Psychokinesis

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Psychokinesis

Post by Kystar » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 pm

You know, I had a touch of that when I was 11-12...could call a pencil to roll off a desk and uphill to my foot. It went away when puberty started up more strongly...and I've never been able to do it again. I can manipulate photosensitive equipment to a point, but not move physical items.

Hmm, the best way I'd say is just work on meditation with the focus to strengthen that? Maybe that would help?
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:20 pm

I don't remember ever being able to do things like that, although I've always had the gift of foresight. I was very young when I started forcing myself not to experience it anymore.

I've always had a vivid imagination, and when I first entered Paganism, I found that most of my skills still revolve around the "quieter" skills of spirit manipulation and foresight. The most interesting and dangerous thing I did was trying to bring a spirit of someone dead to our world. I succeed and proceeded to learn care before even trying something like that again.

I don't know how to help you strengthen your skills... but simply trying to use them again will help a lot.

There was a wonderful candle meditation I got off of witchvox a while ago, the goal, being that you're trying to light a candle with your mind. I can send you this if you'd like. I find that it truely helps with focus, and since you're attemping to work on energy, perhaps trying with a "physical" energy would help?

Let me know, keep us updated, and good luck.

Remember, no negative manifestation! You're simply not allowed, you hear me?! [-( :hug:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:35 pm

Negative manifestation - you mean my back and finances? :-"

What I'm going to be doing is practicing and my own energy stuff, but for some reason I didn't even think of actually meditating to help. Thanks, Kystar, and good to know I'm not the only one.

Thanks also, Kitsune!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:40 am

My one sister-in-spirit thought that it was a fluke for me...as my energy was maturing with my body, things flashed out of whack b/c, well, puberty does that. Since it only happened sporadically over the course of two years, then never worked again, I have to agree with her.

Though, during that time my farsight was extremely powerful. I used to play a game with a friend, on the phone, I'd never been to her house, but I could describe the details of what she was concentrating on when we were talking. Happened by accident when she was distracted by her radio not working, and turned into a game. I did it to two other friends, one whose house I'd never been to, never seen pics of; the other had their house totally changed because their parents repainted and shifted who got what room. I wasn't as good at broadcasting to them, because they could only get a vague image of what I was focused on. It actually creeped my one friend out big time.

That ability is faded too, since I stopped using it. I think I basically traded them in for the ability to dreamwalk and astralwalk. Since these are the fairly strong abilities I have now. There must be balance.

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:55 am

While I have never moved anything, I did and still do have prophetic dreams. This gift was much stronger when I was in my teens and while its still there it is less than it was. One weird thing though, it got much stronger when I was pregnant :?:

I have never found a way to strengthen it through will or intent and while meditation has left me more open to receiving 'things' it hasn't made things more clear or increased my ability.

I suppose thats not really helpful but oh well.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:01 am

Actually, it's not at all uncommon for pregnant women and new mothers to have premonitions and prophecies. One hypothesis states that this is because the veils are thinner to this woman as the babe's spirit is incarnating. Often this gift carries on long after the baby is born in regards to the child. Actually, there is a cord connected at the navel at birth, much like the umbilical cord, that sticks around all your life. Its health and strength depends on your relationship with the child/mom. This is one of the reasons it's common to know when your child (or mom) is in trouble, or upset, etc.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:07 am

Thanks Crazy...I always wondered why.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:02 am

Well, I've never actually felt anything like that with my mother. But then our relationship is strained at best. :-?

Our natural abilities are very interesting...

Hmm, I wonder why we all seem to lose the ability as adults... A product of society, or a psycological change in ourselves when we reach adulthood do you think?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:17 am

Actually, losing abilities at adolescence is a common theme. Puberty seems to be the reason. I think it has to do with our social development more than anything, though. Many children see colours and auras and spirits without any thought that others cannot. As they grow older, they learn it's not the case either directly or indirectly, and as attention shifts from play and make-believe to body changes and the other gender, many abilities slip away. That's one hypothesis, anyway. I lost the ability to see auras, etc, for a while because of this, but the psychokinesis didn't fade until later teens - about 16 - when I let them, because I kept working with it.
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:29 am

Intersting, I have sometimes wondered if psychokenesis only works when you aren't trying, like somehow concentrating to hard makes it not work at all, because sometimes things around me move that just shouldn't.

CHL hugs about your back, :GHug: one of the worst injuries ever and I will say a little prayer for some healing. As for the energy thing, I have twin sisters and they sometimes feel each others pains or have dreams about each other and then have to call only to find out the other had the same nightmare or was in a very dangerous situation. I think I had a dream/vision about what one of my children will look like, we will see when I actually have kids. And I think I have had a dream about my sisters that predicted big change int heir lives that came true.

Energy is a wierd wierd thing.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:51 am

Oh wow, neat story, Willow! There's a lot to twins...

Here's an interesting experiment that I practiced a lot as a kid:

Dust a baking pan with flour, and carefully place random small objects in the pan. Coins, die, items that mean something to you, stones, etc. Cover with glass and place in an area in your bedroom where it will not be disturbed (placing on a folded towel also protects from rogue vibrations). You might want to place in the area of your choice and THEN put the articles in.

When you wake up the next morning, you'll probably be surprised at the little trails in the flour behind these articles!

In my experiments, items that meant a lot to me travelled furthest, and it also depended on my quality of sleep and my dreams. A real mind-boggler is when you have a trail, and no item O_O Be sure to count your items, as this had me thinking someone had been sneaking into my room when it had only moved to a different part of the pan without leaving a trail. (Above the flour, I'm guessing).

I made the connection early on between psychokinesis and sleep. In the morning, I could make all the plants in the house shake and dance almost violently at once, but in the afternoon or at night, strings were the largest thing I could move and twist. Mood also has an impact.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:12 am

If I didn't have two very curious cats, I'd try that exercise, CHL!

Unfortunately, my girls would think I created a new game for them, and we'd have flour kitty paw prints all over the house!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:46 am

Kystar, that is adorable. I'd almost suggest doing it just to hear about the pawprints...

And Willow, I forgot to say thank you for the hugs about my back :) Thank you very much :hug:
Crazy Healer Lady

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:20 am

Oh, believe me, if we had hardwood floors in this house, I would...b/c that would be amusing.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:42 am

CHL---NP

Hmm, I mght have the same problem with my little kitties, maybe if I locked it in a closet.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)