A Warning

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

A Warning

Post by daibanjo » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:26 pm

I thought I'd post this as a warning to new and old. Also because I've seen a number of posts from time to time on the subject of "Invocation" After a lifetime of mystical experiences and thinking I know what I'm doing it still goes to show that I'm not that smart.
I haven't been around the Library recently as much as I used to be and that's because most of my computer time is spent building my web site.
I recently decided to make videos and one of them that I just made was the Invocation of Thoth. Now I really didn't want to invoke an Egyptian God so I didn't do any ritual or light a candle or perform any other of the physical ceremonies around the invocation. What I did was to pick out some images that I felt were appropriate, select background music and then record myself speaking the invocation. I didn't want some dry chant so I deliberately put feeling and emotion into it.
Just doing that messed me up for 3 days. I was dreaming the invocation every night and my whole body felt out of joint. It was not a pleasant time at all.
There are 2 ways to look at this. It's up to you which one you choose but the overall effect is the same.
We may believe that the old Gods truly exist. In which case I opened up a "Wormhole" an incomplete channel to a spirit with whom I had no immediate purpose. If you invoke without purpose then you summon energy that just hangs and can have worse effects than the jitters it gave me. Like I said the channel was incomplete, there was no ritual, but it was enough to completely upset my system.
The other way to look at it is that instead of communicating with a God we actually draw from deep within our own psyche and pull on primeval forces that reside deep within ourselves. So in this scenario I formed a channel with deep seated areas of my inner self again without purpose other than making a video.
Either way, whichever we choose to believe, invocations are dangerous things and even an old fart like myself who is supposed to know better can still mess up.
Just something for you to consider.
Blessings O:)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: A Warning

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Thanks for sharing, mon ami! You've got a lot of wisdom and I really respect you posting a "blooper" like this one so the rest of us can take heed and learn.

That had to be uncomfortable. How are you feeling now? Did you take any action to help the process along?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:58 am

Thanks for posting. I have never tried the like but have heard of it going wrogn for other people to be sure.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by daibanjo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:36 pm

I'm fine now. There really isn't anything that can be done in these circumstances. Anything I tried to do would only have given more power to the energy. Reaffirmed it's presence, so to speak. I just had to relax and let it go that's the quickest, easiest and sanest way of handling these things.
If you want to check it out it's on my website and I put it on youtube too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYh40E_zI40

let me know what you think.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:32 pm

Actually when you first posted I went to your site (which looks AMAZING by the way) and could only listen until about 30 seconds in, but then I was pretty energy sensitive that day/week. I listened again now much further and experienced similar. Head is pounding but this time went down my body. May be mind over matter, too. (Maybe I just keep thinking of your experiences and am connecting into them.)

From a purely asthetic perspective, it's absolutely beautiful and very moving.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:31 am

Very nice Diabanjo...Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:53 pm

I will look into it.
Yes, I have actually been there and done that. I have even gotten odd effects even after a properly done and careful Invocations.
Always a very welcoming warning reminder.

I have worked with Thoth (D(T)ejuti) on numerous occasions and have actually pissed of this god-form before. Not a very good thing, I will tell you. He likes to work in your dreams as well.

Edit:
I got through the first few seconds and had to turn it off. He watches me carefully and any vocal words of "I invoke Tejuti" around me then the energy starts to swirl.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:02 pm

Here's a question...

I occasionally have dreams, sent to me by the deities. I feel awake during them (as in I'm completely aware of my physical body), and they are the only ones that I can't seem to change once I get stuck in them.

I 'awake' from them feeling exhasted, and my muscles are usually cramped. I wouldn't mind them if they told me something new, or gave me a command, or spoke clearly... But they're usually just rehashing things that I couldn't stop thinking of when I was awake. ](*,)

I realize that the deities are trying to simply work the frustration out of me faster, but it would be nice if they'd at least let me wake feel rested or rejuvinated come morning.

The worst was when I was working at Seven Eleven for about a year... I was so angry that I went to sleep every night and honestly dreamt that I was still working... even when I could find my self awareness, I couldn't make the dreams stop.

Now I only get them when my inner balance has been pushed out of wack by something... Is there any way to "help" them along?

Since we're speaking of blunders, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong. [-o<
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:23 pm

If it's the deities, I'd recomend asking them to go a little easy on you, or at least be clear. Otherwise, how about a nice cool walk to set your mind to a steady theme and balance yourself?
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:08 pm

It's no problem after I'm awake... The dreams don't tend to stay stuck in my mindframe all day, more that they tend to pop up at odd times.

Like I said, the bad part is that they tend to leave me exhasted the day after, which in general leaves me less able to deal with the problems of that day, ex cetera, ex cetera, ex cetera...

I have no problem with my guides or my deities helping me to move past issues sooner... It's just a brand of tough love that's hard to deal with. :-#

Thank you for the advice though Crazy... Perhaps if I can speak out to the deities while in the dream, while going through the motions, they'll listen... I'll try that. hex:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:25 am

Or perhaps even stating your intentions now...? You don't have to wait until dreamtime :)
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Very true... Thanks Crazy!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:04 am

LOL, for some reason I never considered that you would have an accent, I totally want to hear videos of you reading great works of literature..... :-D

It is quite lovely, but made me feel al ittle off too.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by daibanjo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:46 pm

Been away again for too long. I miss you guys.
CHL gives such good advice and sound counsel, Kitsune there is nothing I could add.
Willow, thanks. I may have mentioned I'm Welsh :-) I couldn't speak english until I was 11 and went to secondary school. So I guess that gives me the accent. If you're interested in something not so creepy. On the home page i have a video where I tell the story of the greatest magic of all. I first told this story on one of my posts here. This is my attempt at telling it in a video.
Hope you like it. :-D
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:27 am

*Goes to check it out*

Have I ever told you how much I adore your website Daibanjo? I spend ages just sitting there and reading all the new material when I go to visit lol.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~