Energy and Temperature

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Energy and Temperature

Post by Dark Waters » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:51 pm

In keeping with the medical theme of Kit's Insight thread, I thought I would throw this one out that just resurfaced for me.

Recently had a nasty spider bite on the leg that turned the whole back of the leg from calf to ankle a deep reddish purple accompanied by some swelling. Went to the docs and got a couple antibiotic shots over a few days and it has all but cleared up. Anyway that has nothing really to do with the post ...

While I was in the office the did the prelimenaries of height, weight, pulse, BP and Temperature.

Now average temperature for your typical humanoid life form here is a comfy 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit or 37 degrees Celsius for my metric friends. Me - not so much.

Everytime I have had my temp taken it varies from 97.6 - 97.2, this time was 97.4 (the nurse took it again to be sure). One time, on a regular check-up and even though I was feeling fine, they found my temp as 96.9 and were ready to treat me for hypothermia.

The funny part, is that people that are near me, especially my wife and kids who snuggle with me, but even those that just touch me, always say how warm I feel. Really warm. Better than a furry blanket type warm.

As my daughter would "say" O.o

So if my body temp is actually lower than most people, how can I be so warm? Or could it be a different type of energy - other than thermal - that they are feeling and just interpreting as "warmth"? Interesting conundrum.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Energy and Temperature

Post by Kystar » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 pm

That's really odd, b/c when I was a child, my "regular" body temperature was around 95 - 96 or so. 98.6 is actually a FEVER for me (which was a disaster to explain to my school nurses, you can be sure! Though, the doctor said "some people are just cooler than the average.) As an adult, I'm sort of 97, usually. Sometimes 96.

I normally feel warm around my chest and stomach, but my arms, head, and legs are neutral. Though, 99% of the time, my feet and hands are cold. Like, really cold. Granted, I have small "extremities" veins...but I wonder if it's more b/c I tend to "Conceal" my aura to a large degree, draw it inward, that my core is usually warmer than my "outer" parts.

Hmm. :-k
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:18 pm

My hubby is always warm and snuggly. If he's out for the night, I need about seven heavy blankets and PJs just to sleep. He always compplains of being cold, although his body temperature is normal. The thing is he loses all his heat (why he feels warm to me but is cold inside). He says it's because he's got low body fat and all his heat is escaping, but I think it has to do with metabolism. He's a hummingbird and can eat as much as a lion. Either way, I like stealing his heat ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:17 am

Kystar - I always feel normal to myself, neither exceptionally hot or cold, unless I am really sick, then I get the shivers. The warmth is what others feel radiating from me.

CHL - Unfortunately - low body fat is not a problem I have. But perhaps that "insulating layer" may be part of it - retaining even the low heat I have.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:46 pm

I'm in the same boat, but I gave up tryin to figure that one out years ago and just roll with it. There are worse things to be than warm & cuddly, or so I've been told, lol ;)
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Glassmirror
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by Glassmirror » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Certainly doesn't seem odd to me. My temperature tends to stay lower than the "average" and again at the same time, people always tell me I'm really warm. Like runewulf said, it's probably better to just go along with it than figuring out "why".
"May the Universe shed its grace upon you." as said by yours truly