge that there are others like me. My Guides have taught me (and are still teaching me) and I feel that I can finally just get my business and my life and purpose in gear.

Good luck to all with finding someone in your area!!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:44 am

hey,

if you really wanted to get your Reiki masters, there's an online college (with a live chat with all the students during a study period) called "College of the Sacred Mists"

google it. i can't remember the url... :oops:

anyway, as far as i know, it's pretty cheap and i think you can get 2 years of tuition for less than $200...as far as i know...

i could be wrong
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:44 pm

She has her Reiki Masters Artemissed. And hopefully, when we can organise it, she'll also have her Ra-Sheeba Masters :-D

CHL - as soon as I have time, ill pop on msn and have a chat with you.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:02 pm

That's right, madam, and I offer courses now *does a happy dance*

I, heh heh, should have updated this :oops:

I may also get Kundalini Reiki Masters, if my friend suddenly turns into a white light guy instead of a creepy guy with crazy darkness welling inside of him *shudders*
Crazy Healer Lady

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:58 am

Oh him ... I remember you telling me bout him. He's a tad ... strange I guess is the word. I hope all works out with him lol. Any more funky happenings with him lately?

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:41 pm

Haven't heard from him in months.

I'm thinking I'll never get the attunement, because I've heard nothing but warnings about this. I know you don't mess with the Kundalini, but I just cannot seem to get enough information about this "form" of Reiki to make a decision if I would possibly get it or not.
Crazy Healer Lady

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:37 pm

Hmmm ... :-k Lemme have a look around and see what I can find :-D Turns out digging up info is something I'm good at :lol: lol

Kelreth
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Kelreth » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:35 pm

why not touch the Kundalini? a book i have has a written out mediation to do to correct Kundalini rushes and imbalances.
i am prone to free association. Basically whatever i think i type, so sorry if things get really erratic...

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:29 pm

Oh my god I'm going to rip my hair out

I had a looooong reply but when I tried to post it, PL went crazy and no one could open PL.

Kundalini is dangerous to awaken early because it breaks through blockages on its way up the spine. These are not normal blockages, but deep psychological blockages that create a crisis if the overlaying blocks are not taken away first and everything is dealt with in a gentle manner. Many suicides are the cause of this, I believe.

The thing is, though, that I can feel my major and minor chakras, meridians, hara, microcosmic orbit (the same as meridians but these are the big two), and the 7 major energy bodies (8 and 9 are beyong my experience at this time), but I CANNOT feel or see the kundalini!! I don't know what it is. Maybe it's still curled at my coccyx or something. Maybe I should meditate on it.

http://www.kundalinireiki.com

This is a site I have found. It does not give adequate info and claims that KR1 is the same as Usui 1, 2 & 3, which is a load of horse maneur. Even if it were true, it would be outright saying that KR is a perfect way to make you go crazy and have a healing crisis and wind up in a psych ward. There should be weeks and/or months between attunements (I recommend 3 months at least between 1 & 2, and at LEAST 6 months to get Masters, although years would be preferable, but people seem to be ready early as time goes on).

If you check out the pictures of the attunements, it's scary, actually.

http://www.reiki-for-holistic-health.co ... ening.html

This is another site I have found. Read through, if you will. Explains kundalini and KR a little better, but still claiming it is better than Usui. :evil: This is what I hate about Reiki sometimes. Some people are manipulative and money-hungry and take everything to competition. Two Reiki practitioners next door to eachother are not in competition with eachother.

One one hand I really want to check this out and get the attunement and go to higher places, but on the other I am taking good care of myself and my energy bodies and reaching high places on my own, and I don't want to encorporate something that would harm it.
Crazy Healer Lady

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:19 pm

Too true. I had my Usui level 1 done nearly 7 years ago now, and was quite content to stay right there, in fact I haven't gone beyond Usui 1. When I did the attunements into Ra-Sheeba, it was recommended no less than 2 weeks between 1 and 2, and then we had a couple of months between 2 and 3. Was well worth the wait believe me. The energy that is involved in Ra-Sheeba is alot different to Reiki, and takes a lot longer to get used to. The same can be said for Kundalini. Reiki is an energy awakening that grows with you over time, and never comes all at once. From what I understand of Kundalini, it is a huge shock to the system, and (as CHL said) could cause alot of problems in the short term, although it can work them out long term.
Crazy Healer Lady wrote:These are not normal blockages, but deep psychological blockages that create a crisis if the overlaying blocks are not taken away first and everything is dealt with in a gentle manner.
This is also true. If one tried to break down a blockage (of any kind really) in a hurry withouth worrying about the consequences, or does not give the time of day to sorting through what has caused the blockages, it is so serverly damaging its not funny. I have seen people try it, its not pretty. I had a kinesiologist work with me on some blockages in my back (we all know that the back is the "storage" system of the body, aye?), it was not just one session, one problem fixed, all done, see you later ... it took many sessions just to work out one problem, otherwise the emotional crap that is stored behind the issue can cause horrific damage to the body in a way that some people find unimaginable. And thus, things must be done gently.

Sorry if I rambled on there ... #-o

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm

No rambling there. You explained it very well.

I forgot to mention that if you awaken the Kundalini without proper preparation and guidance, it's like waking a wild serpent that thrashes about hissing and biting instead of gently rising as if charmed. And how do you put it back to sleep, or calm it down, without getting bitten? I think messing with the Kundalini is like messing with any totem or wild animal. You come up on it and try too much too fast, you get the ___ beat out of you, but if you come up slowly and with respect (and yes, gentle, slow motions are a gift of respect), then you can become friends with it and learn from eachother and reach higher states and possibly enlightenment. You may even have spontaneous Samadhi (but you could potentially get that from an almond, now, couldn't you). The idea of Samadhi has always intrigued me. Anyways...

I think I'm going to be learning about the Kundalini more. I'm re-reading my old books from when I started on this path years ago. Gods, it seems like lifetimes. I even started to read the bible this afternoon, because I was looking at my grandmother's small statue of Jesus with a small drawer underneath for her rosary, wondering if Jesus was how the bible portrays him or closer to what I feel he could have been. (I'm not turning Xian, but finding myself honouring these religions and their inherant truths, whether they are corrupted by popes and pastors, translation, and violence or not. I am finding myself examining the Xian religion, what it was meant to be in the first place. Was Jesus really preaching about hellfire? Or was he talking about the hell that we experience in separation from the Divine and in loathing of our fellow man? Was he talking about Heaven as a place in the clouds or the ecstasy of Samadhi?)

Will end tangent now.
Crazy Healer Lady

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:43 am

White Harmony (a while ago) wrote:She has her Reiki Masters Artemissed.
oh, my bad. =D>

anyway, so what is reiki? i know you put up the sights and everything, but what IS it? is it like massage? or am i just being stupid...? and why does all this stuff happen to your body? is it because you remember all this stuff you stuffed to the back of your mind, or rather, your back? how can one learn reiki? i have a lot of questions...

should i have just asked you in a PM?
Treat every new person you meet as if they will be an important influence on you later (you know, love thy neighbor?)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:02 am

anyway, so what is reiki? i know you put up the sights and everything, but what IS it? is it like massage? or am i just being stupid...? and why does all this stuff happen to your body? is it because you remember all this stuff you stuffed to the back of your mind, or rather, your back? how can one learn reiki? i have a lot of questions...

should i have just asked you in a PM?
I am glad it's out in the open so next time people ask I can refer them to this conversation :lol: ;)

Reiki is a Japanese energy healing technique, a "laying on of hands." Reiki, meaning "Universal Energy," is channelled through the Practitioner and to the client in order to heal. Reiki can do no harm, and the effects can be dramatic (my mom is nearly cured of back pain after years of this and only a week of intensive treatment and her own morning meditation and intentions of healing), or they can be subtle (you feel difference. Relaxed).

I suppose it's like a massage, but it's for your energy system :lol: 8-) You don't actually have to touch the body, but various hand positions are used.

It can be beneficial for nearly all types of disease and dysfunction, from cancer to an upset stomach, from headaches to wound care.

During a treatment you lie face-up on the massage table. I start at the head and move down to the feet, at which point I ask you to turn over and start at the head again.

Any more questions?
Crazy Healer Lady

Artemisblessed
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Artemisblessed » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:09 am

actually, yeah. where can I learn it? i'm intreagued...

besides, my mom has cancer and she's in a lot of pain a lot of the time, so i wanted to help. oh, yeah, and how much, on average, does it cost? i'm more than a little bit broke... :cry: