Messages into the past?

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:07 pm

I've made mistakes in my day and have pissed off my patron diety before.
Simply, I worked through them. One of the 13 goals of a witch is to "know thyself."
Imo many things in our lives can be handled mundanely (ie. Without magick). Sometimes this is the best solution.

When I made mistakes I sat down and worked though my issues. This process also includes learning why we decided upon the path that was taken. Again, "know thyself" became the key.

In your situation, perhaps going to a professional therapist would be key. This would help work through the issues on a mundane level. Perhaps a good idea would for you and your partner to got to a relationship therapist?
I say this because Magick would just cover up the issues and not solve them. Much like how advil will take away the pain of a migrane but not the cause of the migrane. You need to get to the root of things. To go along with the example: The migrane could be there due to a tumor.

I hope what I wrote is understandable since I am hopped up on cold meds.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Scathach
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scathach » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:02 am

Daibanjo is correct in that you need someone who is trusted to help you work through these issues. Still, I feel that it is necessary to say that the working ,that you are considering will not work for this type of situation, because it is not capable of correcting this type of problem. Certain workings work for certain things. A retroactive enchantment is not capable of correcting this situation because you've made numerous decisions that have led up to your present situation, and trying to retroactively enchant youreslf would tear out a huge part of what makes you you. Trust me, in this situation, it's not the way to go...... it will only make things worse in all probability.

One thing that is important to remember is tha the worst time to make a decision about a risky and dangerous working is when you are in a confused state in your life. That's when mistakes happen that can be very hard to correct.

Your relationship with the ALL can be repaired, your self can be repaired. Your life can get better, but you need to focus on getting your life straightened away before engaging in high caliber magick. There is no shame in that. We all have hard times, we all go through difficulties. You can get through this. If you are in a toxic relationship you may need help to get out of that. There are a lot of helping professionals out there that can give you a hand. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

The secret to changing this around is not to make a retoactive enchantment, it's to start making new decisions now, and there are people that can help you with that.

Best of Wishes for You,
Zee
-Z. deScathach of the Backwater Pinetree Node

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:19 am

Honestly, I did want to mention seeing some form of therapist, but figured that others would mention that...so I'd just pop out the other stuff.

Truth is a powerful motivator when faced head-on without any of the shadows we place over her to make her look prettier to our eyes.

And part of seeking help is knowing that you have a problem and admitting that you can't solve it alone.

Good luck.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:52 pm

Definately see a therapist, and perhaps something along the lines of an Alcohol dependency group...

I'm not a professional therapist, so I don't want to give the impression that I am, but you should certainly try to get your life on track.

Stay in School, get the help you need, and stay safe, okay?

As for magic... I wouldn't suggest spells right now, but perhaps a ritual or two to help you take your first steps towards making this right would help.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:22 am

This debate is an example of the "Downside" to being Pagan in this day and age. A member of a more mainstream religion has a whole support system in place. Be it Priest or Pastor they can help or they have access to resources that can counsel and guide practically and spiritually.
Like most Pqagans I have an aversion to organized religion and the pushing of dogma. However, myself and some others have become very aware of this shortcoming in our community. There needs to be a way for people facing serious emotional dificulties to find the guidance they need.
It's a path filled with potential pitfalls but as Fortvilet shows us, it's a service we must find a way to provide.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:49 pm

Honestly, I would love to take the lessons to become a professional therapist to help, but it's way too expensive...

But I agree Daibanjo, we definately need more pagan counselors to and clergy to help us out... sometimes it's just very theraputic to have somebody to talk to.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews