Am I an energy sucker?

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Am I an energy sucker?

Post by Willow » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:49 am

Some of you are into Reiki so I thought you might find this interesting.

I was at a friends house, and as usual, I was freezing, I am always cold but she felt bad so she decided to give me some reiki to warm me up. She held my heands and did her reiki thing (I know very little about it) but instead of me getting warm, she got cold, she said she had never had anything like that happen, almost like I sucked the energy out of her and grounded it as I was no warmer after the fact.

Might this just have been a bad connection, I am really hoping I am not one of these dreaded energy vampires I hear about.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Am I an energy sucker?

Post by Kystar » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:12 am

If you instinctively grounded it out...I'd say you're more like a Lightning Rod then a vamp...most Vamps I've met use other's energy to bolster their own...so they would have been "charged" while she was "drained".
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:46 am

Kystar is exactly correct there. psi-vamps get "charged" when they drain someone else's energy.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:08 am

Hmm, now the real question is do you usually do that when other people give you energy? If not, then it was probably a one time fluke...

If it happens often on the other hand, that would definitely be an interesting little ability... Mainly, the protective capabilities would be astonishing!

Thinking about it, if it only happens with Reiki energy, you could be one of the few members of the population that Reiki energy doesn't affect in a good way. Thus, your body grounds it instead of trying to make use of it, directing it to somewhere it would do more good. Hmm, :-k .... Very interesting ideas to look into now! @};--
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:29 pm

Reiki is interesting in that it can feel hot/cold depending on the person and the situation.

However, I would suggest that your friend was not grounded when she began the flow, and/or took on your "ills" in an empathetic state, which channelling Reiki (or other act of energetic interaction) will provoke.

Some people do suck in Reiki as if you were a straw :lol: Working on people with serious mental/emotional/physical ills usually has this effect. I have never experienced someone who is naturally an energy sucker draw in Reiki this way.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:25 pm

I cannot speak about Reiki but energy functions similarly with me. Many times I will natually suck energy to taste it, sort of, because I am empathic. This energy either returns to the person or it grounds through me. This is as if they are a lightning bolt and I am rubber. Something to think about: Are you empathic? :-k

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:22 pm

As an aside note, energy coming from my hands has been described on more than one occasion as 'cold and tingly'. I wonder if yours is the same, and your friend could feel it?
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:21 pm

*Cough*
My inputon the matter is not from a Professional one (I'm not claiming to be skilled in Reiki). I do find, however, that Energies all have the sam laws... Even the Magick ones. May I take this from a Scientific-style pondering and perhaps we can see where it leads us?

Now, from a scientific mindset, it is Impossible to be absent completely from any one kind of Energy. However, the energy must be transferred to the greater void of energy, because it is the idea of all energy is to be evenly distributed if it can be.
Now, for instance, I'm going to Assume Reiki is some Positive energy. Maybe (in the course of some unseen events on the Astral, or because of events earlier that day) the area around you had become destitute, and low on energy. Then maybe it could be argued that the Energy found a greater need to thin out around and fill the void of Energy about you!
Ofcourse, this is from a Scientific analysis on what I know about the movement of Energy- Not necessarily what I know about Reiki (mainly because I don't know about Reiki). But in an unseen course of events, maybe the Void of energy around you had a greater pull than her channeling it to you, so it dispersed like Lightning in Water.

Fun (and very off-topic) Fact: Water is the WORST conductor of Electricity, having an Electrical resistance of 3. It only seems so bad because when Lightning hits wter, it is dispersed evenly throughout the Water.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:44 pm

actually, not all types of energy follow the same exact laws, even non-metaphysical ones... i.e. fire and electricity share some laws, but also behave differently under other situations or circumstances. That's something for you to ponder. And even metaphysical energies can work differently... what I tend to call "moving at different frequencies or levels". A simple example would be standard magickal energy that you use for spell work as opposed to hard Chi, which can take a pure physical manifestation.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:42 pm

OK, I am back again:

Kystar and Runewolf: I was still cold, so I don't think I charged at all, good to know.

CHL: Maybe it was the empathic thing, she is pretty open to what other people around her are feeling and experiencing

Lotus: Am I empathic? I don't think so, I can be a bit dense when it comes to sensing the energy of a situation. It would be nice though

Max: Cold yes, but only my thumbs get tingly, then they can't get warm unless I put them in hot water

Hytegia: You lost me but thanks...I am no good at this sciency stuff

Anyway, I thought you guys would find it interesting, I will pass all the info on to my friend. CHL, could he harm herself in any way if she isn't grounding properly?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:34 pm

She should definitely be grounded and cut the energy after. I sort of brush myself off and make a deal of the separation of our energies after a healing, after sealing them up.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Speaking from my personal experience, not grounding leaves you more drained afterwards... Especially with Reiki.

In our world today, there are very few people who aren't in need of at least basic healing... not even mentioning the earth herself! Not grounding and cutting the energy means the Reiki energy may continue to flow, healing everything around her... this would definitely leave her more drained (after all, it's still using her a conduit), and would leave her open to absorbing energy from elsewhere.

I would suggest that your friend find an action that when used would tell her mind that the healing is over... much like Crazy brushes herself off. Personally, I thank the Gods and Guides of Reiki once more while I perform a silent clap. I've trained myself so that I stop projecting and using Reiki at that point.

Generally, it's about as dangerous as not grounding after any ritual is... Meaning that perhaps "Strongly Suggested" should be the comment used. :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

pheonix
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pheonix » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:56 pm

"Dreaded energy vampire"
It is unfortunate that many people think this way but mostly it's because they are misunderstood.
Anyway getting back on topic energy vampires or beings that need to feed off of outside sources of energy do not always feel charged after they take energy. I know from my own personal experience. If people tend to feel tired more so than usual after being around you than you are probably an energy feeder.