Black Mirrors

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Black Mirrors

Post by underlilith » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:00 pm

Ok, well another subject for yall. I've been researching black mirrors lately and i think i know quite a few uses for them (gateway to spirit realm/astral plane, divination, etc.). Now to my question. I've been looking into how to make one, but i've been getting mixed results. One site says to paint the back of the mirror, the next says to paint the mirror itself, and another says to paint the glass plate on one side and put it back together with the painted side inwards.

So, how would YOU do it? or rather if you can find a more "together" source, please post that as well.
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Black Mirrors

Post by Sìle » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:55 pm

Perhaps I'm a bit dim, because all three of those instructions seem to refer to doing the same thing to me. :smt017

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:53 pm

I'd say, it depends on your mirror.

Older mirrors that have the reflective separate would probably work best if you paint the glass and put it with the paint facing the reflective (so it can't chip).

Newer mirrors that have the reflective actually adhered to the glass plate...well, they leave you with two options...either scrape the reflective off and paint the back, or paint the front with glossy black.

When I was planning on a black scrying surface, I was going to make a bowl...but that's just b/c I like water.

And thanks, Sile, for resurrecting this...as I was recovering from surgery and missed this post.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Actually, that brings a valid point as to affinity.

For those that prefer water a silver or other metallic bowl and fill with ink or colored water.

For those that show earth affinities a painted glass mirror or dark mineral like onyx or obsidian.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:04 am

lol, I can just picture the kitties looking in the bowl....

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown