MOON CALENDAR.

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Ragnar

MOON CALENDAR.

Post by Ragnar » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:29 am

There were a few places I thought this could go, including herbal gardening etc, but here seems to be generaly best.

Hpe it is of some use to someone. I find it O.K when it is as USUAL cloudy as Hel here. :roll:

http://www.paulcarlisle.net/mooncalendar/

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Re: MOON CALENDAR.

Post by Willow » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:57 am

Thank you, I always have trouble remebering where the moon is and when!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:57 am

Moon Calanders are always useful!

By the way Ragnar, you mentioned twice that Yule is supposed to be celebrated at the first New Moon after December 21? Why is that? I've never heard of practicing that way before. :oops:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:59 am

First FULL moon.

Because the Germanen/Kelts/Sammi, and many Northern tribes had/have the calander based on the moon and not the sun.

My Sister DID have it all worked out including the leap MONTHS (Not a DAY, but a MONTH, every nine years.)

But that was one of the things she burned along with every blood important document, birth certificate, family tree, photograph, you name it, that she could lay her hands on. Which was ALL of them.

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:41 am

How awful, Ragnar.

Why would anyone be that mean?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:54 am

Bandersnatch wrote:How awful, Ragnar.
Why would anyone be that mean?
You know that is a good question. I have only ever focused on the "I could bloody KILL her for that, if she wasn''t already dead".

Never really stopped to wonder why.

I mean if it was just MY photos/documents, then I could probably say "na personality clash", but it was ALL of them.

Then again, Lisa has asked me many times about my Sister, and strangely enough, I can not remember her EVER been there, until 1985, when I was getting divorced, my Father would not let me stay there, so my Sister let me stay at her place. But BEFORE that, whilst we were kids, I don't remember much about her at all.

Na, the odd thing like us going to the local park and giving all the other kids HEL. :-" But that was maybe two weeks one summer holiday. Other than that.... :-? :?:

We eventualy fell out totaly when I realised what a user she was, AND that she drove everyone away from the hearth (Circle to you Wiccan types. ;) ). Then about ten years later I heard she had snuffed it, so I asked about all the photos and that, and that's when I was told what had happened, actualy about six months before snuffing it. So may be it was something to do with that. I dunno.

Don't really care now. 8-)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Ah, you celebrate much like the Chinese do... Except that the soltices aren't as important them. The first full moon afterwards is when they celebrate their New Year. And once every nine years they do the full extra month as well. Very interesting. On a seperate note, I'm hoping to get myself a lunar calander as well this year.

Thank you for explaining!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:10 pm

:hug: to Ragnar.

I can't imagine being in so much pain that I'd feel the need to use everyone, and then burn something so precious. You are a very strong person, to have been around someone of that energy. I hope she at least found peace and healing where she is, for everyones' sake.

-Jess
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

dixgomez
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dixgomez » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:05 pm

Moon calendar is one of the best calendar for such herbal gardening...

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:37 am

dixgomez wrote:Moon calendar is one of the best calendar for such herbal gardening...
Quite.

One point, could you please change your signature. That would appear to me to be potentialy spam. I would hate for any one to get the wrong idea.