Animal Communication/Telepathy

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Sanctaignis
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Animal Communication/Telepathy

Post by Sanctaignis » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:49 am

I was wondering how one could learn how to speak with animals ( If it is possible) or to atleast hear their thoughts. I am really attached to my cat and am constantly wondering what she is thinking everytime I see her.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blessed be, all. flyaway:
"Carpe Omnes"

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Animal Communication/Telepathy

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:41 pm

Raven is a great teacher of animal communication.

Read a book called Animal-Speak by Ted Andrews. That should get you started :) It's more on reading the signs of nature, but is so valuable in learning to speak with animals.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Sanctaignis
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Sanctaignis » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Thank you, Healer.

My blessings are with you. :-D
"Carpe Omnes"

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:43 pm

I do this with my kitties all the time, so its definately possible.

My advice to prepare yourself mentally by taking a step to the side and shucking the human in you. If that doesn't make sense, I do have a slightly more clear explanation below. :-D

First off, you need to have very clear thoughts when you start. Animals don't think like we do. They think in ideas. They don't think "I'm hungry, I should eat something." They think, "Food, eat". If you've heard of the way the Japanese think, in ideas, not in words, you'll understand better. Start by speaking to your cats out loud and thinking your thought at the same time. When you call them to eat, visualize the food in the bowl, and them eating. When you call them to cuddle, visually you petting them at the same time. Direct these thoughts to your pets. At first you'll confuse them, but as you get better with it, they'll understand you more and more, and will start trying to learn your language as well. They won't be very clear in their thoughts at you for a while either, but if you both work at it, you both learn.

Just ask Crazy. She was very surprised the first time she met my cat, Minkers.

Just be aware that it doesn't happen overnight. It can take a year or longer to truly have a conversation, but it's very rewarding when you do it.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews