Interesting Insight

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Interesting Insight

Post by Kitsune » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:33 am

Last week on Wednesday, I went to give blood. It's such a little thing to do, but definitely something that I like doing to help. I knew from prior experience that after I give blood I tend to need the whole day to get back to feeling normal afterward. Not that I feel sick or weak, more that I feel unbalanced. Grimwell and me were driving to pick up a friend and we stopped off to get some Mcdonalds on the way. We were waiting for him to come out and started eating and I felt immediately better. I commented to Grimwell that I have never felt better or more balanced after eating before. Grimwell pointed out that my body was taking what it could from the food immediately to replenish my stores of energy. This led to a wonderful conversation in which I figured out how I move energy around in my own body. I use Chakra points and I have always felt that the energy used flows through me. I did a bit of research and it is indeed following my blood flow, using the Chakra points.

The reason I tend to feel so weak and unbalanced for the next few days is because I put so much of my energy in the blood, filling it with Reiki so that whoever it is given to is less likely to have their body reject it and to help them heal that much faster. Since I've actually removed such a large portion of my blood, I can't draw the excess from within to replenish my stores and I also can't process the new energy as completely or quickly as I normally do.

I was wondering if you guys would have any insight into how the actual processing and replenishing of energy occurs with you guys and how any energy training that you've been taught to use has influenced how you view it and how it appears to work.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Interesting Insight

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:17 pm

Very neat experience :)

Chakras have 3 main functions. 1) to help along the development of certain psychological aspects, 2) to draw in energy, and 3) to "digest" energy. If a chakra is plugged or distorted, it will do this less efficiently, which leads to disease and personal imbalances. The meridians or "rivers of light" carry this energy along much like blood, and actually move the way blood does.

Nothing that is physical is not in the energy field. The energy field is the blueprint for physical manifestation. That is why you can see an injury or illness in someone's energy field moments and even years before they manifest in the physical body or in that person's life (also applies to major "traumas" and life changes).

When you are grounded, your energy bodies are largely in alignment and you can take all the energy you need to supply yourself from the cosmos and from the earth around you. This includes propelling you to eat when your physical body needs physical nourishment. If you are out of your body, which often happens when giving blood, you feel out of sorts. (People are also largely unaware of the needs of the physical body, and so it is very easy to over eat or under eat, which is why I am such a big supporter of conscious eating! It also makes one very cold.) Eating also helps your body ground. I've also become acutely aware of how being dehydrated, which can easily happen after giving blood, affects one's mood and general state of being. I, for one, get rather :axe: when dehydrated.

Sometimes when we are feeling depleted, it has to do with being out of body rather than drained. I always flee when giving blood, sometimes so fast that I almost pass out. You can tell when someone is out of body, too, because they usually complain of being cold.

Nourishing the physical body also helps nourish the energy bodies, because the energy that your chakras are pulling in can now be diverted to the proper areas. I always drink green smoothies the morning before and sometimes during the process of giving blood. It's nourishing, it replenishes our liquids, and you can watch your drop of blood fall in that bluejuice like a brick!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: Interesting Insight

Post by Kitsune » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:28 pm

I've never fled my body while giving blood though... Unless I've been doing it unconsciously. I think I feel out of sorts simply because I put so much of myself and my energy reserves into the blood in the hopes of helping the person who will receive it to the utmost.

Good insight on the chakra's though. I do admit, you know more about those than I do. And I agree completely with the dehydration... I didn't suffer that too badly since I'd been drinking quite a bit up to that point, and kept drinking afterwards, but I will say that I wasn't letting my drink go for any reason right after. Oh, something else that went weird... Coke started tasting "Minty" for no good reason about 5 hours afterward... Very odd. It was a very neat experience to say the least though.

What about the rest of you? Similar experiences or any added insight on the experience?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews