Wards...who's got experience?

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Wards...who's got experience?

Post by Kystar » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Okay, gang, I have a fairly strange question. I don't know if I mentioned before, but I maintain two active wardlines around my house, one linked to the foundation of the house and one held around the perimeter of the property by elemental glyph stones. (Not even going to address the inactive wardline that I never took down when I realized it didn't work the way I wanted it to!)

Here's my problem...though they feed from the power in nature to keep themselves mostly charged and active, I've noticed that once in a while they draw from me (And sometimes hubby) to truly work. With my energy focused on healing my surgery, I'm not able to give them the power they need. Hubby can only contribute a little since I made the stones and I made the wards.

Though the one around the foundation is there, it's not as strongly maintained as the one around the perimeter.

So, anyone have an idea on how I can charge the silly thing without draining me right now? The only thought I have is to find a crystal associated with each element and place that crystal on or under the stone to add extra omph.

Thanks for any suggestions!
~K
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Re: Wards...who's got experience?

Post by FyreGarnet » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:56 pm

I'm not sure if this would work, as I've never done energy work. But could you just use your body as a conduit? Draw energy from nature and then feed the wards? Is this too much work since you are recovering and all?

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:54 am

Is there a way to get them to draw from source energy? The same energy that you would tap into if you were to do energy healing. Not your own, but that endless energy. Like, if you were to imagine all the rivers and creeks and oceans stemming from one limitless pool.

Mine, honestly, along with tapping into this energy, I ask the angels to keep up.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:55 am

Well, see, that's just it...when I'm hurt, my energy flows go...well, out of my controllable range. Granted, it's surgery, but my body still sees it as a serious wound.

I can't make my energy flow out of me right now with any sort of effectiveness, since everything in me in focused on healing me...thus, I can't charge the wards myself in any capacity. Even if I were to draw energy out of another source, my "defense mechanisms" wouldn't let me push it out of me.

Thus the quandary.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!