Leather Runes

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.

Do you think Runes made out of Leather work well?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:47 am

Yes
38%
Maybe
38%
Not really
No votes
Sometimes
No votes
Other (Comment, Please)
25%

Total votes: 8

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Leather Runes

Post by Kystar » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:55 pm

DW - the branches from the storm tree are currently drying in my shop, so they're not workable yet. Though, I'll be going through them soon to see what's to the point of being workable soon. As soon as I kick this cold that's plaguing me, that is! Don't want to spend a few hours in a dusty, damp garage kicking up sawdust until my lungs aren't trying to work around excess mucus.

Thanks for the compliments on the pendants...they'll be officially listed sometime in the upcoming week. I'm adjusting Shipping policies currently.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Well get better first - that is what's important - they will be ready in their own time and no need to rush - I was just curious is all.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:54 pm

:D

I'm working on that first, that whole getting better thing. I usually get one solid cold a winter, and mine hit early this year. :\

And I agree, the wands will come about when they're ready! Working tools are great like that.

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:16 am

Hey Kystar, your runes are fab!
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Thanks.

Though Norse Runes and I don't get along as far as divination and workings go, apparently, I have an...how did a friend put it?...even and steady hand for carving/burning them. Don't ask me, I don't understand it. I just run with it. Can't use them, but can make them? Whateves. :roll:

They should be up on my Etsy store no later than Friday, I've lost the hemp cord that I was stringing them on...GAH! ](*,)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:15 am

Hey, gang, I'm popping up here to say that my Leather Rune Pendants are up and available on Etsy!

http://www.phoenixwynd.etsy.com

Also, shipping is now open to Canada! Well, for the pendants at least. :\

I'm sorry to those in other parts of the world, I'm still figuring out how shipping to other countries works, so I'm going in baby steps.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Kystar they are beautiful!!!!! Amazing job! I'm sharing this will all my Pagan friends
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks, CHL!

Free advertising is always nice.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Nice! Can I ask a question though?

Why do you have your wands labelled as "Costume Jewellry" and then down a line say "This is not a Toy". Legal reasons or are you trying to be confusing? :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:22 am

That's for legal reasons...those wands aren't working "Blessed" wands...I haven't had the shop cleansed to do those.

That set of wands are "Harry Potter" or LARP dress-up wands (Cosplay costume, Halloween Costume, Theater Prop). However, if I don't make it clear that they're not a Toy, Etsy will try to make me prove I follow a whole slew of new Toy Regulations the US passed a few years ago, and if I can't prove it, I can't sell them.

I checked, none of the tags say anything about Jewelry with the wands, except the one that has Jewelry Wire wrapped into its handle...You confused me!

Oh well, that's probably the last batch going up anyways, because they're not selling online at all. I sold two at a craft show in an hour, and non on Etsy after four months, so They're probably not staying.

(Edited b/c I checked)

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:42 am

I wouldn't mind getting a Vine wand - but not with the polyurethane - I like to actually be able to feel the wood.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Well, I'm planning on using some of my more "Aware" Or "Awake" wood to do working wands when the shop's organized enough to have a small "altar" in a corner for cleansing the wood. I might try and find some grapevine that feels right for proper wands...when the time comes.

When I start making those wands, I'm going to use tea stains, or plant dyes, and I'm going to oil seal them.

There's also something that's a beeswax type material that most honey people consider "useless" that is rumored to be part of the varnish from the original Stradivarius Violins...I want to try to get my hands on some of that from a semi-local beekeeper. If it's blended with the right oils, I can seal them naturally.

The wands up now are more "Geeky" than "Magickal" b/c they were originally conceptually created as "LARP/Cosplay" costume wands. I like carving wood, but I don't always want to make big things like a walking Staff. They sold fairly well at a craft show, so they won't be abandoned totally, but the goods are going to suit the venue, so to speak...which means my stained/poly'd wands won't be going to a Pagan Festival, and a lot of my "blessed/natural" wands won't be taken to a comic-con or fantasy faire.

Of course, that's going to require the shop actually being organized, but 19 degree weather is stopping us from spending time in the drafty garage.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:52 pm

I was more wondering about the "They're real, JK" aspect of the contradiction when I "confusing". I ran into a similar problem when I was trying to make my Tarot reading business. It's real, but at the same time, I would have had to put in "For entertainment only" signs. Actually that was one of the things that frustrated me and made me look to other places for a career. The duality of selling my skills for "entertainment" when I believe that they are real and exist didn't work for me.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews