Questrion from a newbie about Realms

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Questrion from a newbie about Realms

Post by Hytegia » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:49 pm

There's a few Runic workings out there for Protection - if you truly seek them.
^_-
They come in handy to me, and have yet to fail!
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

twosoul
Level 1
Level 1

Post by twosoul » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:30 pm

The trees can't help me with this, I don't think. Its not their area, and they are preparing to sleep for the winter anyway.

I never really believed in crystal or object magic, really. Never helped me at all...for instance, a crystal that was supposed to drain my energy had no effect on me....I read in one of my books that the ritual aspect of Magick is only to awaken the mind, get the mind in the right state. Like, if you think the magick wand will have power, it will.....I don't, so, it doesn't....I hope that makes sense....

Anyway, I appreciate everything you guys have done to help me. Nothing has gotten better...but thank you....

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:09 pm

AH!
A fellow conspirator in the way of Open-ended Occultism!
Muahahahaha~!

*Cough*

But yes. Magick (as I believe) is the concentration of Power and Will to achieve a goal by supernatural means. The ritual is simply the means by which we concentrate and Control both our will and (in turn) our power to achieve this goal.
There are records of people making mysterious and fascinating things happen, beyond any rationalization or natural cause. And, Sometimes, it can be experienced by the unknowing in times of crisis (such as stories of meek losers being able to lift up a car to save a loved one).

Even the Bible speaks upon this concept, when Jesus tells the Disciples that ,with the Faith of a Mustard Seed, one can command a Mountain to move from one place to another - and it will.

So... You can do it! xD
Nor any drop to drink."

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:25 pm

Hytegia wrote: Even the Bible speaks upon this concept, when Jesus tells the Disciples that ,with the Faith of a Mustard Seed, one can command a Mountain to move from one place to another - and it will.
I do not read many fairy story books, but did not Nohamhead say the same, or VERY similar, in the koran?

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:08 am

I know.
Unfortunately, in this case the Bible preceded the Koran -
So the argument's voided there. Christianity finally said something origional for once. xD

If anyone noticed, though:
In the Bible, Jesus never says "I healed you." He says, "Your faith has healed you."
Nor any drop to drink."

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:12 am

Actually Hytegia I think the Bible and the Koran come from round about the same time (although it is debated 7th century BC?). And remember that Christians, Jews and Muslims pretty much come from the same family of Abraham. Okay thread detour.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:31 am

Well, it depends which parts of the Bible you are talking about, The oldest parts are several thousand years old written by the ancient Hebrews, and some parts draw on older myths. The Canon of the Bible was closed around 400 CE (council of Nicea I think, can't be sure off the top of my head) which included the old and new testament and the appocrypha. The Koran was finished around being recorded 650 CE (this is open to some debate but is the generally accepted time frame).

Anyway, back to the topic of realms.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:18 am

What I think (personally) the most interesting concept of the word "REALM" is that it's not exactly a Plane, per se. It's a place ON the Spiritual Planes, which vary so greatly since the entirety of the Spirtual Realms is so Chaotic and intertwined to the actions, emotions, and radiances of the Physical that you can end up from stepping in a desert in one room into a woody realm within the next room over!
O.o
It's quite a startling concept.
Nor any drop to drink."

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:08 am

Hytegia wrote:What I think (personally) the most interesting concept of the word "REALM" is that it's not exactly a Plane, per se. It's a place ON the Spiritual Planes, which vary so greatly since the entirety of the Spirtual Realms is so Chaotic and intertwined to the actions, emotions, and radiances of the Physical that you can end up from stepping in a desert in one room into a woody realm within the next room over!
O.o
It's quite a startling concept.
Interesting. Altough I have always heard of it in the plural, as Realm. But I think of the reigion around a black hole, where time and place mean nothing, ans everyone can be in one place and everywhere at the same time.

I am decresingly surprised when I fing parallels between Heathenism/Paganisn/mythologies, etc, and modern sceince. Particularly things like "ordinary and planetrary physics, and quantum physics.

"Grottas Mill" for example describes a black hole PERFECTLY. Dark elves light elves, Dark and light matter, Thorrs hammer is a PERFECT description, in the words available at the time, of a basic electronic ciruit.

Read them properly, and the myths can tell a LOT.

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:19 pm

First of all: if you are feeling pain alot then consult a doctor just in case

Secondly: on a magickal note

Keep your sheilds up, be aware of changes and everything that goes on. Try to use this to your advantage. Oftentimes the physical plane is affected by the astral, and other planes but since we do not normaly see these planes all the time knowlege of this kind is irreplaceable. This could mean helping someone keep from a unwanted "accident" or it could keep you out of sticky situations. Use your imagination, i'm sure you can figure something out.
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

twosoul
Level 1
Level 1

Post by twosoul » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:45 pm

I have consulted a doctor about the pain, and they dismissed it. They said unless it gets consistent, don't worry about it.