Feedback...

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Feedback...

Post by Kystar » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:10 am

...okay this a going to sound REALLY strange to some, perhaps...but I need a little advice. Or maybe a different approach to this?

My twin-in-spirit and I have a problem...and it comes from one too many energy-meshing joint meditation sessions (some with the focus of sharing Past Life Memories). See, sometimes we broadcast our emotions to each other, despite being in other states! And with it comes some energy. (Unreasonable crying fits...random panic attacks...aura flares w/no justification, these sorts of things. Usually, we managed to figure out in hindsight who blasted who and why...but it's getting deucedly annoying!)

I basically call it feedback...but I'm not sure how to control it. Twin seems to think that mental/emotional walls directed at the other seems to work, but I have a nasty habit of bashing her walls down...and she tends to just swamp mine. We always tend to have a sense of our power elements when we meditate...and it seems to have bled over too...so she's Water and I'm usually Air...though I can use water too. I guess we use the sense of the element to find and control our energies...but, I digress.

Do any of you lovely Reiki people have an idea to keep this from getting worse? I know you guys have some experience with Energy manipulation...so I was hoping someone had an answer...that I could share with Twin so that we have a better handle on this.

Thanks in advance!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:23 pm

What you are experiencing is a heightened form of Empathy. It may well be more than that but empathy is itself a very powerful force. Possibly even more so if you have it narrowed to an individual.
Empathy can also be heightened when you are involved with others at a high plane. Those who do Tarot or healing also experience an empathy for the person they are interacting with. Sometimes putting up a shield can have the opposite effect to what you desire because such fields affirm the strength of the energy directed at you. The answer is more on the lines of letting the energy pass through you without effect.
Try this;
Find something that you can truly admire and enjoy. What is your favorite flower, for example. If not a live flower in your home, do you have a picture or painting? Live is best but a picture will do until you can get a flower. The point is it must be something that strikes you as beautiful. Not a person or animal. This is for a plant or Rock.
Then every morning make a practice of looking at it and spending a little time just enjoying it's beauty until you can feel your warmth flowing to this object. Allow the natural,positive feelings you have just to move towards the plant.
That's it. Forget about it the rest of the day if you want. Just remember to do that every morning and you should be OK :-)
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:28 pm

The first thing that is coming to me is that you both need to ground your energies. In times of increased stress and emotion, send your energies downward, not flying out. Same as when you are overwhelmed by the others' energy. Take it, and ground it. Send it down down. Mother Earth can take it. We send lots of love, too. In this, stay solid. Ground your self as well. I want to give other advice but I keep hearing "Ground ground ground!!!"

I also would say you need to cut some of the cords you share. Ah, don't panic! This is not cutting your connection to one another! Cut the bad ones, and heal the healthy ones. This is not emphasized as much, but once again, the grounding. Use this term in all ways possible. "Ground yourself. Ground the energies. Ground the wards. Ground the bubble around you. Ground the tar out of eachother." Wow... strange message.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Dark Waters » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:55 pm

I agree with CHL.

When excess energies abound
take and send them down

not the greatest of rhymes but solid advice.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:02 pm

Thanks for the responses.

I think the biggest problem in this situation is not so much the energy flow...though that IS an issue. I guess I wasn't clear enough...it's the emotional feedback that comes from our tight connection.

Grounding can only work if I'm conscious that the emotions aren't coming from me, but rather are originating in my Twin-In-Spirit (and Past). Because as things stand, if she feeds back to me...or I radiate to her...it's subconscious and it's not always easy to identify as feedback from the other. (For example, she had a panic attack right about when I was getting put under to get my teeth pulled...and didn't realize until about two hours later that she was actually responding to MY fear, despite the fact that I grounded myself out that AM and locked my mind down as tight as I could.)

I'm simply looking to see if there's a way to look at this differently than attempting to build "Defenses" that allow me to block her and thus ground her out without her affecting me. Our first response was a set of mental walls to basically keep our own emotions on our side of things, and allow the other's emotions to drop away...but it seems to be too static of an idea. It's not like either of us want to get up every morning and build a metaphorical or metaphysical wall in the back of our head!

I try to ground myself multiple times during the day (usually when I wash my hands, actually)...but Twin isn't as strong in her energy work...so she's not as good at grounding herself out. In fact, the last time she actually did a full grounding of her out-of-control energy was when I walked her through it...she just can't seem to get the visualizations to work herself.

I was just hoping someone had some different idea from the norm...that might help.

I'll see if I can apply anything suggested...and maybe my clarification can help new ideas crop up.

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:12 am

Then try Daibanjo's way, Energy feedback even if it's accidental can be destructive, You need to really get this taken care of before it goes on any more.

I live with my husband and 2 children who in their own right are powerful emoition dealers And as an empath I've had issues where there emotions would be absorbed right into me, It took me years to realize that When I was fine one minute and then flying off the handle the next (no I'm not Bi-polar) That I was absorbing their emotions and mistaking them as my own. And so I've had to work on putting up walls, It's tricky, I don't want to block out how they feel, I just wanted to block out me taking on the emotion as it were my own. So it's a special wall. I'd also like to point out that I still get a stray emotion and I still fly, But for the most part it works.

It does have an adverse effect, I'd like to point out, I'm sorta numb most times. And I'm tired alot. I've been working on it but so far no luck, but I'm just trying to help,

Anyway, BTW if anyone can help on my wall let me know.

Good Luck

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:30 am

Honestly, I don't think it's as dangerous as it seems to be when presented in text.

It's a Twin bond that carried over from a joint past life, that strengthened when we both acknowledged it and reflects energy b/c we've exchanged energy during a regression meditation.

Daibanjo's way...I'm not even sure what that is...as the way I read it, it's using a meditational focus to supress your own energy so that other energy doesn't latch onto it.

I'm not empathic with anyone else, so I don't need strong shields...except when dealing with this.

I guess I'll simply have to sit down with her when she's in town next and see if we can work it out with me teaching her a way to ground out at random times during the day. Maybe instead of walls, we can use our Focus elements to take the excess to ground before it flares to the other.

Thanks for listening though...sometimes all a person needs to find an answer is to fling the problem out and listen to it bounce off other people!

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by daibanjo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:06 am

I'm sorry Kystar, I didn't explain properly. CHL is perfecftly correct in that you must ground yourself. My method is one of grounding by associating with a plant or rock that you have a connection with. The kind of connection that occurs when you "Like" that plant or rock. It's not a meditation to suppress anything but a way of letting go and allowing energies to flow through you. When you feel this way towards a plant or rock and spend some time just appreciating it then a flow will also take place from the object back to you and because of your (Affection, Admiration) whatever you call it, a positive healing energy will flow back to you.
The idea is not to suppress but to let go. Not just in this situation but in others too it pays to live your life like the wind. The wind just moves along it picks up good smells and bad smells, carries them for a while and then lets them go. Good or bad, without attachment and through it all the wind is still just the wind.
I hope in my awkward way you understand that I'm trying to give you a way to ground, which I was sure you do anyway, with a healing technique thrown in.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Okay...I kind of see that, daibanjo.

Unfortunately that kind of grounding has the effect of bleeding away almost all of my energy to the point where I can't think.

The thing I think got missed in my posts is that I DO ground out often. Every time I wash my hands, in fact, I ground my energy through the water...since water is a power element of mine...and the water takes it to the earth. It's an instinct, actually...I've been doing it since I was a kid.

It's a very unique situation, in that we reactivated a Twin Bond from a Past Life...and we're trying to learn to control how much goes back and forth.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:46 pm

I didn't miss that - in my post it was more grounding the energy, not yourselves. In fact, you throw so much energy when grounded, moreso than when not.

Anyway had to throw that in there ^^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:58 pm

Quite honestly, I used to have these episodes... I finally had to learn to notice the energies themselves.

In addition to grounding the energy (perhaps to avoid the "jet lag" feeling, try grounding into a peice of jewerly or a stone that you can carry with you... the energy is still available for you to use later then), try actually sitting down with her, and both of you need to sense each others moods and what they feel like. Once you can recognise them, it's easier to subconsiously note the feeling and respond without feedback.

After all, all the feedback is really trying to do is alert you that something is up with your souls-mate. Once the energy has been noted, it should disapate without you two riling each other up over and over again.

I agree that most times this sort of feedback isn't dangerous because it's between souls-mates... But it's better to try to not have this sort of feedback happen since it can be highly inconvienancing.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews