Tarot cards

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Tarot cards

Post by Paganlight » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi everyone - sorry for the prolonged absence (yet again!) but I now have a question regarding a pack of tarot cards I've just bought. I'm not getting any bad vibes from them, in fact they feel right for me, but my friend says that when she's in the same room as them she gets a feeling - she says she feels an oppressive 'evil' presence (to use her words). I was wondering if anyone here could shed light on this, and could give me any advice. I'm putting them through a cleansing ritual now, and have also raised a psychic shiled around them, and she says that feeling has eased, but not passed.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:34 pm

She could have an "allergy", for lack of a better word, to the design and the symbolism used in the design of the deck, not that specific deck itself.

I, personally, get queasy when I am in contact with the Rider-Waite deck design. I can look at the images in a book or on the web, but physically being in the presence of that deck makes my stomach heave. I don't even have to touch it...just in the same room.

You might want to figure out if she'll react to another copy of that deck style, maybe in a store (unowned, no energy imprint), or if it's specific to your deck only.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:45 pm

I agree with Kystar. Also, take the deck to a few other friends or acquaintances of yours who are sensitive to energy. See what their impressions are.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:00 am

Thanks, you two! I think you're probably right, Kystar, though she doesn't think so! I think I will, CHL, there's another sensitive friend of ours, and I'll take them to him, see if he can sense anything from them.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:03 pm

OK, this is bizzare....

My friend did a meditation over the cards, and it seems like the pack is haunted, though it's somehow managing to hide it from me. I used my animal oracle cards to do a reading, and it seems like the cards have come to me to teach me a lesson, something about spiritual boundaries. Exactly what his lesson is, I don't know, nor will he let my friend tell me. But I don't know how to find out what his lesson is. But every time I think about the cards now, I feel sick - strange, since I felt nothing like that when I first bought them. But how can I discover what the lesson is?

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:52 pm

I have a question for you, Paganlight, and I don't want you to get offended or anything.

How often have you felt that this particular friend has been right about this sort of thing?
Did you have any bad feelings PERSONALLY about the deck before other people insisted something was wrong with it?

I'm only asking b/c I had a "friend" (Yes, the one who fought every entity that passed her by and insisted she was being hunted & haunted by a sister from a past life) claim that a ring I made from a horseshoe nail I found in my grandparents' basement was cursed. She tried to attach a spiritual history to something that didn't have the history she claimed...and was adamant that I toss it into a river. No matter that I told her I made the ring...and that the nail had NEVER been used.

So, I'm curious if this is a friend whose instincts you would unquestionably trust, or someone who might be looking more into this issue than is needed.

Also, if it's "inhabiting" a tarot deck, maybe the lesson to be learned is IN the tarot deck...after all, the Greater Arcana actually represents the spiritual growth needed for Enlightenment, if some scholars are to be believed. Maybe you can lay out the deck and see WHICH card is most strongly "possessed" so you can see what the "lesson" of that card is...what you might need to learn.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:23 pm

I have the same feeling as Kystar. I'd get another opinion.

Perhaps that is part of your lesson?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:41 am

No offence taken at all, Kystar.

To answer your questions - pretty often. She and I have quite a deep level of trust between us, and I do certaintly trust her with this sort of thing.

As for the cards - I wasn't getting negative energies from them when I bought them, but after the first time I used them I felt sick and had a headache. It was after that she told me how she felt about the cards. I'll take your advice, though.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:48 am

Since you used them after people were telling you they were "evil" and "haunted", I would say it affected your energy perception of them.

The "power of suggestion"?

If you trust the one who said they're haunted, then meditate with them, lay them out and see if you can get the spirit to give you the message it needs to. Maybe then, it can release and leave.

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:22 pm

I also don't want to offend you but I'd like to point out something else.
There's a tendency amongst people, particularly young people, to offer opinions in a way they never would have before they became interested in the occult. For example; If you bought something, coat, shoes, whatever and you had a friend who didn't care for them very much. Your friend would either say so or avoid saying anything if she/he thought it would hurt your feelings.
In the Pagan community there is a tendency to replace natural opinions with "The vibes are wrong" or "There's something negative emanating" or phrases of that sort. It all sounds mystical and is far less threatening to the person making the opinion than simply saying "I don't like that"
I've gone a long way around but what I'm saying is don't get so caught up that you fail to see it's only an opinion after all. :-)
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:04 pm

I was about to write something with the same thought as Daibanjo but, he got the jump on it.

I will add this however:

Different people resonate with different energies. I have a friend who is deeply bothered by Tibetian Monk energy creations.
There is The Universal Light Expo here in Columbus, Ohio that occurs annually and they ship in the Monks (now living in India) every year. They even send their wares to raise money.
He just cannot tolerate their energy.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:15 am

Thanks, everyone! She's gone back home, and I'm spending this weekend just sorting out my room, and since it's Litha doing a spiritual cleanse as well, so I'll spend some time with the cards. You're probably completely right that I was picking up negative enegies because of her, especially since I'm empathic, so I could have been picking up her residue negative feelings about the cards.

Daibanjo - it's really hard to offend me, don't worry. And actually, what you said makes total sense.