Past Life Meditations

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Past Life Meditations

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:18 pm

Okay, so for reasons I'd rather not jump into directly (not from any inability to trust you guys, but rather from a need to figure something out for myself before I go blathering it about), I really need a personal meditation for finding out about my past lives...

Now I really should already have this knowledge, but I've always said that it's this life that is important, and not what I've already been through that matters... So here I am, with a desire to find out more about my pasts, and I have no knowledge on how to do so...

Soooooo, Any advice would be helpful! :-D

Don't suppose anyone here happens to know an actual Shinto priest or priestess as well, would they? :roll: ;) Yeah, I know... Only that crazy Kitsune could connect these two topics, huh? :lol: #-o :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:55 pm

Can't help you with the Shinto Priest.
As for the other, sorry about that too. This is not the answer you want to hear. Delving into past lives can be full of mistakes. What I mean is it takes a long time to develop the necessary introspective skills. You have to go really, I mean really, deep into your heart to find this knowledge.
One; If you are not truly well balanced that can have a damn uncomfortable effect.
Two; Going that deep doesn't get done overnight. If you need accurate information it will take a long time and more than one meditation to take you into that part of yourself.
Don't be fooled it's not easy and it's not fast. Any short-cuts are the path to self-delusion.
Take care and Goddess Bless.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:10 am

With the Daibanjo's advisory in mind...

When you bring yourself into a meditative state for a specific purpose, if you are not ready or there are blockages, your "results" may be disappointing. However, state your intent to the Divine in the manner of your belief system, that you wish to uncover past lives for the sake of clearing them. You're right: It's this life that matters. Past lives do not come up for the ego, whether you were a princess or a slave with a world of horrid things that happened to them.

The thing about past lives is that it is necessary to remain objective. It's very unpleasant to bring them up when you are feeling them first-person - although sometimes it is also necessary to mourn. When you start feeling the pain of death - if part of the wounding was to do with that death - step outside of the experience immediately and will yourself to experience it objectively.

The other thing is that at first you may only get very small glimpses, or ideas about what has once happened. You may very well get a movie screen in front of your eyes, but it's actually not that common.

Another point to remember is that past lives are another one of those tricky subjects. Technically, we've lived every life that has ever been lived, etc etc. Not only this, but sometimes wounding that has happened in this life takes the form of past lives in our meditations in order to be fully understood, contemplated, healed, and cleared.

All right, enough of that. You wanted an actual meditation.

Set up lots of protection, my dear, and ask for the presence, aid, and protection of your allies. Bring yourself into a deep meditative state. From here you can ask that you be shown one of your past lives - or you can beat around the bush and distract the chatterbox mind further. Bring yourself into a beautiful garden, and see every detail, the colours, the flowers, the scents, the breeze, the pathwork, and a little creek running through. At the centre is a fountain, with a pool of water used for scrying. Look into this, and make offerings if you wish. Ask to be shown - or will yourself to see - an event in a past life that is ready to be known, healed, and cleared right now, the lessons integrated. When you're done, make a big deal of brushing yourself off, of brushing off the past, and come out of your meditation. Really focus on your physical body - bring yourself back in. Food helps, but really bring your awareness to your head, your neck, shoulders, back, stomach, hips, legs, knees, calves, feet.

I've purposefully left this rather general - I have a feeling you'll do much tweaking to suit your self ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:45 am

I will have to completly agree with CHL that wounds felt in this life do present themselves as past lives. This has been my experience with past life work. I am convinced now that I never actually saw my past.
To note: I always went to a professional to assist me with past life work since it was never something I felt comforable on my own. They were, at the time, much better at putting up good protections than I was.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:29 pm

Thank you for your help everyone...

I know I won't be able to see it clearly for quite a while, but I've recently had a problem from one smack me in the face. Since I've always shied away from the knowledge (afraid that I didn't have any at first, and now with the knowledge that I almost certainly won't like what I find), I've never had anything to do with it, even when offered the information.

I know that it will take time and effort, but I do feel that I must at least try.

More and more lately, I have had the issues of past lives come up. In particular, the lifetime which needs to be looked at, I know that I lived in Japan, and that I was a Priestess.

When another issue came up, and I felt I needed Protection and aid, one of my guides approached me, and I saw kanji symbols. I don't remember all of them, but they felt very natural to use, and I remembered using them before, which is why I would like to find out more about the Shinto Religion... My guide said that this imagary is what I have almost always used... And in most of glimpses of past lives that I have had, nearly all of them have been in Asian countries, if not in Japan itself (I don't know how I know, but in the small visions I get, I alway "know" where I am, if it's important, probally because I knew where I was #-o Darn it, I hate answering my own questions while posting :roll: :lol: ). Unfortunately Shinto is not a very popular religion in Calgary, thus I know no one who actually is Shinto.

Thank you for all your help thus far, and any further advice you have will definately be appreiciated! [-o<
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Not to burst your bubble but, it is highly unlikely that you were female clergy in this culture. Perhaps this is a masculine side to yourself?
Females were allowed to be temple girls but never priestess....

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:27 am

There can be priestess's in Shinto, they simply usually take the term of Priest, which doesn't have a solely male connotation in Japan. It doesn't happen often however. I think that you are thinking of Miko, the Shine Maiden, who had to be female. Here is what I found on Wikipedia about it.
The miko tradition dates back to the ancient eras of Japan. In ancient times, women who went into trances and conveyed prophecy or the words of the gods were called miko, not unlike the Oracle at Delphi of ancient Greece.

Later, miko were young female attendants at Shinto shrines. They were often the daughter(s) of the priest who presided over a given shrine. Roles of the miko included performing in ceremonial dances (miko-mai) and assisting priests in various ceremonies, especially weddings. The tradition continues and today miko can be found at many Shinto shrines. In modern times most miko are part-time employees or volunteers. Their duties include assisting with shrine functions, performing ceremonial dances, offering Omikuji (a type of fortune telling), and staffing shrine shops.

It is somewhat difficult to assign a strict definition or English equivalent to the Japanese word "miko", though "shrine maiden" is most often used. Other terms that have been used as equivalents are prophet, medium, priestess, nun, witch, or sorceress. It should be noted that although Shinto has female priests—the term "priestess" is not used in Shinto—they are not the same as miko: miko do not have the same degree of authority as that of an actual priest, although they can serve as the senior cleric of a shrine if no priest is available. The unique exception to this is that in ancient times, the prophecy revealed by miko was considered to be handed down directly from the kami (spirits).

Theoretically, miko were required to be virgins, however, exceptions have historically been made when one is imbued with a strong character. It is probably true that when a woman who was serving as a miko married, she abandoned her duties at the shrine in order to be with her husband and new family. This rule has since been mostly removed in modern times, though most still leave the service of the shrine or training for the priesthood should they wed.

The attire of a miko (traditionally and still worn today) consists of hakama, a kimono shirt, and tabi. Occasionally miko wear a thin white haori called "chihaya". The hakama is usually red, but other colors are not unheard of. The kimono shirt has long, wide sleeves and is always white, as white is a symbol of purity. White or red ribbons often adorn a miko's hair.
Not that I would mind being male, and I'm certain that I have been before. I can't imagine having all my past lives the same sex... That would be an unreasonable co-incidence, IMO. :lol:

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:41 pm

Kitsune; I can promise you that if this is a time to know Shinto you will. There are a couple of Japanese festivals coming up. "Tanabata" usually occurs around the first weekend in July and "Bon" is in the middle of August. If there is a Japanese community anywhere near you they will be celebrating and tou'll be sure to meet someone who, at least, knows about Shinto. If it feels right and does indeed belong to a previous life then you'll get that familiar feeling and you'll kmow what to do.
I believe CHL knows you far better than I. Please let me clarify what I was saying in my first post.
Prior lives are forgotten by us. Their effect and influence is still with us but on a very deep level. It stands to reason that to reach those levels requires us to go to that inner depth. That is why I suggest you move with caution. It is not for those who are in any way psychologically or emotionally unstable. I'm not trying to offend or upset it just that I don't know you and I don't know how you would re-act. For instance, what if you couldn't control your viewing and you had to face the manner of your death? can you handle that?
This is why it is better sometimes to have someone with you who can assist and guide your meditation. If CHL or someone else you trust is in a position to help it would be better than on your own.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:20 pm

I'm sorry, I have been in an aggressive mood lately.

I haven't taken offense, and I am sincerly sorry if I have given offense.

I would vastly prefer to have somebody help me with this, it's true... I simply don't know any pagans in the area who are more stable than me that could help.

I know Pagans that could help, but they would not be able to stabilize me if I wasn't able to handle it. I know Pagans that would be able to stabilize me in a second, but they don't know how to even help with past lives or meditations in general.

It's a conundrum for me... And I do refuse to do this unsafely, which is why I'm looking for information now, so that I can have the time to search calmly for the answer when I'm not in such emotional duress.

Gah, this really is the straw that broke the camels back at this point. In the past 3 weeks, I've lost 2 good friends, had a ritual that supercharged me unnecesarily and then to make it worse, had these past life issues jump in my face.

I just want to rest right now... But, since my issue won't let me rest, until I gain my calm back, I'm simply doing research, I promise. I refuse to do something like this without the proper precautions first. Thank you for your concern, and I'm sorry if I've been worrying you all.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:59 am

If you're up for it, in August when I am there I can help you out a bit. I am learning a new technique which is specific to past lives. It's over a month away, and it may not be the best time because of all the craziness going on (btw - I would *not* do it beforehand - the last thing you need is to be healing in the middle of your handfasting!!). I'm not sure that after is a good idea, either, but it would depend on what the universe has to say and your own process.

Otherwise, I can help you out as I can distantly
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:58 pm

Thank you Crazy...

Yes, the handfasting would not be a wonderful time to do it. :lol:

On the other hand... Grimwell sent an entire night just working at getting me back to normal (working on a physical level, so at least I'm sound there), so I'm doing much better.

Hopefully a few more days, and no more nasty surprises and I'll be my "normal" self again.

I think right now I honestly just want to sleep until it's all over... Or at least until my body has healed.

Like I said, I'm not in a rush to do it immediately, I want to make certain I'm off my high... Perhaps long distance is the way to do it (although not my best choice... :-? )

Once again, thank you all for your concern. I'm so sorry I worried you all.