ODB & Lucid Dreaming

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

ODB & Lucid Dreaming

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:56 am

Hey there! I have a friend who wants to know about out of body experiences and lucid dreaming without the aid of hallucinogenic drugs. Unfortunately, I don't have experience with them except lucid dreaming perpetually as a kid, and Journeying (flight of the soul). Does anyone have any experience, resources, or suggestions?

Thanks for your help!
-CHL
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Re: ODB & Lucid Dreaming

Post by Max » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:30 am

Hello, if you mean lucid dreaming as knowing you're asleep and being able to control your dreams, I do that all the time!

This may be completely off the track of what you meant but here goes.....
Book and internet sites will probably tell your friend to become more aware of their dreams such as keeping a dream diary to record what happens, or try going 'back into your dream' when you've just woken up. It's hard to describe what I do but I'll try:

I plan what I want to dream about, become very relaxed, and very purposefully think about a scenario in my head, seeing it through my eyes, taking note of my physical presence in this 'space' I've created. At the start I'll be in a corridor or a room or staring at a small space like a tree trunk, because too much detail confuses. Then I allow my 'dream senses', my awareness, to become more involved in the dream world. Then as I drift more into a dream state, I am in control of my own actions but the scenery and people around me tend to be autonomous. It doesn't just have to happen at night time in bed, I've lived whole lives in a car journey (as passenger hehe). I always know I'm dreaming when something really peculiar happens in the dream, and I know when I'm not lucid when it goes more 'fuzzy' and I'm not fully in control anymore.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:26 am

Hello CHL. Excuse the double post but I had another thought about outer body experiences. In the depths of my notebooks there is a note about this, I remembered it a few days ago, but I can't find it. But here's what I remember: use a mix of incense which includes protective as well as 'psychic opening' ingredients, and within a protective circle get into a trance-like state through dance or chant (or both). When you are ready lie down and let your mind do the wandering. I think there was a suggestion to eat something afterwards to ground yourself. I hope this helps your friend.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:51 am

I appreciate your responses, Max :D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sìle » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:17 pm

The only technique I know to help in learning to dream lucidly is to keep a dream diary. The moment you wake up, write the dream down. After a while, you should attempt to go to bed earlier until you have an extra hour or so. Then, when you wake from you dreams, write them down, then go over them and attempt to change various aspects (starting with just one) and go back to sleep. Eventually, you will start to redream but with changes and this alerts your consciousness to the fact that you are dreaming, and thus it becomes a lucid dream which you can control.

My ability was spontaneously acquired when I was around 16. I was having a nightmare and I suddenly realised it was a dream and I could stop it. I awoke immediately and, even since there, I am aware of my dreams. Its never left me and I've not had a nightmare since. \:D/

As to OBE and journeywork there is many a book on the subject with exercises to help. Again, my entry into journeying flyaway: was spontaneous after yeras of practising meditation and trance.