cursing yourself?

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

cursing yourself?

Post by Lotus » Thu May 07, 2009 1:05 pm

I was having a conversation with a friend last night about my whole job/life situation. He was baffled to how all of this crap just seems to happen to me. People and problems just seem to come out of the woodwork often times without provocation.
He has been with me out somewhere many of times where just a fight occurs or something just happens. One such time, I just pulled up to a gas station pump to fill my car and the guy pumping at the next pump just started calling me rude names. My big infraction that upset him: Nothing!
I will walk into a room and quietly sit down in the corner and *boom* a big fight will result.
Almost like there is some kind of energy about me that says, “come fight me.”
At this store I did everything to dot my ‘I’s and cross my ‘t’s and still I became a target for drama.

Because I am so sensitive and always give a reaction might single me out for every drama queen?

There is another thing to all of this. Things that should have a simple solution and never blow up on other people always blows up onto me. There is never anything simple in my life. All misunderstandings regardless of how small they are always blow up.
This whole ex-manager thing is a prime example. Issues never end either. My transfer should have meant “out of sight and out of mind.” This is just continuing on and on without any provocation on my part. I have done nothing to or said anything about this woman since I transferred.

My current District Supervisor told me that these things happen to me because I do not respect myself.
I believe that here is some validity to this statement. I do not respect this job and I do not respect myself doing this job. I am nowhere in life where I would like to be.

Back to the conversation with my friend last night:
At one point I looked at him and asked him if I were cursed. He looked at me in the eye and then around me (as to read my general aura) and said that I had cursed myself.
In essence, I dark cast my own negative destiny with negative thoughts.

Is it possible to curse yourself?

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: cursing yourself?

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu May 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Absolutely. I think a lot of people do it. I am currently working with a woman who was just date raped by her ex (after she left him for a woman), has to quit her job, and generally has crap happen to her. It's different than my other friend, who has crazy things happen to her that would never happen to anyone else, but end up better in the end. She is constantly clearing and healing. The first I mentioned is just wallowing and attracting.

Basically, the universe is a mirror.

I'm writing a PM with specifics on what you can work on energetically. Check out the BBH (www.barbarabrennan.com) website and look for a healer in your area. Students do NOT pass that school without being the best in their field.

Huge hugs hun :hug:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Thu May 07, 2009 10:03 pm

I have never heard of this woman or school but then again this is not my area of knowledge. I looked the site up (via your link) and found two people who live in Columbus, Ohio. Quite a few live in Cinci but I'd rather not go too far.
When I can, I will call (not now when it is 2 am ;) )

Yeah, there is something wrong energetically with me.
Thanks again. *returns hug* >:D<
BB
Lotus

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Fri May 08, 2009 3:28 pm

I had never heard of it either until our darling CHL got me onto them. I've sent some friends there who were in desperate need of getting something done that I simply could not do myself .. And it has done wonders for them. I also plan to go and visit this school, I wanna check it all out, learn what I can, get a session done teehee :-D Let us know how you get on with it :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri May 08, 2009 5:47 pm

I have one of her books, bought I believe on Crazy's suggestion as well :lol: (Did Crazy "Soapbox" her... We all have heard of her through Crazy, after all).

Her book is rather impressive, I'll give it that!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 08, 2009 8:45 pm

BBH is the leading school of healing in the world. New campus coming to Aussie-Land. :)

What can I say? I'm in the business of healing. If I can't do it, I find someone who can; the school and all its graduates have proven themselves top-of-the-line and have all earned my trust and favour. :)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Fri May 08, 2009 11:13 pm

I just do not know really what to say to someone when I contact someone. I have never been to a healer before. The closest thing I have done was have acupressure done and a past life regression. Not really sure how valid the regression was really.
I had one nut tell me that in the middle ages I was an Evengelical Christian Woman who traveled by boat persecuting people. :roll: #-o Anyone here reading this can find several problems with the above past life.

Bb
Lotus

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Sat May 09, 2009 2:34 pm

lol Kitsune. I think she did ;) But it's well worth soap-boxing hehe

Lotus .. Treat it like you would going to the doctor. A doctor is a healer, just in a different field to those of us in the alternative bracket of healing. It's all about symptoms, things that have happened, your emotions, etc etc etc. It's exactly the same as seeing a doctor .. We just don't treat in the same way as they do. I know I can get a bit "doctor like" as some of my friends put it lol Ask a million and one questions then get down to work lol.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed May 13, 2009 10:32 pm

I'm going to keep this brief... enough has already been said... Listen to White_Harmony and the others... it is quite possible to curse yourself, just as it's possible to heal yourself. What you put out tends to effect what you draw in... you attitude, beliefs and actions always have consequences, especially if you don't shield yourself from them. Whatever method you choose to use, you need to clean yourself... banishment, ritual cleansings, etc. Find the one that makes the most sense to you and brings you the most comfort, then follow through with it, regularly. If you truly have bound the negativity to you, doing so will break it away and free you up to draw into your life what your focus is on now and moving forward.

Blessings,
Rune
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed May 20, 2009 4:42 am

Isn't the definition of the Threefold Law basically Cursing yourself if you curse?
Don't take this like I'm saying that you Cursed anyone. I'm not! I just want to make sure that you know that, in times of distress or misfortune, you may end up wishing someone was dead, or just "Gone." Or just some other negative mindset. With the knowledge we have, we know that spacific things are controlled by our outlook on them. Maybe that knowledge that we're supposed to have makes us more liable for our thoughts and actions.
Becouse, what is Magick besides requesting something to happen by concentrating our Body, Mind, and Spirit into the spell's action? If we, perhaps for one second, wished something bad enough to happen then it just might. So, now, consider if you were wishing something were "Gone" or some other way like that. Then that thought might be construed and the Universe would think that it's valued customer wants something to happen... Likewise if it happens or not, you'd probably retain that negative energy.
:P
In a sense, Negative thinking is the most broadest and the most loosely defined as Black Magick, becouse it acts like the stuff. It's not as bad as the real deal, but it can lead to bad things happening. And, like Black Magick, only good things can keep you from being sucked into the all-accursed loop of Black Magick (You cast a curse, retain the negative energies. The Negative energies lead you to getting mad and casting Black Magick again, and therefore retaining even MORE Negative Energy).
As I said, Negative Thoughts are lighter, but the idea of Negative Thoughts leading to Negative Things which, in turn, lead to Negative Thoughts is just the same loop.

---------------------

Basically, I would do what everyone else said. I, Myself, would just take a day off and lay back with my girlfriend, maybe *unn-tss-unn-tss* then sleep. The Thoughts themselves would have been gone away for so long and be so far from my thoughs that they would loose their hold on me. The main cause for this kind of bad energy is almost always Stress. Which leads to the bad thoughts.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Thu May 21, 2009 6:13 am

That's a slipper slope of logic to get tied up in and really depends on a lot of things, like how much you believe in the law of returns, how much energy you put into passing thoughts, etc. The threefold law itself is really something we impose on ourselves... or don't. At it's core, it's simple karma, i.e. what goes around comes around... or more specifically, what you put out into the universe, you will get back, eventually, in one form or another. It being 3 times better or worse (or in other traditions 7 times, 9 times, etc) is what we impose by our belief. It's real easy for deep-seated belief to amplify natural effects.

As far as passing negative thoughts being enough to cause a "curse loop", for lack of a better term, that's not likely unless we are pouring a lot of energy into said negative thoughts and then releasing that energy with intent, in which case it would be magick and not just passing thoughts. If all it took were those kinds of thoughts, 99.9% of the world's population would be horridly cursed and getting worse all the time. Don't get me wrong, I know the power of thoughts quite well, especially if backed by words and/or will/intent, but it's not that drastic of an issue for most people most of the time.

In short, it's always best not to think negative thoughts, but sometimes that's just not possible. Unless you're actively trying to push those thoughts into reality, you generally don't have a lot to worry about from in the long run.

Wassail

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Fri May 22, 2009 1:05 am

I would have to agree with Runewolf on this one. There is a big difference between thought and action. We all have many wacky thoughts in a day but they are not wrong unless you act upon it.
Think about this classic case: Just about everyone I know have thought about jumping out of a window when in a classroom setting. The very thought of doing this is not wrong whereas the action would be. Feeling anger is not wrong but acting upon that anger is wrong. Do you see what I mean?
Cursing is not just negitive thoughts. That explanation is too simple.

For example, If I think about what it would be like to have millions of dollars. My thoughts are thinking about this idea that is not negative. Did I manifest millions of dollars with these thoughts? No, of course not. I would have to take steps far beyond thinking about it to get what I want. I would have to back up these thoughts with actons and intent.

Besides I am way too careful to allow my thoughts to go to wishing harm on someone. In fact, my personal flaw is being extremely naive about wishing harm to anyone. Believe me, people have put me through the grinder to points where most people would claim that I have the right for vengence and to curse. Most of my friends say that they would have cursed my former boss already for all the stuff she has done to me. I, as of yet, have taken no such action.
I think that at this point even that Uncle Ragnar would tell me to curse her.
Am I being stupid for not doing so? Think about it, she is threatening my livelyhood. This is something that I am going back and forth on because she has crossed levels that are too far for even me.

I believe thought processes help us work through things.

Here is how my friend put it: I have energy that I have not put to good use and I know just enough to be dangerous. I have 'awakened' to my power but I do not understand how to wield it. A lot of my problem, according to him, is that I have allowed people to put me through the grinder with the same naive flaw of not wishing harm when I should. This perpetual bashing down over the whole span of my life has contributed to this problem of cursing myself.

Bb
Lotus

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Fri May 22, 2009 6:45 am

Valid points. One thing to remember about not wishing harm... an it harm none means yourself as well. If you don't take care of yourself, you are much less use to others ;)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 22, 2009 6:47 am

Input -> Thoughts -> Emotions -> Words -> Action -> Habit -> Life.

The best advice I could offer with that diagram is change your input. Regularly.

In our business we have a system called CORE. No one has ever been CORE for a year and not been financially free. There are 10 steps. Only 3 of them deal with actual business work. The other 7 are about personal growth and self-improvement. The fact is, when you change your input on a consistant basis, your life changes. One of those steps is reading a book 15 minutes per day.

There are a number of books out there that I highly recommend regarding self-improvement and success. The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson is phenomenal. John Maxwell has some great stuff out there. I was priveledged enough to be able to hear him speak back in April. Usually he charges about a half a million dollars for the day to speak to large groups, but we got to see him for free for the weekend. Phenomenal stuff. Great teacher and a really nice man.

I love The Slight Edge. I think that could really help you right now :) It's one of the foundational building blocks, in my opinion. It is universal, too. It doesn't apply just to business, but every aspect of life. Slight Edge it. lol :) I have a whole list of books if you are interested. Change input consistently, and life changes. :)
Crazy Healer Lady

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Dark Waters » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:45 am

Lotus wrote:I would have to agree with Runewolf on this one. There is a big difference between thought and action. We all have many wacky thoughts in a day but they are not wrong unless you act upon it.
Think about this classic case: Just about everyone I know have thought about jumping out of a window when in a classroom setting. The very thought of doing this is not wrong whereas the action would be. Feeling anger is not wrong but acting upon that anger is wrong.
Just my tuppence,

Being what we are, we realize that personal energy and personal action are not as separate as others would believe. We pump positive energy toward each other in need, we sense negative energies directed at us, we focus the energy flow of the universe to aid our spells.

While you may not actually cast spells, or take direct action, your desires can create a flow of energies -negative or positive- regardless. It wouldn't be as strong or as powerful as deliberate castings but there nonetheless. Think about how you can sense when someone stares at you. Or while you may not actually jump from the window, for a few moments you may actually feel the weightlessness and wind rushing by.

Thinking hard negatively about someone for a prolonged period of time, could set up an "undercurrent" - weak though it may be. The need at that point is to realize how your energies are flowing and pulling back any that might be in question, like an octopus drawing back a tentacle or a bird folding back its wings.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.