Crystal Ball?

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Crystal Ball?

Post by Hytegia » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:20 am

The other day, I was led into a store where, by happenstance, had a crystal ball on sale. I picked it up, and I felt a pulling impulse to take it home with me - a similar pulse I had found with other tools I had bought over the years.

But I haven't a damned clue how to utilize it. Have any of you a clue how to use a Crystal Ball?
I can think of many unorthodox methods of it's use (Spirit Conjuration, Weatherworking, and so on) but I'm looking for the actual methods for which it was meant.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Crystal Ball?

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:24 am

I had the same thing with a beautiful clear crystal amethyst sphere. It's got a very intense vibration, and clears very quickly. When you look through it, everything is upside-down! and magnified.

I keep it in the room for Reiki classes, and it has its home in my healing room. It was my first tool. It emanates this protective, cool, clear, loving energy. It's great for meditation.

Spheres in general send energy in all directions. Melody in Love is in the Earth says:
"These speheres facilitate smoother communication in group gatherings by rounding-off rough edges. They are used as "windows" to faraway places - the past and the future. They have been used in the activity of "gazing," as if from afar, in order to assist one in the evaluation of a present situation or circumstance. Crystal balls have been used to purify and to fill gaps in the entire auric field when worn or held. Small spheres are also used as charms and worn or carried, to prevent and/or ameliorate degenerative diseases. The fabricated and naturally occurring shapes exibit identical properties."
When I hold my amethyst, I feel my heart and my energy field expand. When I first got it, I did a meditation where I went into the crystal (it appeared very much like a round, crystal house!) and spoke with its spirit. She told me a lot about herself and how to use her. I would advise doing a similar meditation or similarly getting in touch with the crystal's spirit. It will strengthen your bond and give you clear ideas.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:44 am

I have a small amethyst sphere and a larger quartz sphere that I use for meditation, but not really divination. Both have interesting patterns in their makeup b/c of the way they were made, so I tend to let my mind focus on the lines and shapes and let this blank my thoughts.

Also, if you know how to do that contact juggling thing that's done in Labyrinth, you can do a motion meditation with it.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:56 am

If you're lookin to try and use it for divination, just start out with meditating with it. Just keep watching it as you meditate with no focus. If it starts to fog or cloud up, then you might be able to use it for scrying. If not, it's all good, maybe it's just meant to be a battery, house an enchantment, enhance your space, etc. Not all spheres are meant for scrying. Not all people can scry, scry accurately or scry consciously.

Just take your time and see what comes.

A bientôt,
RuneWulf

P.S. I'm one of the latter, not consciously, when it happens, it's usually a slap in the face outta nowhere for me. Then against, I'm primarily clairsentient and intuitive. I'm not a big visual person. lol

P.S.S. For you old timers, I. Iss JeniCat... Anyone hear from her in the last year or two? Her crazy smily blasts were always a grin inducer. Here's one for you Jennica :hug: :hug: :hug: outtahere: flyaway: backoff: doiknow: hex: backoff: flyaway: :hug: happy upcomin Samhain y'all.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:15 pm

I would love to learn to scry this way... but the cards have always worked better for me than anything else. I'll get more information just from picking up a tarot card to answer a question than I ever do using anything else.

I believe that for scrying, you should try meditating as Rune said. Looking into the ball and not focusing on the image should help. If you feel it coming don't force it... forcing it is one of the fastest ways to kill the feeling.

Off hand, the sphere for me has always been used as a training tool. When I first started out I was always told, "if your energy won't hold it's shape, put it into a crystal and do the same exercises. Your mind will learn from the crystal how to hold the energy that way." It's interesting, though I assume like all teaching tools, you need to know when when to stop relying on it and teaching just your mind now.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews