Feel energy?

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Fableflame
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Scorpio

Feel energy?

Post by Fableflame » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:58 am

So I'm new to magick, and I'm new to energy work.
In several threads I've read, techniques require that you feel energy build up inside you, or you feel the energy pass from you. I can't feel energy.
I've done an exercise where you imagine that you are connected to the earth and you draw energy from earth itself, and where the technique says that I should feel this energy flowing into me, I don't. I just don't feel anything.
Is this normal?
Or does it mean that you have to imagine feeling the energy?

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Feel energy?

Post by Max » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:30 pm

It's okay, it takes time to work on these things. Do you ever feel energetic and excited for no reason when there's a thunderstorm? That's a kind of energy you can feel. You can 'feel' it, but you can work with your imagination too.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Fableflame
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fableflame » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:13 pm

The same goes for objects.
Things like crystals, that have energy, and the way you can put energy into them, I cant feel that.
People say you can put energy into crystals and you can feel when it's full.
Do I just keep transferring energy? Until I get tired?

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:54 pm

We talked about how you can feel energy in this post:
http://www.paganlibrary.com/phpBB3/view ... &hilit=chi
but I'm sure there are more threads that discuss this in the forum.

Try these exercises to see if you can feel the energies between your hands. Let us know how you get on :-)
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:48 pm

It won't come immediately. Sometimes you do need practice. Also, while we say "feel" don't simply think about physical feeling. It's more an emotional/mental thing than a purely physical one (at least for me). With the years of experience that I now have I can see it, and even feel it most of the time, but for me its the mental/emotional part that I feel best.

You need to learn when to trust your intuition about energy, and when to take it with a grain of salt. Fortunately, this skill is easily learned through practice. :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Fableflame
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fableflame » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Max wrote:rub your palms together in front of your heart for a couple of breaths until they start to feel warm and then part them and hold them still about an inch apart. You'll feel warmth and a tingly sensation.
This I can already do.
I don't have to rub my palms together though, just hold them palm to palm a couple inches apart and instantly I can feel warmth in the air between them.
Kitsune wrote:It won't come immediately. Sometimes you do need practice. Also, while we say "feel" don't simply think about physical feeling. It's more an emotional/mental thing than a purely physical one (at least for me). With the years of experience that I now have I can see it, and even feel it most of the time, but for me its the mental/emotional part that I feel best.

You need to learn when to trust your intuition about energy, and when to take it with a grain of salt. Fortunately, this skill is easily learned through practice. :lol:
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind :D