Storage Limit

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
crackerjake
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Pisces

Storage Limit

Post by crackerjake » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:53 pm

The other day I bought a chunk of quartz with the intent of practicing energy manipulation with. My friend, who has kinda taken me on as his apprentice, I guess, just taught me how to imbue objects and move energy from myself into an object. Well, I've been shoving energy into this chunk for a little bit, getting the hang of moving energy, when it felt as if I was hitting a blockage or something. Is it possible for something like this quartz I'm using to have a certain limit on how much energy you can put into it?

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Storage Limit

Post by runewulf » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:32 pm

Yes, it's possible for an item to have a limit to what you can shove into it energetically speaking, that's why a lot of time with enchantment the energy is mostly "anchored" to the object as opposed to being pushed inside. Flaws in an object can cause limits, so can the type of object itself or the object already having some other type of energy or influence that contradicts what you're trying to do. Take a look at the Enchantment post in the Magick & Energy Usage forum. That's a good lesson to start with.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

crackerjake
Level 1
Level 1

Post by crackerjake » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:48 pm

I've got another couple of questions:

1) After spending a little while longer pushing energy into my quartz (found out it wasn't full, still don't know what was going on), I got a mild headache later, light headed, along with my stomach feeling kinda weird, almost nauseous, and my left hand had this tingling feeling to it with some very light pain (I was using it to channel most of my energy with, and no, I'm not a lefty), is this normal? If so, will these go away with practice?

2) Following #1, I noticed a very thin fuzzy outline on my quartz, is this the energy I pushed into it?

Thanks for being patient with my questions :)

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:12 pm

First, no problem about the questions, that's how we learn and share what we're experiencing :-)

As to your questions:
  • Yes, you can get a headache from pushing a lot of energy, especially if you're pushing out the energy you have inside of you, as opposed to simply channeling enery through your body. Yes, it does get better with practice, but even more so if you learn how to relax and absorb some of the energy around you. Also, make sure that your grounding & centering, both before and after doing these things. With practice, it takes only moments to do a quick ground & center. For energy drain and the after effects, here's a basic guide:
    • Breathe deep and relax
    • Mentally reach out so that you can feel the energy surrounding you. It's there. It's always there. Feel it against your skin, swirling around you.
    • Now that you feel it, begin breathing slowly, in.... hold.... out.... hold... in... hold...etc (you should be able to slow count to 10 on each inhalation and each exhalation)
    • With each breath in, feel that energy that was flowing around outside flow into you. Feel it coming into you with each breath and move through your body, refreshing it, adding itself to your body, filling your limbs, your torso, etc. Feel it adding itself to the energy already in your body.
    • Repeat the breathing and energy pull until you feel "full" or "topped off" so to speak.
    • Now ground all excess energy, any extra that you might have been carrying or might still linger around you. Open up to the earth, to the physical floor beneath you, and once opened allow any excess energy inside you, any negativity or energy that's just "out of tune" within you, allow it to flow down your body and be absorbed into the earch.
    • Now let your breathing return to normal, slowly.
  • If you are a visual person by nature and any gifts you might have lean that way, then yes, the milky cloud around the quartz would be the energy that you've been imbuing into it. You might also see it as a slight discoloration in the air, a wavering distortion around it or even a soft, possibly colorless glow around it. This kind of energy field around an object can often be a clue to you if the object has been enchanted/imbued.
I hope these answers help :-D

Wassail

crackerjake
Level 1
Level 1

Post by crackerjake » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Thanks again!

I've got another question now:

- When I was being taught how to imbue an object, I was told to put what reminded me of what I wanted (in this case, focus) into my power center (I chose the art room I was in my freshman year, when it was quiet, I got right down to work and did pretty well). After that, I draw it from my center along with my power and push it into the object I wanted to imbue, and keep doing it until I felt that I was done. As far as I can tell, it worked.
Now, would channeling involve drawing energy from a source, like the surrounding air or a tree, pushing it through my power center, then pushing it out into whatever I need? I'm not sure, since he only taught me what I asked for, and that was to imbue with my own power.

Oh, and by using my own power more often, will it increase? As in will I have more of my own reserve?

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:06 pm

Yes, channeling is like drawing from outside and pushing elsewhere.

As far as your personal power goes, consider yourself a battery. You need to be recharged. It will grow to an extent, but you need to make sure you don't "bottom out" and keep yourself from remaining drained for very long.

crackerjake
Level 1
Level 1

Post by crackerjake » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:13 pm

Alright, thanks again :)

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:10 am