Seasons Change = No Sleep?

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Seasons Change = No Sleep?

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:43 am

What is going on!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

It seems everyone is unable to sleep! Or seriously having their sleep patterns messed up. I feel for me it's the change of seasons and the spirits starting to stir. I'm not exactly getting energy, but I'm awake at night. It's almost 2am!

Is anyone else experiencing similar, and have you found any effective remedies?

Tomorrow, before going to bed, I'll be doing a little energy work ceremony thingymajigger to bring my cycles back to something resembling normal, as herbals certainly aren't working!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Glassmirror
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Seasons Change = No Sleep?

Post by Glassmirror » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:13 am

I get like this every year around this time actually... I feel more energetic even when I'm trying to sleep; I blame the fact that we're coming into scorpio soon (but that's MY season). Then I have the exact opposite problem in the spring where everything I do seems to have less energy even when I get good sleep.

But you have a good idea there; I always do some balancing work to bring myself down a bit this time of year.

On a side note, around where I live on the East Coast of the United States, energy has been having REALLY weird cycles this year and every practitioner I know has noticed it so it's getting to the point where things are more confusing than anything else... college doesn't help much either. :-?
"May the Universe shed its grace upon you." as said by yours truly

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:10 pm

I've been staying awake longer at night, but I seem to sleep ok once I get into bed. Occasionally, I will wake up during the night for no apparent reason, but mostly, things seem to be ok down on our end of the world. Definitely been feeling the spirits starting to stir, so been getting some very interesting feelings around here lately.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Well, I've been working weekends at a Halloween event at my local amusement park...so my sleep pattern is pretty much shot already. After all, starting work at 5 PM and ending at 1:30 AM is a REALLY icky shift for sleep patterns.

Though, I've had problems with insomnia all summer, so I can't really say.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:08 am

I'm willing to agree here. For about the last 3 weeks my body has been desperately trying to get me back to what I consider my "proper" sleep patterns... The awake/sleep times my body goes to when I'm on vacation, for clarification. Unfortunately, those hours are 3 - 4 am bedtime, sleep till 11 am then wake up for the day. #-o

Hasn't been doing wonders for my day job, I'll say that.

On the other hand, the last week has screwed me up royally anyways... I'm used to sleeping with Grimwell beside me and as I've been in Surrey all week, I've been sleeping alone. Mind you, I've also been doing a lot of learning and work during my conference that gets me tired earlier, so maybe it's just that there is more energy around and when I'm home I haven't been using all of it in the same way? :-k
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews