"Seeing things"

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

"Seeing things"

Post by Windwalker » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi all. I haven't been around much, not even sure why.

Anyway, in the last couple of weeks I keep seeing things out of the corner of my eye. I jump and turn and there's nothing there. And of course a part of me thinks it's just my eyes playing tricks but it's been happening way too often lately. Usually I see a ginger cat, and as I have a ginger cat, I just figured my mind expected him to be there, and he wasn't.

But the other day I was away at my cousins' holiday home in Taupo, and I was in the bathroom and turned and I saw this guy in blue overalls hanging from a noose. His eyes were all bulgy and his face was a very unattractive colour.

I'm beginning to think it might be a little more than my eyes playing tricks.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:59 pm

Sounds like you're getting glimpses of either energy echoes or a spirit realm.

The cat thing could be that it was there briefly, but moved...and it's aura or energy was still imprinted on the location for a second.

The hanged man is just spooky and sounds like a ghostly apparition or a echo of a death.

Residual energy in a location can cause this...or you're inner sight is open more than usual.

Have you tried a divination/guidance meditation to see if there is a reason for your images?
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:18 am

Seeing things for me is usually fine. We often have visitors. The downside to this is that I have to do regular clearings to get many moving along. This, and my wards to keep the bad ones out. But, everywhere we go, Chris and I seem to draw all sorts. Of course the ones you recognize most easily are the ones that will DO something.

If they make me feel spooky, I get irritated and make them leave. If they mess with me or show me something awful in my own home, I get right P-O'd. Somewhere other than my home, and I am sympathetic and respectful.

I agree with Kystar in that it seems you are getting glimpses of other realms. I have noticed a fair amount of activity as of late, so maybe it's a collective momentary thinning of the veils, as so often happens. However, when you are sensitive to these things (not in an emo sense, but sensitive, like how sensitive teeth will detect sugar better than others) it is a good idea to make sure your energy systems are well balanced, strengthened, and over all you have some protection.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:10 am

I'm sorry but what you said reminded me of a tv show... I don't know if you've seen it or not, it's called "the Ghost Whisperer".

But, I agree with the above. It's probably an echo of their image, or something... unless he starts sending you messages... then you gotta figure out what he's trying to say.
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:35 pm

Strange that you would mention that, Crazy... Actually I've been seeing glimpes more often too, although, I must admit, I found years ago that seeing constantly left my younger self disturbed a bit, so I "turned it off", and haven't really tried to use Sight that often since.

But lately, I have been seeing glimpes as well, generally just aura's, no ghosts for me yet. As well, I've been getting more "feelings" and divinatory glimpses as well... More creatures stopping by to say hello when they get a chance and I'm not home (since I promised Grimwell, no summoning in the house :lol: ). Perhaps the world is awakening, and it's not just a temporary opening. After all, it would take years for the world to re-awake after so long asleep, right?

As always, all of your thoughts are appreiciated! :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:53 pm

Remember we DID Fire the Grid ;)

I'm noticing huge changes, not necessarily post-Fire-The-Grid. Maybe I am naive, but it seems the world IS waking up. I keep saying that generations that even five years ago deemed all that we are doing as either damnable or a lie or craziness, are doing the exact same thing!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Scathach
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scathach » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:09 am

Im VERY much having the same sorts of things going on. I'm living in a building that has a reputation of being haunted, a large number of people have died here, more than usual. I friend of mine was found dead the day that I moved in. They literally carried him out in front of me. I had lived in this building before with my late partner who had died of cancer. We moved in because it was convenient to the hospital, and the rent is very reasonable. For that reason, a number of people who are quite ill have lived in the building, and a number of people, my partner included, have died here.

The phenomenon is the same with me, I see people out of the corner of my eye. The interesting thing is that one of them wears the same clothing always. It's a plaid shirt, always the same color. Strange things have been heard here, odd noises and the like.

Doesn't disturb me much, I've definitely done some extensive energy work on my apartment though. It was very oppressive when I moved in. It's much better now, but still needs some more work.....
-Z. deScathach of the Backwater Pinetree Node

Scathach
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scathach » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:14 am

Kitsune wrote: Perhaps the world is awakening, and it's not just a temporary opening. After all, it would take years for the world to re-awake after so long asleep, right?
I think your very much correct. I've always attributed it to the magickal revival. Think about it, when in history have THIS many people had access to magickal training? More people are practicing magick than ever before in history. That HAS to be creating changes and activating things. Makes me wonder where it will all end up.........

Oh, and sorry for the multiple posts, I've been over at a forum where you don't have the ability to edit your posts, so I've forgotten that I can unify my posts into one here! I will strive to do better!
-Z. deScathach of the Backwater Pinetree Node

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:44 pm

I'm fine with there being ghosts about, and honestly I'm fine with them looking all manky if that's what they REALLY want to look like, but I'd rather they didn't sulk in the corners of my vision and give me a fright. I swear, if it was a ghost - and I think it may have been - he was intentionally trying to scare me.

Dunno about the cat. We used to have a ghost cat here but I was sure it had moved on. Maybe my little Sam just has a big personality. Or maybe he's sending mental images at me. "FEED ME. PREPARE THE FOOD, I SHALL RETURN ANON."
He pulled another cat's claw out of his paw the other day. No idea how it got there. He's such a little trooper.

Thanks for the input, guys! When I'm feeling a little better I'll Journey on it and ask for assistance.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:54 pm

My mom's dog does similar things as the cat when I visit her. I will see the dog out of the corner of my eye and she will not be there. Perhaps both animals have a very strong imprint? *shrugs*

As for the vision of the ghost, it could be anything.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.