Bad Omens

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Bad Omens

Post by Mahala » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:45 pm

I had a dream the other night, and wasn't sure what it was about. I was doing what I usually do, surfing the web, and I went to Myspace. To my crushe's profile. There was no profile left, just a message. Before all of this, I could remember going back, could remember seeing what had happened. But as I read the message it all came back. Some gruesome happening had killed this friend and I had witnessed. I felt empty... sad... and then I woke up. I had to turn the TV on and think and worry for twenty minutes - It was too real...

I wake up today, and go and read my REAL Myspace bulletins. My friend, the one I imagined as dead, was leaving a note to tell us that he (and his gang. I never knew, and never agreed to this... but I can't tell him off now.) Were going to fight. If he didn't return in two days, he was either dead, in juvie, or something else. I was calm, but I left a message telling him not to get messed up. I'm hoping my dreams are not as accurate a prophesy as they sometimes are, when I rarely have them like such...

My problem is how can I learn to better, and more quickly understand dreams? I once dreamt my own death but it was months before it ever came to pass. I wished I'd known what the dream meant sooner; I could have delayed him just a little to talk sense to him... #-o

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:21 pm

This may just be the way my world works, but sometimes dreams and prophecies aren't clear-cut, especially dreams, which often work off of fears and the Shadow of yoursef.

I hope your friend is ok [-o< If he is, give him a good punch in the face and tell him to smarten his act up.

How to get better in tune with your dreams? Keep a dream journal, know (continually, it's a process) your shadows, and just keep doing what you're doing.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:01 pm

I've never had luck unraveling the predictions and premonitions in my dreams, unless they were direct messages from my guide...and even then...it was a 50-50 chance of me forgetting on waking.

Then again, my dreams tend to be where my story-plots unravel for testing before I write the silly things...so I guess it's hard for me to separate a plot from a premonition.

Dream journal is a useful item...and also creating an association's list for yourself...mainly go through and say...What does this symbol/animal/image say to me on an instinctual level (sort of those inkblot tests...1st thing to pop into mind), and how does that relate to what they mean in traditional mythology, divination, and dream interpretation? Then, when the images pop up in your dreams, you can refer to that and see what might imply what.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:24 am

Only you can learn to interpret your own dreams, there are guides but ultimately knowledge comes from you and other that know you. I have posted really strange dreams on here before and some of what people says has helped, sometimes it has not.

I agree about the dream diary though, look at it in the context of what else is going on in your life and you may start to see patterns
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:47 pm

He made it back fine, but I'm still very mad at him for not telling me earlier. I think sometimes I'm more adept at picking up warnings than other times. I do have a dream diary, but when I get the time to write them out, I've nearly forgotten them. I'll work on getting them in faster though, maybe I should watch them more closely.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:24 am

It's always a good idea to write them out immediately after having them. Try setting your alarm 15m earlier to give you time in the morning, and a lamp at your bedside so you can write them out in the middle of the night if you happen to awake from them.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:30 pm

Mahala, I have to ask this.
What are you doing hanging with some guy who is in a gang and is, apparently, quite casual about the fact that he is going into a fight where he might end up dead or in trouble with the law?
It sounds to me like a nice girl is in a bad neighborhood.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:39 pm

daibanjo wrote:Mahala, I have to ask this.
What are you doing hanging with some guy who is in a gang and is, apparently, quite casual about the fact that he is going into a fight where he might end up dead or in trouble with the law?
It sounds to me like a nice girl is in a bad neighborhood.
Would second that. Could not have said it better.

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:30 pm

Yeah, I wonder about that too. But think of it like this... he's been my friend for the greater part of a year now, and we're really close. He's just never said anything about being in this gang, because "Our town is really pretty quiet, we don't fight much anyways..." (He's out of state, though we met in my city.)

#-o I'm still mad at him though. But the thing is... I can't just sluff him off like some disease, and I haven't yet found a way to let him know that I'm not going to approve of his bull forever. But the 'relationship' is a bit deeper than friends... I dunno. It's one of those greater good stories. Either I can fall in with him and end up in all sorts of trouble or I can lose a friend who's got the biggest crush on me. I'd be tempted to go the whole nine yards and make him hate me so that he won't talk to me and make me feel any worse. Grrr, I hate teen years.

Back on topic... I have a journal, but I rarely have lamps around. My cat broke three of them by pushing them off my desk. I could just use my journal, but I dislike using pens, though that's all I've got. I'll figure something out.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:23 am

Mahala, you'll figure out what is best for your situation, but if I have learned anything, it's best to be 100% honest in any relationship, friend or love, and to be honest ASAP. Otherwise, it tends to spiral.

Just some advice from Crazy HL on the PL.
Crazy Healer Lady

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:50 am

I had a dream once where I heard my mothers voice say, "He just got fired today."
Soon after that dream my Brother was fired from work.

We precieve time as linear....it is not always so when using the sixth sence (or whatever you call it).
I would argue that you were not picking up the outcome but the initial emotion felt when reading his post. Odd how these things work.

Teen Years is about learning these things. You will learn that sometimes a toxic relationship is not worth just having a relationship.
Just tossing my two pennies into the pot here.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:15 pm

Toxic relationships from my Teen (and on) years... :roll:

Please don't get me started on it.

And Mahala, keep in mind that honesty is the best policy, and I'd just keep you out of it.

Let him gamble with his own life, but don't let him drag you into it. On the other hand, next time he puts up such a stupid post you could tell the local authorities... When he comes back home safe, child services will insist on talking to him, his parents, and everyone he knows to find out when these "suicidal" tendencies began.

If he's simply doing it for the kick, that'll scare him off it. :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Well I'm going to stick around, but I estimate that by the end of the month I'll have that all wrapped up. He's been through a rough time and he's been lying and that alone makes me question his loyalties...

So far no more funny dreams though. other than a very odd one about me and a friend I know having had eight kids. (WAY too many, I don't want any at all really.)

~~ Well, I had a talk with him. He said to me that he could give up the gang bit if needed, so I can sleep in security now... now just to tie up the other hundreds of nagging worries! Namely one horse who needs more lovin'...~~